Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
I love Senna! He was an amazing talent, and a wonderful person. A true legend.

But....

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rats 🤬 about "Senna Content" being added to GT6?????

I mean, I would much rather see a fixed, functional GT6, including the missing features (track editor, shuffle, etc) way before seeing this "Senna content".

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anything "Senna related" actually adding value and content to the game. Aside from PD releasing Interlagos (possible, but much more likely for GT7), or enough Formula 1 cars from the same era to field a realistic 16 person grid....what can "Senna content" include that will increase my enjoyment of GT6 in the same way a track editor, shuffle races....or hell, how about just a stable online server, would?

I just don't see it. A couple racing suites....maybe one, possibly two (unlikely) of Senna's old F1 cars....a fancy 5 minute video....what else could this "Senna content" be?

Just my opinion, but this whole Senna business seems like another attempt by PD to gain publicity and hype without actually adding much to the game at all.

Agree 100%, you have nailed it. Before they add more content, how about getting what they have to work properly.

I "personally" would have preferred a dlc with someone like lauda, Prost, jackie steward ... Pref jackie as senna was a reckless idiot in my eyes and over rated , but that's just my opinion , least in gt6 I can don his race suit and drive sensible and safe ...

Put your helmet on, along with a fire proof suit. Your about to get flamed !!!

I don't know exactly what the agreement between PD and Mario was but I would feel slightly duped. You make a beautiful long trailer where you tell the story of your humble beginnings as a race driver and they re-create your first race car. So you would assume the story would somehow be told and extended upon in the actual game. Then it turns out that players who didn't get the game soon enough for the Hudson seasonal won't even have any context for the car except the car description.

I am sure it won't break Mario's heart but it sure as hell does feel like his good name was used to create a hype for something that doesn't deliver. For me that's pretty disrespectful.

I thought the whole feature showed more respect than I have previously seen from a video game tribute.

I love Senna! He was an amazing talent, and a wonderful person. A true legend.

But....

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rats 🤬 about "Senna Content" being added to GT6?????

I mean, I would much rather see a fixed, functional GT6, including the missing features (track editor, shuffle, etc) way before seeing this "Senna content".

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anything "Senna related" actually adding value and content to the game. Aside from PD releasing Interlagos (possible, but much more likely for GT7), or enough Formula 1 cars from the same era to field a realistic 16 person grid....what can "Senna content" include that will increase my enjoyment of GT6 in the same way a track editor, shuffle races....or hell, how about just a stable online server, would?

I just don't see it. A couple racing suites....maybe one, possibly two (unlikely) of Senna's old F1 cars....a fancy 5 minute video....what else could this "Senna content" be?

Just my opinion, but this whole Senna business seems like another attempt by PD to gain publicity and hype without actually adding much to the game at all.

No mate, you're not the only one that doesn't give a rats arse about Senna Content.

I want to see some good, wholesome road cars. Like, 5-10 new ones. Perhaps the Jag F-Type, McLaren P1, Merc A45 AMG etc.

I thought the whole feature showed more respect than I have previously seen from a video game tribute.

You could argue that for the trailer, yes. For the in game content absolutely not. And because the actual content falls so short compared to the trailer it leaves a rather bitter taste of Mario being used for the hype only.

I hope they fix this so good that i buy GT6. But if AI is so dumb that you pass Senna on the first corner...
and if sound is crap and if car feels like driving a miata...well i hope i hope they do some magic!

Man, free content falling short on content. :lol:

That has nothing to do with it being free. You are entirely missing the point. It is about it being just the car without any context to use it in or understand it even. No involvement with Mario's story. This should have been the whole point of the Hornet.

With your comment you show that you treat it as yet another of 1200 cars and that's exactly what is wrong with it. It shouldn't be yet another car. It is Mario's first race car and should have a special place as such. And to tie it with the topic of the thread: I fear that the same might happen to Senna. Little context - just yet another car or two.

I don't know exactly what the agreement between PD and Mario was but I would feel slightly duped. You make a beautiful long trailer where you tell the story of your humble beginnings as a race driver and they re-create your first race car. So you would assume the story would somehow be told and extended upon in the actual game. Then it turns out that players who didn't get the game soon enough for the Hudson seasonal won't even have any context for the car except the car description.

I am sure it won't break Mario's heart but it sure as hell does feel like his good name was used to create a hype for something that doesn't deliver. For me that's pretty disrespectful.

It seems like it's been this way for nearly every new feature since GT5… NASCAR had a portion of the grid, a small Special event, ONE A/B-Spec event, and a few bland and unrealistic Seasonals. Same with Rally, only there weren't even any events in the main career… Not even an off-road event! Drifting didn't even seem to have any sort of presence in the career mode, and Karting was basically forgotten about after the first special event, and what exactly was the point of the Top Gear track…? There wasn't even a single Top Gear-related event on it! This goes for just about every class of performance car in the game.

PD advertises all sorts of new assets for their games, and then doesn't even DO anything with them… What's the point, then? They don't give us a strong career fully elaborating what all the different series do - and we have assets from GT3, WRC, LMP, NASCAR, Karting, Formula/Indy Car (FGTs), GT500/300, and several World Touring Car regions. It REALLY is not hard to build a large structure of events. And they don't even give us the option to build 100% custom races ourselves offline, NOR sufficient community features to allow it online.

I COMPLETELY agree - they make a huge deal out of these historical figures, and then they (so far) at most release a relevant car or two, maybe a track. You don't get an idea of what their career, time period, or even general racing was like.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT this Senna stuff to be really thorough and excellent, breathing new life into the career mode, etc., but considering there hasn't really been a deviation from all these shenanigans since 2010, I have high doubts the Senna content will be worthwhile.

In fact, I'm beginning to question if any of the promised-but-yet-unreleased features will be worthwhile...

Yeah, it's not like they actually built a Hudson Hornet and presented it to him in real life.

Mario's first love, digitally immortalised, and recreated for real. And you feel bad for him?

I feel bad for you now Johnny.
I feel bad for you for feeling bad of Johnny who actually properly feel bad for Mario for having an half assed event to represent his career. PD arrogance is unlimited.

I really should've said "death OR birthday so you guys could understand :rolleyes:
Or you could have just said Birthday and been correct. It's not a matter of us misunderstanding. People tend to commemorate life not death too. Besides it was his Birthday recently, as I said, not the anniversary of his death. That was in May (just).

As far as the Senna update/DLC goes, I'm just expecting a car. Like Andretti's Hudson. I hope there's more though, I really do.

I feel bad for you for feeling bad of Johnny who actually properly feel bad for Mario
:odd: :boggled: :boggled: :boggled: ...yes.

Last edited:
There must be some deadline PD has regarding the Senna content. Well, a date is not mentioned because if they cannot make the deadline it will not look good. At all.

The Senna content is a big feature of GT6 otherwise why would they sell a limited special GT6 Senna edition.

Consider how much they had to pay to get the licenses and all the man hours that has gone into this project so far. To pay hundreds of employees and then in the end just end everything without getting something out of it - not an option.

Maybe the sparse updates have been according to plan since the beginning, who knows? Like, there hasn't been an update worth mentioning since the beginning of february. So all of the work has probably gone into working with the Senna content (?).

My prediction of what the Senna content will include:
* Karting - the physics model is already there. Maybe they will model some new karts but that shouldn't be that difficult.

* Interlagos track - Shown in the intro (well in some form anyway) and Kaz has already visited the place earlier this year. Could not be some random place to visit all of a sudden ;)

* F1 cars - F1 2013 Classic included most cars from the era but not the Senna ones (right?) so those that weren't part of that game should turn up in GT6, I guess. I mean why pay hard money for a license and then not using it. Also the black Lotus car is already a part of the intro movie and should be in the game.

* Interviews / Video content - There are some interviews in the intro movie so I believe they will be somehow interwined in some sort of career mode.

* Career/Events - Big events from his career will somehow show up. It will probably be like in the Red bull events where you unlock different events. This way PD can buy themself more time if needed. Also personally I think it's better to show the content in episodes than all at once, many reasons for that: players will be interested during a longer period of time because there is always those that want to finish it as fast as possible and then what.. even more bothersome wait for new content. Not sure how they can recreate the F1 races because there aren't any F1 cars in the game as of now just the PD F1 car so maybe those events will turn up as time trials. Or maybe Sennas cars against 15 other PD F1 cars, but that seems kind of boring, not authentic.. we will see.

Today I also noticed Bossanova music (popular in Brazil) in the Music library :) Hopefully we get something in april since the news has been out on the JP GT6 site.. maybe some Karting events and then some more content in may. I believe we will see more content after may 20 when the gt5 servers will be shutdown. Then they don't have to use resources maintaining gt5 and will solely work on gt6 (and maybe some on gt7p but I can't see how that would get higher priority over gt6, if so it's a very bad move).

I don't know guys, I just feel PD is going to yet again disappoint everyone. I just know it. They mess up the Senna content, you can bet GT7P will gain like 5 to 10 thousand sales, due to PD losing all their reputation from the world. They shouldn't deserve any defence if they screw this up (which I feel they will).

Have you played GT5? NASCAR, WRC, Top Gear, GT500, the list goes on.

Shame it's already happened, over and over again.

Failure of the Senna content is in a whole different magnitude. Kaz holds Senna very dear - his idol. But I do agree with you.. what has happened so far is not good at all and could be handled so much better.. they should know by now from earlier experiences.

The Senna content is a big feature of GT6 otherwise why would they sell a limited special GT6 Senna edition.

Money. They (PD/Sony) can sell alot of copies just off of his name alone.

Consider how much they had to pay to get the licenses and all the man hours that has gone into this project so far. To pay hundreds of employees and then in the end just end everything without getting something out of it - not an option.

I think you might be underestimating the money they can make from his name again. Shouldn't take long to recoup the cost of licenses.

Problem is GT6 hasn't exactly flown off the shop's shelves so there's a possibility they (PD) won't invest that much in future content. Ergo we only get a car and a Seasonal event for the Senna update.

Today I also noticed Bossanova music (popular in Brazil) in the Music library

Are you stating this as proof of something? It's the kind of music the series has used for a long time.

Last edited:
Failure of the Senna content is in a whole different magnitude. Kaz holds Senna very dear - his idol. But I do agree with you.. what has happened so far is not good at all and could be handled so much better.. they should know by now from earlier experiences.

Is that actually true? Until they announced this partnership I can't say I've ever noticed Kaz talk of Senna being his idol or anything like that.

Is that actually true? Until they announced this partnership I can't say I've ever noticed Kaz talk of Senna being his idol or anything like that.
I'd heard it mentioned a few times before, possibly in the documentary too. I can't find a link though, but I assure you that Kaz genuinely is a devoted Senna fan, which is the entire reason why he started the partnership in the first place. You can tone down the cynicism a bit.

Money. They (PD/Sony) can sell alot of copies just off of his name alone.

I think you might be underestimating the money they can make from his name again. Shouldn't take long to recoup the cost of licenses.

Problem is GT6 hasn't exactly flown off the shop's shelves so there's a possibility they (PD) won't invest that much in future content. Ergo we only get a car and a Seasonal event for the Senna update.

Senna is a big name, yes. But do the younger people really know who he is and what he accomplished. He left almost 20 years ago, rip. The reason Kaz wanted Senna was because people where forgetting the magic and he wanted to bring it back. Sure there can be money involved in this as you say. But if only money played a role they could handle the content in a different way - like present cars and drivers that are more recognized now.

Even if PD has bad sales of GT6 they have sold lots of games during these 15 years and the Gran Turismo name is known by many now (a big force in the car industry) so I don't think bad sales from one game will put them in a economic crisis and make them take bad choices like disregard content.

Senna is a big name, yes. But do the younger people really know who he is and what he accomplished. He left almost 20 years ago, rip. The reason Kaz wanted Senna was because people where forgetting the magic and he wanted to bring it back. Sure there can be money involved in this as you say. But if only money played a role they could handle the content in a different way - like present cars and drivers that are more recognized now.
Exactly right, as mentioned by Kaz in this interview.

Kaz said I thought he might end up being a figure like Jim Clark, and I thought the idea of someone like Ayrton Senna being half-forgotten, it’s just something I could not let go. Right now, today, is really our last opportunity to remind people of him while exposing him to a new generation.

So why didn't you do jimmy Clark then? Everyone knows who senna is , kaz gets me so twisted

My current avatar is Jim Clark, but some times I change it to Senna, or Fangio. :sly:
As for incoming DLC, GT6 really could use the bump, given the lack of momentum.

But whatever, is if dished up, it will have no chance in hell of pleasing everyone.
Its always been that way. Caution, possible hope & change chicane ahead. :lol:

Last edited:
Senna is a big name, yes. But do the younger people really know who he is and what he accomplished. He left almost 20 years ago, rip. The reason Kaz wanted Senna was because people where forgetting the magic and he wanted to bring it back.

Introducing him to a new generation is fine and to some extent you're right but don't think just because someone is young there not wise.

I haven't forgotten Fangio, Rindt, Jim Clark or anyone else who has a similar legendary status. I've known about them ever since I was old enough to watch motorsport and listen to my Dad. I'm interested in cars and racing. Don't underestimate the amount of kids with the same interest who know about all sorts of legends past and present.

I don't think bad sales from one game will put them in a economic crisis and make them take bad choices like disregard content.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't expect the Senna content to be any more than a car and a Seasonal event, and not a large purchasable DLC or anything else, because PD may think (due to poor sales of GT6) that it isn't worth investing the time and money in something that it would seem people aren't interested in and may not make a return i.e GT6

Last edited:
Let's hope so.

By the way, if(!) we get some Senna dlc I hope it's handled a bit more appropriate than just the simple "beat this time trial to win the car" as we have seen so far with the cars added after the game's release.

Then what do you think it will be? I think your suggestion is pretty accurate. Based on what we've seen so far, I wouldn't expect for more than a car, Senna related images in the main menu and some time attacks. Just think of all the content they've been talking about and none of it has been added yet. I would be cautious on what to expect from PD.

The only reason I would expect more than that is because they mentioned "tracing his career". Now of course this is PD So you have to take that with a Skyline full of salt but if that does still stand true, they should be delivering more than time trials.

Unfortunately even if they do deliver races/racing series unless it's combined with better AI it'll all be for nothing.

Kaz said I thought he might end up being a figure like Jim Clark, and I thought the idea of someone like Ayrton Senna being half-forgotten, it’s just something I could not let go. Right now, today, is really our last opportunity to remind people of him while exposing him to a new generation.

So why didn't you do jimmy Clark then? Everyone knows who senna is , kaz gets me so twisted

Ayrton is a huge icon in Japan as well as globally, and frankly it's easier to build content around Senna because he was from an era of TV coverage and increased global profile for F1.

I'm much too young to have known about Jim Clark other than through being the massive motorsport/F1 fan that I am, and I am in no doubt that he was one of the most naturally gifted drivers, certainly of his era, and probably of all time. There just isn't the 'back catalogue' of content for Clark that allows the current generation to understand him more than Ayrton. Senna's shadow is so great that it's only in the last few years that many are really starting to appreciate just how good his greatest rival Alain Prost was. It's not always about the bare stats and facts with the public's perception of someone, and Ayrton was someone who was even bigger a personality than his own considerable achievements.

I can't wait for the Senna stuff to hit GT6. I hope it's a comprehensive span of his career in F1, from Toleman to Lotus to McLaren to his final races with Williams. I'm not fussed about the amount of single-player events and such that potentially come along with it, as long as I can 'sit' myself in those cars and thrash them round the tracks, just like Ayrton.

Back