Share your drift edits

• Thread starter Maty_Vip
  • 89 comments

ahah Mount Eden-Sierra Leone, used to spend the night on gt5 with my roommates listening to this. Great vid!

new team in the making here: DriftMatic
7061644216471945728_0.jpg

7062207166291117568_0.jpg

This game does not deserve the livery on that Atenza, but props to its maker.

Edit: Is that the road car or skyactive race car?
What do you mean this game does not deserve the livery on the Atenza.

I'm not sure if you know the game well cause it's obviously the gr3 race car. There's a wing on it.

How about this livery? Does the game deserve it?

Please give us a bit of insight regarding the deserving-of-liveries business cause I for one feel a bit lost brother.

Last edited:
What do you mean this game does not deserve the livery on the Atenza.

I'm not sure if you know the game well cause it's obviously the gr3 race car. There's a wing on it.

How about this livery? Does the game deserve it?

Please give us a bit of insight regarding the deserving-of-liveries business cause I for one feel a bit lost brother.

I don’t drive race cars, so I wasn’t sure if you could strip or replace their liveries. GT is a very strict game ya know. I saw a black one in a lobby that really got some gears turning and I didn’t want to spend the money and I couldn’t make changes to the car.

And my comment was a compliment. I’m an old geezer (in drift years) who knows you can’t fully do iconic drift liveries justice in this game, because it’s a racing game and its strict parameters won’t allow it outside of that. I can’t even find video of the weld Mkii online anymore :(

BTW that Cs Garage livery is perfect for this game, as their cars are now setup as pro cars. If their cars were still setup as street style cars, the game just couldn’t properly depict the style.

I don’t drive race cars, so I wasn’t sure if you could strip or replace their liveries. GT is a very strict game ya know. I saw a black one in a lobby that really got some gears turning and I didn’t want to spend the money and I couldn’t make changes to the car.

And my comment was a compliment. I’m an old geezer (in drift years) who knows you can’t fully do iconic drift liveries justice in this game, because it’s a racing game and its strict parameters won’t allow it outside of that. I can’t even find video of the weld Mkii online anymore :(

BTW that Cs Garage livery is perfect for this game, as their cars are now setup as pro cars. If their cars were still setup as street style cars, the game just couldn’t properly depict the style.
I'm still not sure what you mean by "it won't allow outside of that". I must admit I don't know much about real cars so I would love it if you gave proper details about what's missing.
But it also really sounds like you haven't seen much of the game so far.

Edit: I've now seen this
still don't get why GT Sport doesn't deserve a nice livery.. would RFactor or AC deserve it more?

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what you mean by "it won't allow outside of that". I must admit I don't know much about real cars so I would love it if you gave proper details about what's missing.
But it also really sounds like you haven't seen much of the game so far.

Edit: I've now seen this
still don't get why GT Sport doesn't deserve a nice livery.. would RFactor or AC deserve it more?

It seems the game has an algorithm that says, anything +/- these parameters has adverse handling effects on vehicle, set limit at xyz.

Here’s a look at GT without those parameters.

Liveries just look better on lowered cars. Luckily the majority plays with race cars so It doesn’t look as bad, but it just wouldn’t look as it should on a street car.

I just wish the developers would take drifting more seriously in GT, instead of using it as a gimmick.

Last edited:
It seems the game has an algorithm that says, anything +/- these parameters has adverse handling effects on vehicle, set limit at xyz.

Here’s a look at GT without those parameters.

Liveries just look better on lowered cars. Luckily the majority plays with race cars so It doesn’t look as bad, but it just wouldn’t look as it should on a street car.

I just wish the developers would take drifting more seriously in GT, instead of using it as a gimmick.
I agree, I'd love to see my road cars lower, but tons of players are not as dedicated as you or even me, so probably that's the reason why it's impossible to make radical adjustments..
Those modded GT6 cars are amazing, is there a way to get there these days from a yet unjailbroken but not ancestral firmware PS3?
And if you have a link to a nice video with these, please share!

I agree, I'd love to see my road cars lower, but tons of players are not as dedicated as you or even me, so probably that's the reason why it's impossible to make radical adjustments..
Those modded GT6 cars are amazing, is there a way to get there these days from a yet unjailbroken but not ancestral firmware PS3?
And if you have a link to a nice video with these, please share!

I tandemed with a fd that sounded like the Red Bull x car (forget the name) and had my ps3 jb the same day :).

Non jb methods are all early firmware via a pc program iirc. Next gen update forum has all the answers. Sorry for being so vague, it’s just this site would lose their perks or whatever they have going on with GT. BUT, you will find detailed answers there.

I'm starting to enjoy this thing of make videos, even with a very small knowledge about editing.

So I made a channel where i post not only GT Sport, but also any game that is possible to slide and i have how record. From mobo games, emulation (PS1 and PS2 mostly), PC games and so on.

I must find other subsections on GTP where I can promote them, btw.

New drifting lost tapes chapter on the way. Rain is not a big deal, but deal with wet and dry roads in the same run is the key of my pain.

New drifting lost tapes chapter on the way. Rain is not a big deal, but deal with wet and dry roads in the same run is the key of my pain.

rain is a very big deal if you play it how it should be. In time trial mode you can't enjoy it fully because the game don't let you set grip reduction to realistic. You can only feel it in an online lobby or a custom race in arcade mode.

rain is a very big deal if you play it how it should be. In time trial mode you can't enjoy it fully because the game don't let you set grip reduction to realistic. You can only feel it in an online lobby or a custom race in arcade mode.

Maybe your LSD isn´t friendly to wet enviroment. If you get neutral handling as possible, you´re doing fine. Tried Red Bull track too, can obtain massive angles there but still stable.

Back