Sequential Engine Upgrades

• Thread starter TwinTurbo
  • 8 comments
If you get the Engine up grades in order, Like stage one turbo, then stage two, then stage three will you end up with more horses then if you went straight to stage three.?
How about the NA tune ups, same question?

No. But you do have to build up your engine or you won't get the full power potential out of the turbo or N/A tune up. YOu need to get it balanced, port polished, exhaust, stuff like that, or the turbos have serious lag according to the Official Perfect Guide on Gt3.

There is a MAX HP level for each car, and you cannot exceed that limit no matter what you do in what order...

Not really, just make sure you have a decently built engine before you run and put the biggest turbo on. It says that if you don't tune your engine before you buy a large stage turbo, you will have gobs of turbo lag.

hey josh what do you mean build up your engine 1st .. like build it up as in turbo 1, 2, and so or build it up as in get the port and polish and all that stuff before you get the turbo?

I never start with small turbos, I just go straight to the niggest Stage Turbo, or Biggest N/A tune up possibe.

When I say tune, I mean race exhaust, race flywheel, triple disc plate clutch, race ship,race flywheel, port polish, engine balance and any other things like that that you can do. Basically do other stuff before you go and slap a big a__ turbo on. If you wanna know more, just ask.

About the triple disc clutch, it says that it's not good for highly tuned supercharged engines.  Does that mean on  Turbo cars the double plate is a better choice?

Acually you don't really need to get a triple plater unless you have a lot of horses.

Here's what it says on Clutches.

IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR ENGINE TO PRODUCE 1,000HP, BUT YOUR CLUTCH CAN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE, THEN YOU'LL BE LOSING A GREAT DEAL OF THAT POWER TO SPIN OFF, AS SUCH, MAKE SURE TO UPGRADE YOUR CLUCH ALONG WITH YOUR ENGINE.

I have the official Perfect Guide for GT3, made by Versus Books. So if you, or anyone has a question about ANYTHING in GT3 PM me, and I'll let you know what it says. It has all the info on tuning EVERY aspect of your car for different applications, info on turning, which cars for which track, and a LOT more info, so lemme know if ya need any info...

Back