Senior VP at Nissan Confirms Nissan Is Working on the Next Z Car

So when could we see the new Z car? As of right now, the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show looks likely.
There was already rumors of next gen Nissan Z concept to be shown at 2017 Tokyo Motor Show.

So the Infiniti QX50 moved to a front-wheel drive platform for its current generation, so this means either Nissan or Infiniti will need a new RWD crossover for this to make sense, since I don’t imagine the Q50/Skyline and Z are making too much profit themselves.

Then again the same RWD platform has been in use more or less since 2001 so they’ve had to have mostly recouped the costs by now.

I imagine the Z will use a 2.0T to compete against the Mustang and the traditional V6 to go head to head with the Supra. Not producing a 4 cylinder variant would be foolish. A hybrid version of some kind also makes sense, whether it’s a bottom or top of the range. I don’t think the majority of people care if more efficient/affordable powertrains are added to the range of any car as long as the traditional one is still available.

I would also welcome a RWD Z-inspired Nissan crossover, since the affordable RWD crossover is pretty much nonexistent. As long as they don’t call it —ZX

Last edited:
Anybody wanna take bets on when this one will go out of production? I'm thinking 2033 if the world can avoid a major catastrophe.

Whatever the next Z will be called, the 3.0T offered in the Infiniti Q60 does seem like a good bet for the engine. If it does they should call it the 300ZX again. Regardless, the current Z is definitely old. While we're at it I'd say the GT-R is also due for a full redesign.

Is it the next Zet or the next Zee?
Eenie meenie minie mo...
latest

It's Zed baby.

Come to think of it, the Versa ad Sentra are becoming obsolete, as both haven’t seen a major update since 2012.

If you think the Z has had it bad, the Frontier would like a word with you. :lol:

(Frontier is coming....soon)

Further reading.

Since the current Nissan Frontier debuted, in rough chronological order, I have:

Gone through 4 years of high school
Joined Facebook
Gone through 1 year of jr College
Visited Italy
Gone through 4 years of university
Gone through 1 year of post-university work
Moved from Texas to Michigan
Gone through 2 years of graduate school
Visited France
Moved from Michigan to Texas
Moved from Texas to California
Left Facebook
Worked in California for 3 years
In addition to going through 7 or 8 girlfriends and 8 cars :lol:

The most insane part of all of this is that when I see a 'new' Frontier, I don't actually think it looks dated. They still look pretty decent, especially in king cab form.

Last edited:
Without saying too much, I can confirm that I have seen movement on the development of this car. Things are happening...

Last edited:
Found a '12 base 370Z for $26kAUD. '17 NISMO $55kAUD. Cheapest R35 is about $75k. Wonder how much that kit would cost fitted.

Back