Sense of speed in gt6

Canada
Quebec
Handy_man_101
Ised to play NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT before i had GT5 and you could really feel yourself going fast.. It was almost scary, blurry around and you could see ony far ahead.. GT5 doesnt give me that feeling, it feels slow, even if you're going fast, no rush and sense of speed which i feel is boring.. Especially when cornering and colliding.. Anyways

:banghead: I.... I don't even know what to say.

GT5 tries to copy real life. Your eyes do not get blurry the faster you travel in real life.

Last edited:
ZohsixGT5
:facepalm: I.... I don't even know what to say.

GT5 tries to copy real life. Your eyes do not get blurry the faster you travel in real life.

But you feel te car in real life.. I dont know how to explain it, i knew i was gonna get this answer.. And i get it really, but still :( huhu

Dont know what "ised" means but when you go on the highway are your eyes getting blurry? You should see a doctor about that...anyways

I used to* anyways.. Just so i dont look like a complete idiot lol.. I know what gt5 is... I play it i enjoy and i enjoy driving in real life, its just that without acurally having a feel for the car and how fast you're going its not as fun

You need views of the left & right sides to give you visual of things flying past at speed. Having just the view facing forward doesn't create a realistic sense of speed.

In my opinion, GT5 represents the sense of speed a bit too much. If it were my game, I would tone it down a notch.

R1600Turbo
^^^ That. You need views of the left & right sides to give you visual of things flying past at speed. Having just the view facing forward doesn't create a realistic sense of speed.

Yeah like the other guy said.. With moniters, i like that

Crushed
I just feel like you havn't driven in real life... Because it doesn't look like NFS! Anyways...

Im not a pro race car driver.. But dont you feel speed when you're going over 150km/h? Unless you roll in a huge ass luxury mercedes then you sorta do..

Ised to play NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT before i had GT5 and you could really feel yourself going fast.. It was almost scary, blurry around and you could see ony far ahead.. GT5 doesnt give me that feeling, it feels slow, even if you're going fast, no rush and sense of speed which i feel is boring.. Especially when cornering and colliding.. Anyways

This is actually laughable. I guess you'd be young with this kind of comment & at 17 i was right.

Im not a pro race car driver.. But dont you feel speed when you're going over 150km/h? Unless you roll in a huge ass luxury mercedes then you sorta do..

Why would I be going 90mph? That's illegal :embarrassed: And anyway like others said, you should get multi-monitor view. And I still don't think you drive...

Gabtremblay
Im not a pro race car driver.. But dont you feel speed when you're going over 150km/h?.

On the race track, no. See on the street you have objects around you flying by at different speeds, poles, trees, signs, etc. On a race track you might have 50-100m of empty space on either side. Going 80mph (150kph) on a big track can feel slow in real life.

ZohsixGT5
On the race track, no. See on the street you have objects around you flying by at different speeds, poles, trees, signs, etc. On a race track you might have 50-100m of empty space on either side. Going 80mph (150kph) on a big track can feel slow in real life.

Yea i guess you're right.. I've never tried to actually race on a race track so i'm wrong then..

The sense of speed is just right in this game. Going 220+ mph while running up to the first chicane at Le Mans is exciting.:)

i agree wholeheartedly with one part, i dont like how the cars feel exactly the same almost from 60 mph to 260+mph, i feel some aspect could be tweaked but its one of those things you cant exactly put your finger on the exact problem

Last edited:
The problem with GT is that the physics are not correct enough to give a realistic sense of speed on a racetrack.

This is one of the other issues that need to be addresed as well as making it so most cars don't handle the same.

Slashfan
This is one of the other issues that need to be addresed as well as making it so most cars don't handle the same.

Totally agreeing with all of this.. I guess i wanted to say something more like that

R35 SKYLIN3
i agree wholeheartedly with one part, i dont like how the cars feel exactly the same almost from 60 mph to 260+mph, i feel some aspect could be tweaked but its one of those things you cant exactly put your finger on the exact problem

Yea.. Thats what i meant aswell

I agree with the intent of the OP and I enjoyed the sense of speed in NFS:S, also the slightly more realistic lap times. But the much better engine sounds also had a lot to do with that.

I've done a passenger lap in the Zakspeed Viper and trust me, going 170mph through Kesselchen is scary - fun, but scary - and yet it isn't scary at all in GT5. I don't want GT6 to go crazy confrontational trying to make sure we get it, but a little bit could go a long way.

That said, try playing with Multi-Monitor Options, I recently did that (even with a single TV) and if you change Adjust Angle of View to around 90% instead of 100%, it will increase the sense of speed a bit by pushing the camera "closer" and changing the depth perception slightly. I find that a lot of the problem with speed sensation in GT5 is the camera view is too high, which is like driving a truck - speeds just don't seem fast from up there.

Possibly something like that because if I'm going 100mph I wanna feel like it, the only time its noticeable is when you go to replays which is kinda annoying.

Latest Posts

Back