Share your drift edits

Discussion in 'GTS Drifting' started by Maty_Vip, May 8, 2018.

1. bil coz

bil coz

Is the video you posted not from time trial mode?
    The speed at which you're clearing corners sure looks like grip reduction is not set to realistic.

2. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

Time trial, reverse, CH tires, drift tab.
    The thing is that this track is much faster than any other. Besides, the narrow replays makes the speed feel different than other tracks.

You can try by yourself. It's a different style of drifting, indeed. But unrealistic? Nah.

3. bil coz

bil coz

Once again, you didn't read/understand what I said.

Rain does not "work" in Time Trial mode. Its even been shown that dry tyres lap faster than wet tyres.

If you want the real deal, do a custom race or a lobby and set grip reduction to realistic. Put CH tyres on and have fun.

Then come again and say rain is not a big deal, or my LSD is not rain friendly.

Lazy Liquid likes this.
  4. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

Will do. And i don´t doubt that might have changes for grip reduction as realistic (my standard in custom races in general), but at least in time trial (being the real deal or not) its very noticiable how the car behaves diferently in wet or dry areas in the same track. It´s tricky anyway.

EDIT:
    I had tested the car in grip reduction as realistic and i agree with you. The physics are slightly diferent. Even still, it isnt impossible to keep similar paces compared to standard grip reduction (maybe with gripier tires the diference shows more drasticaly, but at least for CH tires witch is slipery by itself, the diference and stability isn´t diferent).

Also, both modes you must deal with dry and wet parts from the tracks. For some reason, the realistic grip reduction mode doesn´t have a much higher gap between wet and dry, like i was expecting. So both modes will be nasty and trick, but the change in between them are not so much further. Maybe because the tires are wet in theory, i dont know.

Its important to say that Tokyo, compared to the drift section in RBR, have diferent style of driving... more speed, less angle, more power slides and less throttle feather.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    bil coz likes this.
  5. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

bil coz likes this.
  6. bil coz

bil coz

I don't know about Tokyo all I've tested so far is RedBull Ring with heavy rain and there it made a very big difference even with CH tyres. I didn't really think it would because just as you said, CH already have the least grip and I also thought theyre for regular cars to drive daily so they should do alright in the rain. But it might be that drifting and going to the supermarket are 2 different things.
    So yeah I'll try Tokyo when I'm back home in a week or so, but from the looks of it there's less water on the track?

7. bil coz

bil coz

great run I wish you'd play with us in the drift trial events.

Lazy Liquid likes this.
  8. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

That day when i tried to simulate the infamous 360 entry from Vaughn Gittin Jr at Nurburgring.

bil coz likes this.
  9. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

New clip. Loving the old new Hakosuka Mercedes-Benz.