Sebastien Loeb's most expensive GT4 cockpit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rasfigjohn
  • 23 comments
  • 2,462 views
Messages
8
Practicing in the plane that led him back from the Turkey Rally to Le Mans Circuit..
 

Attachments

  • cap003.jpg
    cap003.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 271
  • cap006.jpg
    cap006.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 314
Damn I wish I had money even for the DFP! I'm still stuck playin GT4 with the DS2, yes, it sucks. Badly.
 
HAHA, that thing is hot, I got a wobbly table. Polyphonic probably built it for him.
 
psssh, in an airplane, so what, mine is in my living room that doesn't get turbulance and wont crash !!
 
This guy has better setup in the plane, than most people do at their homes. :grumpy:
 
The turbulance gives added force feed back :p
and just think how fun it would be to play a flight game
 
superhodge
The turbulance gives added force feed back :p
and just think how fun it would be to play a flight game
Why not just jump in the cockpit. :D
 
Pff, if I want total realism, I can just hop in my car. But then again, I can't race around the streets of Portland, well, without getting arrested. I remember a thread not that long ago when people were talking about turning up and down the brightness for 24 hour races. And someone suggested attacking you while racing to simulate a car crash! lol, good times!
 
angelboy52
Pff, if I want total realism, I can just hop in my car. But then again, I can't race around the streets of Portland, well, without getting arrested. I remember a thread not that long ago when people were talking about turning up and down the brightness for 24 hour races. And someone suggested attacking you while racing to simulate a car crash! lol, good times!

A few minutes later after the plane landing, he just hopped in his car for total realism...
 

Attachments

  • cap005.jpg
    cap005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 112
So cool if as he accelerated the plane did :dopey:

Don't see why he doesn't just get those goggle things, unless he has to see the wheel :rolleyes:
 
You know, I wonder what it would be like to live a day in the life of some famous race car driver. I wonder how stressful it would be?
 
a6m5
This guy has better setup in the plane, than most people do at their homes. :grumpy:


IMHO...the only thing 'better' then my setup is his TV....:D
 
angelboy52
You know, I wonder what it would be like to live a day in the life of some famous race car driver. I wonder how stressful it would be?

In fact the last picture where he jumps in the car is the first time he would race on the real circuit. he admits in an interview in the plane that except for GT4 simulation he had never raced in Le Mans yet. I think it must be really stressfull especially when thousands of people expect you to do miracles...
Not forgetting that 2 hours earlier the guy had won the Turkey Rally with his Citroen Xsara WRC...
 
It is interesting though, that as race car simulation improves, REAL race drivers can take advantage of it, to help memorize different tracks, and reduce wear on their vehicles. There is of course no substitute for behind the wheel practice, but as far as memorization goes, car sims are useful tool for drivers. I used to laugh at the prospect after I had seen that stupid sly stalone movie "DRIVEN" with the younger driver practicing on a computer.
 
356C
It is interesting though, that as race car simulation improves, REAL race drivers can take advantage of it, to help memorize different tracks, and reduce wear on their vehicles. There is of course no substitute for behind the wheel practice, but as far as memorization goes, car sims are useful tool for drivers. I used to laugh at the prospect after I had seen that stupid sly stalone movie "DRIVEN" with the younger driver practicing on a computer.
Good point. I think that day will come, sooner than we think. People would probably laugh, if I said I'm somewhat familiar with Laguna Seca track, because I've race it on GT games. But having played GT3 and GT4, I am more familiar with the layout of the track, than not having played it on the game at all.
 
When GT3 first came out, Grassroots Motorsports highly recommended that racers get a wheel/pedals setup and use it to keep in practice on the off-season.
 
a6m5
Good point. I think that day will come, sooner than we think. People would probably laugh, if I said I'm somewhat familiar with Laguna Seca track, because I've race it on GT games. But having played GT3 and GT4, I am more familiar with the layout of the track, than not having played it on the game at all.
That day is already here, that's not the first report I've seen where drivers learn track layout through PS2 games, notably F1.
 
Rasfigjohn
A few minutes later after the plane landing, he just hopped in his car for total realism...

reminds me of the words "from partial reality to full reality" :dopey:
 
Jacqes Villeneuve "learned" to drive at Spa on GP3 (or was it 4?) on the PC.
 
soptom
That day is already here, that's not the first report I've seen where drivers learn track layout through PS2 games, notably F1.
This is what I was referring to:
356C
It is interesting though, that as race car simulation improves, REAL race drivers can take advantage of it, to help memorize different tracks, and reduce wear on their vehicles. There is of course no substitute for behind the wheel practice, but as far as memorization goes, car sims are useful tool for drivers. I used to laugh at the prospect after I had seen that stupid sly stalone movie "DRIVEN" with the younger driver practicing on a computer.
 
That's pretty cool. Loeb is an amazing driver. Great pics, thanks.
 
angelboy52
Pff, if I want total realism, I can just hop in my car. But then again, I can't race around the streets of Portland, well, without getting arrested. I remember a thread not that long ago when people were talking about turning up and down the brightness for 24 hour races. And someone suggested attacking you while racing to simulate a car crash! lol, good times!



lol full contact drifting
👍
 
Back