Sense of speed in gt6

interpolfan11
I really like the direction this thread headed in, and I agree with most of you.

*More camera shake for driving offroad or over bumpy roads would be great.
*A slight pull-back of the camera when gaining speed and a slight zooming-in of the camera when braking heavily would be great as well.
*And more little rattles within race cars when driving extremely fast would be perfect.

I believe all of this would be great if used in moderation and not to the extreme extent that Shift uses it.

Yea like you said this started a bit rough aha, but anyways, i'm sure PD could learn from many other games out there who make speed more realistic like dirt, forza and without a doubt NFS series, of course we dont want another MFS acarsiah game but a few touches here and there would be greatly appreciated

interpolfan11
I really like the direction this thread headed in, and I agree with most of you.

*More camera shake for driving offroad or over bumpy roads would be great.
*A slight pull-back of the camera when gaining speed and a slight zooming-in of the camera when braking heavily would be great as well.
*And more little rattles within race cars when driving extremely fast would be perfect.

I believe all of this would be great if used in moderation and not to the extreme extent that Shift uses it.

I'm pretty sure GT5 has the second point already in it.

Gabtremblay
Not really to be quite honest, and if it does then its minimal and doesnt give the effect its meant to

Well if your wearing a Hans Device, then your head shouldn't move much, and it GT5 it does move, but not by much.

Um, no,no,No,NO,NO! I do not, and I say I do NOT want the Shift 2 crap physics in any game that PD ever makes. Don't even think about it...

Maybe we could have a little more shaking when above 140mph.

Camera shake shouldn't be like having a seizure. It should be more like an up and down motion with little shake. Also slight movement to the opposite direction of the curve. Depending of type of car's seat.

hawkeye122
It should be like Shift, without the annoying Blur and discolouration.

Blur actually, if you think about it does happen in real life, your eyes can pick up aprrox 20fps i think.. And as you go faster, the angle at which you see with your peripheral vision is reduced, you can still se straight ahead but when going very fast your eyes dont detect all of your suroundings right ?
That might be why blur was introduced to shift..
Now im not saying it should be the same in GT6 im just wondering why people hate on blur so much

I'll say again what I've said before: when you are subject to high amounts of G-force, you are the one whose vision gets blurry. The environment around you doesn't get blurry, your vision does.

So no thanks, I'm fine with what we have ATM.

1241Penguin
I'll say again what I've said before: when you are subject to high amounts of G-force, you are the one whose vision gets blurry. The environment around you doesn't get blurry, your vision does.

So no thanks, I'm fine with what we have ATM.

Then would there be a way to recreate that? Cause right now we got nothing...

Blur actually, if you think about it does happen in real life, your eyes can pick up aprrox 20fps i think.. And as you go faster, the angle at which you see with your peripheral vision is reduced, you can still se straight ahead but when going very fast your eyes dont detect all of your suroundings right ?

look here www.100fps.com

Cars in GT6 should have their motion blur, see this video from 0:58 to see how real it looks in E3 2010 rendered video compared to actual game where every frame you can see the car in full sharpness.

Cars in GT6 should have their motion blur, see this video from 0:58 to see how real it looks in E3 2010 rendered video compared to actual game where every frame you can see the car in full sharpness.

👍 , Only realised that was GT about 30 seconds in.

Now im not saying it should be the same in GT6 im just wondering why people hate on blur so much

false

Um... Need for Speed isn't realistic, no matter what EA says... and GT5 is mimicking real life so of course it feels slow, that's what real life looks like even if you're going 200mph. Take a look at an onboard cam on YouTube sometime.

racetrackk1ng
Um... Need for Speed isn't realistic, no matter what EA says... and GT5 is mimicking real life so of course it feels slow, that's what real life looks like even if you're going 200mph. Take a look at an onboard cam on YouTube sometime.

Then why does t feel like a cardboard box when going through turns, when braking.. Why does it feel lile the car is as easy to control when going 50 and when going 220? Theres just something missing

There's only so much you can simulate in games. If you want to experience g-forces in a video game, then tough luck.

1241Penguin
There's only so much you can simulate in games. If you want to experience g-forces in a video game, then tough luck.

The suspension physics, the noise, the transmission and clutch physics all thses could really make a difference if they dont want to change how the car reacts at high speeds..

Then why does t feel like a cardboard box when going through turns, when braking.. Why does it feel lile the car is as easy to control when going 50 and when going 220? Theres just something missing

That sounds like a case of Super-grippy-tires, I recommend you a race of 5 laps on La Sarthe with the Arcade SLS, comfort softs tires, you'll see an improvement, maybe not much, but you'll se it. :sly:

Er, mm, beg to differ on that. Don't trust everything you see on youtube or recorded with a camera, it's not the same experience you get from actually being there. Two things - the camera can't get the same focus and peripheral vision and depth perception as your eyes do, and also if it is mounted to the car then that's another thing that lessens the sensation of speed. I've been around the 'Ring as a passenger of the Zakspeed Viper and believe me, 170mph felt a lot faster than 70mph and it is pretty hard to focus on the road buzzing past you even if you look right at it.

I think that "mounted to the car" look is half the problem - the car in the foreground should vibrate and bounce a little compared to the outside world and compared to the camera's perspective, if that makes sense.

FormulaKimball
Er, mm, beg to differ on that. Don't trust everything you see on youtube or recorded with a camera, it's not the same experience you get from actually being there. Two things - the camera can't get the same focus and peripheral vision and depth perception as your eyes do, and also if it is mounted to the car then that's another thing that lessens the sensation of speed. I've been around the 'Ring as a passenger of the Zakspeed Viper and believe me, 170mph felt a lot faster than 70mph and it is pretty hard to focus on the road buzzing past you even if you look right at it.

I think that "mounted to the car" look is half the problem - the car in the foreground should vibrate and bounce a little compared to the outside world and compared to the camera's perspective, if that makes sense.

Its something i'd really like to do.. Experience what it feels going 250 on a race track... Lucky you, i'm guessing you'd be one of the few here who could really report on how speed feels in gt5 anyways.. Lucky you

Back