Share your AI art

• Thread starter RYAN
  • 188 comments
Wales
Caerphilly, SW
[-_-]MILO[-_-]
RYAN-31
(I searched for a thread like this but didn't find one so thought I'd check the interest)

With the recent mainstream virality of AI and in particular the Image Generation aspect, I thought it would be cool to see what people have been creating. Share whatever you think looks good, Maybe try and explain a bit of your creation or maybe the prompts used.

There are quite a few popular AI image Generators but I personally use the Bing AI Image Creator because its powered with DALL-E and is very easy to use. All you need is a Microsoft account and you are away!

I started with trying to create things that would make cool looking album covers.

_ddcd5231-e2f7-4f83-af81-7b5f1b6cdd40.jpg
OIGjgjkhkykktyukyt.jpg

_0bfdca3b-b3ac-464d-9af5-5af1d83214d8.jpg
_d82a86e6-f9a2-4ace-8ac6-ac67f2e9c750.jpg

If there's interest maybe we can have a different theme each week or something like that.
(If theres no interest I'll just go back to playing with it by myself)😄

Last edited:
At this stage I'm just messing around to see what works and what doesn't with fairly random prompts, like what words does it realise are for details, or for the style etc. etc. At this point generating something in an attempt to be photo real seems fairly pointless, going for something highly stylised seems better.

1696531997473.png

1696532124540.png

1696532265943.png

1696532323230.png

1696532344982.png

At this stage I'm just messing around to see what works and what doesn't with fairly random prompts, like what words does it realise are for details, or for the style etc. etc. At this point generating something in an attempt to be photo real seems fairly pointless, going for something highly stylised seems better.

View attachment 1292765
View attachment 1292766
View attachment 1292768
View attachment 1292770
View attachment 1292771
Is this from Gencraft? £10/w is too pricey for what I would use it for, but these are very cool. Does it let you iterate image requests, i.e. to modify existing images?

I discovered last night that Bing lets you iterate images to some extent, which is amazing - it's easier to use Bing Chat than bing.com/create

-

Marbles
53238033861_aae487c848_c.jpg

Psychedelic Buddha
53238465080_b27fb92b42_c.jpg

Last edited:
Is this from Gencraft? £10/w is too pricey for what I would use it for, but these are very cool. Does it let you iterate image requests, i.e. to modify existing images?
I think it's 10 images a day for free, which wasn't enough for experimenting with, but probably will be enough once I've got to grips with it so I'll probably cancel the subscription soon. It also stores everything I've made indefinitely and offers 4k downloads in the paid plan, but that's not really necessary for me.

With existing images you can add exceptions (negative prompts) to get a more finely honed result, or there's an editor that lets you select elements and add new prompts... so for "Touring Mars" ('Diorama' mode, advanced mode) I get this...

1696585821928.png

I can then select a bunch of things in the picture and change them... so this was selecting the left hand robot and adding 'remove'...

1696585935724.png

And then I can select the sky and add "Night sky with stars", and I get this...

1696586162118.png

... so there is some fine tuning available, but the interface isn't brilliant, and then it can be a bit hit or miss on what it lets you edit.

I think trying to get something specific is pretty tricky with AI, but at the same time, I'm just playing around without an idea of what I really want to create.

Yeh, the level of experimentation required to get anything specific means you need a lot of attempts/iterations, but being able to specifically remove or add individual elements is great. However, I believe Photoshop AI is good for editting existing images. I don't know if we still have a license for that at work, but it would be fun to test it out.

-

On another note, I can see why some artists are not happy with the advancement of AI / the use of their artwork in training models etc. Here's an image I just asked Bing to create based on the work of Eugenia Loli. The pink one is real, the blue one is Bing:

rocky-start_500.jpg
OIG..jpg

I once asked Eugenia if I could use this image on Soundcloud for one of my songs. She actually replied to me to say that I couldn't use it (because she had already given permission to someone else to use it) but did very kindly allow me to use another of her artworks instead. I wouldn't use an AI copy of her work out of respect for her work, but it is incredible to see how easy it is to generate mimics.

Last edited:
IMG_9902.jpeg
IMG_9903.jpeg
IMG_9904.jpeg
IMG_9905.jpeg
IMG_9906.jpeg

@Touring Mars great shout.

Created using Bing with the idea being GTP themed.

I just hate it when the cars seem to melt and distort. For some reason AI still has its issues but it’s amazing to see how far it’s come in such a small amount of time.

Should maybe make a separate thread for this, but I was using Bing/Dall-E 3 today for work, and tried asking it to make a couple of car images...

View attachment 1292705

Over 10 years ago, i was inspired by digital renderings of concept cars so much I wanted to do that for a living. Pulling out photoshop, designing a car body, and making it look as photorealistic as reasonably possible.

All the effort spent learning how to depict form, creating the sense of emitting lights, drawing ellispes perfectly and at the right perspective, and getting body reflections to get the paint to look glossy.

Now here we are; just crunch in some words, and a machine can do just about all of that.

I asked Bing to create a birthday card for my sister with an image of a 5 year old labrador on it.

It did a fabulous job, but it's added the number '5' on each side of the dog, so it looks like a card for a 55 year old :lol:

I think I would need to emigrate if I actually sent that to my sister...

In learning to embrace AI rather than feel guilty for lack of originality using it, I made my first AI generated art I am proud of. This is me as a racing fan- blue and gold race car with my driver number (25). Check it:

(Source: my X/Twitter, generated with Bing Image Creator)

I actually pleased I got an accurate result I liked. Only thing I wish I did, however, was have a full view of the car rather than just this design being truncated. A similar result from this generated image had the car with the number "25" on the headlights area.

Once I saw a similar thread on GTPlanet talking about free generated images from Bing, I hopped on and had somewhat a field day with it. However, some prompts I tried were blocked. A lot of those prompts didn't seem to be anything too egregious. Though, some prompts aren't allowed when generating AI images.

I'll keep playing around with AI art generators and see what other interesting generations I can create.

I was playing with the Bing toy a few days ago trying to get an art nouveau poster in the style of Mucha, Grasset, or Privat-Livemont and featuring a corgi. None of them got the line work right but this one ended up being really cute and closer to what I wanted.

corgi-poster.jpg

Classic Tracks
Images inspired by songs from the late 60's/early 70's

53268470848_6d4defd0e6_w.jpg
53267293177_e51df3e3e7_w.jpg

53268443163_04e624a644_w.jpg
53268513574_408bca8e97_w.jpg

These are some attempts at recreating mental images that I get while listening to some favourite tracks. Some are more literal than others, and I'd be amazed if anyone can get any of them based on these alone. Some are song titles but others are based on lyrics within the songs so are considerably more personal/obscure.

A few clues:

Velvet Underground, Genesis, The Who, Steely Dan

Last edited:
I'm trying to iterate images in Bing, but I don't think I'm doing it right. However, I am getting better at prompts.

Here's my attempt to illustrate the moment my trip to Donington was cancelled, complete with pit lane pass round my neck.

EDCF7B14-10CF-4F6A-9784-4CF164497BAA.jpeg

Last edited:
"Discover the wonders of the atomic age on wheels!"

I asked Bing for a 1960's advertisement for radioactive caravans.

1697986597228.png

And then a 1970's Soviet ad for submarine holidays.

1697987817060.png

And a 1950's Swedish ad for unicycles.
1697988293684.png

Last edited:
I can see Hot Wheels making a Mandalorian car, and it would most likely look like that.

Back