Sexual Harassment

I really get boiled up from stuff like this, not because she's an 🤬. There's a lot of 🤬 in the world and couldn't care less, but I absolutely hate hypocrital 🤬.

It represents to me that nobody wins with these us vs. them mentality wars. Almost everything that is portrayed by most as the good side pull the same tactics as the "bad guys". It doesn't make your side right, it makes it just as bad and I rather watch both die out. Willing to sacrifice innocent livelihoods for a "greater good" is exactly what their opposition thinks.
Careful not to have someone liberally interpret that as saying you want feminists to die. :sly:

Like this?

TNB1rlenUhHD__Lm1vG8kOBfbewfw1FYmsc1vhT0pnk.jpg
A couple videos that were followups to these twitter posts.

Warning for foul language

You know you're in Wonderland when you have to turn to Fox News and Tucker Carlson for logic and rational :banghead:

On another note, related to the Matt Lauer situation at NBC. Here's an article about NBC's new work place policies.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/i...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

When I read that, it made me think of the "sex scene" from that old movie Demolition Man, with Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock.

Warning for extremely brief nuedity (if this is innapripriate, I will remove...but it's from YouTube, so...)

On November 24, 1947,ten Hollywood writers and directors were cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to testify to the House Un-American Activities Committee. The response was circling of the wagons by a group of all the major studio executives who acted in concert to fire the artists who came to be known as the so-called Hollywood Ten. Dozens more would be fired in the coming years for suspected of being commies. These writers and directors had not been convicted of any crimes they simply refused to testify about whether they were communist sympathizers. 70 years later history repeats itself:
https://pagesix.com/2018/01/07/evan...globe-attendees-to-call-out-sexual-harassers/
Actress Evan Rachel Wood is calling on guests to out sexual harassers at tonight’s awards ceremony by forming a circle around them.
“Hey! Persons’ attending the Golden Globes this Sun. If you see a predator but don’t feel you can say anything publicly, gather a handful of people and make a circle around them. The room will know,” she tweeted Saturday.
Let's not contact the police, let's not engage in due process. Instead, let's take a very public forum and engage in public shaming without recourse and potentially ruin someone's career without so much as stepping into a courtroom or uttering a specific allegation or attempting to verify it's authenticity.

On November 24, 1947,ten Hollywood writers and directors were cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to testify to the House Un-American Activities Committee. The response was circling of the wagons by a group of all the major studio executives who acted in concert to fire the artists who came to be known as the so-called Hollywood Ten. Dozens more would be fired in the coming years for suspected of being commies. These writers and directors had not been convicted of any crimes they simply refused to testify about whether they were communist sympathizers. 70 years later history repeats itself:
https://pagesix.com/2018/01/07/evan...globe-attendees-to-call-out-sexual-harassers/

Let's not contact the police, let's not engage in due process. Instead, let's take a very public forum and engage in public shaming without recourse and potentially ruin someone's career without so much as stepping into a courtroom or uttering a specific allegation or attempting to verify it's authenticity.

I'm totally expecting some comedians/smart asses to get together and just start circling random people (and Evan of course). :lol:

Now that sounds like straight up bullying and harassment. Which isn't the best way to handle expected or even convicted sexual harassers.

Not sure if this belongs here but I'm not sure where else to put it. On one hand you can lose your job for asking a woman on a date in the workplace but on the other hand, apparently if you are a woman and try to kneecap your sports opponent so she doesn't beat you into that spot on the Olympic team, and then plot to kill her, you are a disenfranchised victim of America's class structure, praised for your individuality and the media is to blame for spinning your story. At least according to Allison Janney I'm sensing a slight double standard here.

Not sure if this belongs here but I'm not sure where else to put it. On one hand you can lose your job for asking a woman on a date in the workplace but on the other hand, apparently if you are a woman and try to kneecap your sports opponent so she doesn't beat you into that spot on the Olympic team, and then plot to kill her, you are a disenfranchised victim of America's class structure, praised for your individuality and the media is to blame for spinning your story. At least according to Allison Janney I'm sensing a slight double standard here.

When did Tonya Harding stop being an anti-hero?

When did Tonya Harding stop being an anti-hero?
The Olympics, by definition, are an oppressive heirarchy spawned from evil patriarchy. By it's very nature, judging criteria for figure skating represent a heirarchy, one that clearly discriminated against Harding.

Without question, Harding was the true victim here - the victim of meritocracy, heirarchies, and patriarchy. Because she is the victim, she is morally justified in using any and all means necessary to overthrow her oppressors.

It's the exact same philosophy that ANTIFA pushes when they say, "punch a Nazi". Because they think Nazis are oppressing them, and they are the victims, they believe they have they have the moral authority to commit violence.

Ironically, coming from the extreme opposite side, the Alt-Right, Richard Spencer just proclaimed that he believes "politics is violence" (pretty sure he got that from the monologue in Starship Troopers). Therefore anymore making political moves against you is committing violence, therefor justifying your own use of violence to defend yourself - even if that "defense" involves taking pre-emptive strikes.

So that's what Harding did. She took a pre-emptive strike against Kerrigan - who was clearly going to oppress Harding with her supior skill.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting story I've been watching develop: #MagicGate. It's a story that involves Progressive Agendas, Harassment Allegations, Witch Hunts, YouTube Algorithms, and Pedophiles.

Some disclaimers, I can't remember how I stumbled across this, but I started watching this develop back in around Oct 2017. Originally it was basically nothing more than YouTube drama, but has recently taken a very bizarre and rather disturbing twist. Also, I'm not someone who plays Magic the Gathering at all. I know what it is (I guess for those who don't, it's a trading card game), and played a bit when I was a kid, but havent seen a Magic card in over 15 years.

First character to introduce is a man named Jeremy Hambly, who goes by the user names Unsleevedmedia and TheQuartering on YouTube. He is one of, if not the largest YouTube content creators regarding Magic the Gathering. He's also not one to be shy, and isn't afraid to share his opinions. He has a record of being critical of Wizards of the Coast (company that makes the game, part of Hasboro Games) on things he disagrees with, one of which has been the progressive agenda being pushed in the MTG community.

The other character involved at the beginning of this was Christine Sprankle, a prominent cosplayer in the MTG community. She was one of the top cosplayers in MTG, earning money through services like Patreon for dressing up in MTG costumes and posing in pictures for lonely young men, and going to conventions to sign autographs.

In the summer of 2017, Jeremy made some comments on Twitter, questioning Christine's motives and methods of being involved in the MTG community.

Several months later, in Nov 2017, Christine announced she was retiring from MTG cosplay, citing persistent harassment from Jeremy as her main reason. As far as I can tell, there was no evidence other than his tweets from the summer.

Naturally, Jeremy was targeted by an army of white knights, demanding that he be banned from MTG, wanting him sued, and his YouTube channels removed. Some of these white knights were high ranking MTG judges, one of whom went so far as to make instructional videos on how to mass flag Jeremy's YouTube content.

In Dec 2017, Jeremy was hit with a lifetime DCI ban (from what I gather, you have to have a DCI number to play in official tournaments), with the reasons being targeted harassment and hate speech.

Nearing the end of Dec, it was revealed that Christine actually left MTG cosplay because she had decided to go back to school. Jeremy's lifetime ban was not lifted.

With nothing to lose, Jeremy started making videos pointing out the hypocacy of WOTC in banning him for harassment, and then presenting evidence to the amount of harassment he has received from members of the MTG community, up to an including people doxxing him, which has lead to people sending letters and packages to his personal address.

At the same time as he was making these videos, he opened up a gmail account called WOTCaskedforthis@gmail.com, and just asked the community to send him any dirt they had on WOTC.

Very quickly, multiple reports of known pedophiles within the MTG judging community started coming in. Jeremy dug into it, and wouldn't you know it, he confirmed that there were convicted sex offenders and convicted pedophiles active within the Judging comminty - and there was no background checks being done on anyone.

It's important to keep in mind, parents drop kids off at the local gaming store for tournaments, and leave them with the store owners and judges all day long. None of these convicted sex offenders are (were) DCI banned - yet Jeremy was.

The more Jeremy looked, the more he found. He then called out WOTC on this. Both WOTC and Hasboro have yet to make an official statement. However, on one of the WOTC top personal's personal twitter account, the statement was made that "the judges aren't official employees of WOTC, so not our responsibilty".

After the tweet was made, Jeremy was able to prove that someone at WOTC was retroactively banning some of the offenders Jeremy was naming.

The day after Jeremy made the video reporting on the pedos (end of Dec, early Jan) his main YouTube channel, The Quartering, was mass flagged and I believe automatically given 3 community strikes, which from what I can gather, means a channel is completely toast. Lucky for Jeremy, he's said that he knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who is really really high up in YouTube, personally reviewed the situation, and The Quartering has just in the last day or so being reinstated. It does not have any new content on it yet. Jeremy claims that it was explained to him that once the mass flagging happened, YouTube algorithms took over, which is why the channel got banned so quickly and without actual human review.

This is the best summary I've been able to find (warning for language)

Here's links to Jeremy's YouTube pages

The Quartering

Unsleeved Media

The pedophile issue aside, which is crazy in and of itself - that there would be an organization of volunteers who routinely work around children, in positions of power, and do not require any kind of background checks, plus the hypocrisy of WOTC saying they have a zero tolerance policy for pedos and sex offenders, yet they routinely have convicted offenders participating and not on any ban list.

That bit aside though, two things stand out. One, the witch hunt against Jeremy that was started because of false or inaccurate accusations. Two, a private company (WOTC) banning someone from a community because of opinions they expressed on Twitter. What made that hit home for me was the analogy, what if I said something on Twitter that Steam/Polyphony Digital/Slight Mad Studios/Zenimax (companies I've sunk 100s of dollars or more into) didn't like, and they decided to ban me from a gaming community for expressing political or personal opinions on social media. That's a scenario that makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I realize this is a double post (err triple actually), but it's something completely unrelated.

Singer and Songwriter Genuine, currently appearing on whatever version of Big Brother is on the TV, was accused of being being transphobic after saying he wouldn't date a trans-woman, and then rejecting a kiss from a trans-woman.

As CTG points out, if the roles were reversed, Genuine would be accused of sexual harassment.

Singer and Songwriter Genuine, currently appearing on whatever version of Big Brother is on the TV, was accused of being being transphobic after saying he wouldn't date a trans-woman, and then rejecting a kiss from a trans-woman.
When you are afraid of spiders everyone thinks your cute, but if you choose whom to kiss or sleep with on your own you should feel bad because you are bad.

It's important to keep in mind, parents drop kids off at the local gaming store for tournaments, and leave them with the store owners and judges all day long. None of these convicted sex offenders are (were) DCI banned - yet Jeremy was.
Magic has always been promoted for people in their teenage years or above. No good parent would drop their kids off on their own to go play Magic, I know people who do that with Yugioh and Pokemon but Yugioh and Pokemon are more kid oriented than Magic is. All the kids I know who play Magic all were supervised by their parents who also went to play the game.

Magic has always been promoted for people in their teenage years or above. No good parent would drop their kids off on their own to go play Magic, I know people who do that with Yugioh and Pokemon but Yugioh and Pokemon are more kid oriented than Magic is. All the kids I know who play Magic all were supervised by their parents who also went to play the game.
Well I'm telling you when I was 12, 13, 14, my friends and I would drive 45 minutes with our parents from the tiny little town we lived in to the "big town" that had a pint sized shopping mall and a game store. We would get dropped off, parents would spend the day shopping or whatever. Some days, we hung out at the game store all day. I wasn't really into magic, a couple of my friends were, so I remember spending full days watching people play. If there was 10 people in the store, at least half were under the age of 15, as young as 10 or 11. This would have been in like '97, '98, '99....another time, different planet I guess.

Well I'm telling you when I was 12, 13, 14, my friends and I would drive 45 minutes with our parents from the tiny little town we lived in to the "big town" that had a pint sized shopping mall and a game store. We would get dropped off, parents would spend the day shopping or whatever. Some days, we hung out at the game store all day. I wasn't really into magic, a couple of my friends were, so I remember spending full days watching people play. If there was 10 people in the store, at least half were under the age of 15, as young as 10 or 11. This would have been in like '97, '98, '99....another time, different planet I guess.
I guess it simply comes with the age of the Magic fanbase getting older. Since my experience is 20 years later.

Not long ago (after #metoo) there was a radio interview with a Norwegian professor in work psychology, Thomas Hoff. He was concerned about the protection of those being accused, saying "in my experience there are things that indicate that maybe as much as 50% of all accusations of sexual harassment in general could later turn out to be false/fabricated or simply different from how the accuser presented them".

This was based on established methods for how to handle sexual harassment charges, namely so called fact checks or fact research (tried to translate it directly). The goal with those is to establish exactly what had happened, what was said, what was done. So the accused is given the opportunity to defend himself (or herself) against the accusations. He also stressed that this should happen as soon as possible, since people's perception of what actually occurred changes over time, at least if we're talking years.

He also acknowledged that it must be hard for someone to bring forward such accusations, since the accuser is often afraid of how she (or he) could be percieved within the workplace or how it could affect their career.

Comedian Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual assault. This situation is a little different in that there is basically a very detailed play by play of the alleged encounter from the alleged victim's perspective which differs from the usual drive by media paragraph you get from these things. The link also includes alleged copies of text messages exchanged afterwards.

Comedian Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual assault. This situation is a little different in that there is basically a very detailed play by play of the alleged encounter from the alleged victim's perspective which differs from the usual drive by media paragraph you get from these things. The link also includes alleged copies of text messages exchanged afterwards.
She knew what time it was from my skim read.

I realize this is a double post (err triple actually), but it's something completely unrelated.

As CTG points out, if the roles were reversed, Genuine would be accused of sexual harassment.

That's how you know it's gone too far. If you aren't allowed to say no for yourself, then you are effectively flipping personal choice to whatever the crowd wants.

Accused by who? The only person who was remotely offended was the woman who he said it to, nobody else in the room (or in the surrounding media as far as I could see) saw it as anything but his own perfectly-acceptable preference. The woman in question has seemed to play the 'victim card' almost constantly and has done little to advance understanding of gender transition issues. If anything she's received a right royal education in gender, sex and society from an eloquent drag queen who's sharing the same house.

Source: Mrs. Ten watches that crap every night. It becomes mind-numbingly addictive.

Accused by who? The only person who was remotely offended was the woman who he said it to, nobody else in the room (or in the surrounding media as far as I could see) saw it as anything but his own perfectly-acceptable preference. The woman in question has seemed to play the 'victim card' almost constantly and has done little to advance understanding of gender transition issues. If anything she's received a right royal education in gender, sex and society from an eloquent drag queen who's sharing the same house.

Source: Mrs. Ten watches that crap every night. It becomes mind-numbingly addictive.
Something like this is too hard to ignore on social media. I'd assume the twits are blowing up over it. Of course it is a reality tv show and utterly meaningless....:lol:

Apparently it’s now Woody Allen who finds himself in the crosshairs and the people involved in his latest film are taking the moral high ground.

Surely people really aren’t this blind? I mean, the guy has had several allegations over the years and married his adopted daughter. :yuck:

Apparently it’s now Woody Allen who finds himself in the crosshairs and the people involved in his latest film are taking the moral high ground.

Surely people really aren’t this blind? I mean, the guy has had several allegations over the years and married his adopted daughter. :yuck:
It was actually his wife Mia Farrow's adopted daughter from her previous marriage which would make the current Mrs. Allen his former stepdaughter. Farrow and Allen were never legally married. Farrow's other daughter Dylan has accused Allen of molesting her as a child. Mia Farrow found out about the affair between Allen and her adopted daughter by finding nude photographs of her in Allen's apartment.

It was actually his wife Mia Farrow's adopted daughter from her previous marriage which would make the current Mrs. Allen his former stepdaughter.
Yeah, it still skews "really :censored:ing creepy" (that's the technical term).

Anyway...

Am I the only one who feels the #metoo movement is leading to the right destination but isn't going about it the right way?

I have a daughter who will soon, if all goes as planned (fingers crossed), will be heading into the corporate world, to whatever degree, and I don't want her to end up in a situation that a staggering number of women find themselves in. Ideally she will figure prominently enough wherever she ends up, but that's not reality, and still doesn't remove the possibility situations will be encounteted.

That said, the current climate is far too susceptible to abuse (just look at the number of claims that reference lost job opportunities, a scenario that lends itself to bitterness and a desire to get revenge--not to say that all such scenarios result in action to this end), and harsh sentences (expulsion and ostracism) are being brought down on alleged perpetrators with seemingly minimal investigation. I believe that individuals are capable of changing, particularly when actions are revealed and penalized.

Now I don't claim to know what the right way is, but surely something can be agreed upon if all involved parties (which is basically everyone) hash things out.

I'm also compelled to add that I have an issue with Reese Witherspoon being some sort of beacon of morality after that highly-publicized traffic stop--drunkenness doesn't make you a different person, it makes it more difficult for you to hide who you really are. I understand she's supposed to have been abused, and she has a right to stand up for those in a similar situation, but I'm concerned about the optics; because if I have an issue with it, I'm sure those opposed to the entire movement will as well.

Back