Share your drift edits

• Thread starter Maty_Vip
  • 89 comments
Maybe your LSD isn´t friendly to wet enviroment. If you get neutral handling as possible, you´re doing fine. Tried Red Bull track too, can obtain massive angles there but still stable.
Is the video you posted not from time trial mode?
The speed at which you're clearing corners sure looks like grip reduction is not set to realistic.

Is the video you posted not from time trial mode?
The speed at which you're clearing corners sure looks like grip reduction is not set to realistic.

Time trial, reverse, CH tires, drift tab.
The thing is that this track is much faster than any other. Besides, the narrow replays makes the speed feel different than other tracks.

You can try by yourself. It's a different style of drifting, indeed. But unrealistic? Nah.

Time trial, reverse, CH tires, drift tab.
The thing is that this track is much faster than any other. Besides, the narrow replays makes the speed feel different than other tracks.

You can try by yourself. It's a different style of drifting, indeed. But unrealistic? Nah.

Once again, you didn't read/understand what I said.

Rain does not "work" in Time Trial mode. Its even been shown that dry tyres lap faster than wet tyres.

If you want the real deal, do a custom race or a lobby and set grip reduction to realistic. Put CH tyres on and have fun.

Then come again and say rain is not a big deal, or my LSD is not rain friendly.

Once again, you didn't read/understand what I said.

Rain does not "work" in Time Trial mode. Its even been shown that dry tyres lap faster than wet tyres.

If you want the real deal, do a custom race or a lobby and set grip reduction to realistic. Put CH tyres on and have fun.

Then come again and say rain is not a big deal, or my LSD is not rain friendly.

Will do. And i don´t doubt that might have changes for grip reduction as realistic (my standard in custom races in general), but at least in time trial (being the real deal or not) its very noticiable how the car behaves diferently in wet or dry areas in the same track. It´s tricky anyway.

EDIT:
I had tested the car in grip reduction as realistic and i agree with you. The physics are slightly diferent. Even still, it isnt impossible to keep similar paces compared to standard grip reduction (maybe with gripier tires the diference shows more drasticaly, but at least for CH tires witch is slipery by itself, the diference and stability isn´t diferent).

Also, both modes you must deal with dry and wet parts from the tracks. For some reason, the realistic grip reduction mode doesn´t have a much higher gap between wet and dry, like i was expecting. So both modes will be nasty and trick, but the change in between them are not so much further. Maybe because the tires are wet in theory, i dont know.

Its important to say that Tokyo, compared to the drift section in RBR, have diferent style of driving... more speed, less angle, more power slides and less throttle feather.

Last edited:
Will do. And i don´t doubt that might have changes for grip reduction as realistic (my standard in custom races in general), but at least in time trial (being the real deal or not) its very noticiable how the car behaves diferently in wet or dry areas in the same track. It´s tricky anyway.

EDIT:
I had tested the car in grip reduction as realistic and i agree with you. The physics are slightly diferent. Even still, it isnt impossible to keep similar paces compared to standard grip reduction (maybe with gripier tires the diference shows more drasticaly, but at least for CH tires witch is slipery by itself, the diference and stability isn´t diferent).

Also, both modes you must deal with dry and wet parts from the tracks. For some reason, the realistic grip reduction mode doesn´t have a much higher gap between wet and dry, like i was expecting. So both modes will be nasty and trick, but the change in between them are not so much further. Maybe because the tires are wet in theory, i dont know.

Its important to say that Tokyo, compared to the drift section in RBR, have diferent style of driving... more speed, less angle, more power slides and less throttle feather.
I don't know about Tokyo all I've tested so far is RedBull Ring with heavy rain and there it made a very big difference even with CH tyres. I didn't really think it would because just as you said, CH already have the least grip and I also thought theyre for regular cars to drive daily so they should do alright in the rain. But it might be that drifting and going to the supermarket are 2 different things.
So yeah I'll try Tokyo when I'm back home in a week or so, but from the looks of it there's less water on the track?

Hey guys, ive made a big move last month, ive bought the fanatec DD1 for playstation and after some racing, ive decided to get a fair shot at drifting again, im a drifter since GT3, always played on wheel, since there not a lot of drifting with that wheel anywhere, i tought ill share this with you, im still working on wheel setting since there a lot to do and a lot to learn with DD wheel, hope your gonna enjoy it, feel free to add comments on how to improve my video or what youll like to see more for that type of montage, thanks guys !!!

Hi everyone, ive made a lill video to show a livery that i made for GT Sport RX7 Amemiya FD3S, hope your gonna like it 😎🤟

I commented and subscribed on Youtube, but just wanted to emphasize that I really like this video and your content style in general. Awesome job, and I'd love to collaborate on a video any time.

Also as a fellow Toyota guy - nice signature too!

I commented and subscribed on Youtube, but just wanted to emphasize that I really like this video and your content style in general. Awesome job, and I'd love to collaborate on a video any time.

Also as a fellow Toyota guy - nice signature too!
Hey thanks buddy for such a nice cooment and subscribing to my stuff!! I can say the very same thing about your content too, ive subscribe to your channel!!

Ive been in the Gran Turismo drifting scene for quite a while, had to stop at some point, no cash, no time, no wheel, no pc, but hey, just got back, and id love to do a collab too, i was thinking about creating a server to shoot some stuff for youtube someday, no open lobby, just for a small group of drifter that we know, doing race replay for drift recording to get rid of players tag over the car afterwards.

Since ive start editing again, i really like to get a more cinematic vibe around everything, im just getting my base worked out now, since im learning premiere pro from scratch, i was working with sony vegas back in the days. Im trying to get a bigger crowd on my youtube channel too, but its not easy these days, im not sure if its the oversaturated content available on youtube that makes it harder compare to 10 years ago, or the lost of interest in sim drifting, but im struggling to get some views, haha.

But since im a long haul truck driver, im gone all week, so its tought to find time to do everything i want. I need to plan thing well in advance, and oh, still got no PC, haha, im borrowing my girlsfriend PC right now.

So let me know if your digging the cinematic video style i want to do in the future and we'll work something out for a collab some days for sure. Its nice to be back on GTPlanet forum, people are still very welcoming and passionate about their stuff, its nice to see.

have a good day mate !!!

Been a while here without any post!! Are you guys getting ready for GT7, get those reflex back!?

I did last week after a long time away from drifting, i tought ill share with you what came out of a little 15mins online practice session!!

Enjoy it, and keep it sideways!!! 😎🤟

Saw the GT7 Subaru Falken Tire/Turn 14 drift video a few days ago,
Just try it in GT SPORT, the vehicle settings are as follows
ROAD TAB
TC=0
CH tire
LSD initial torque = 60
LSD acceleration torque = 60
All other settings are default

It's really hard to keep the smoke unbroken while drifting.

Last edited:
Back