Sharing your knowledge on GT5 modifying capabilities

• Thread starter F40LM
  • 70 comments
Changing tire grip.
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Changing car names (only appears in garage).
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Removing bumbers, side skirts, spoilers (only if aeroparts available).
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Adding money by the hardway.
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

I will post more if i remember something more.

Changing tire grip.
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Changing car names (only appears in garage).
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Removing bumbers, side skirts, spoilers (only if aeroparts available).
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

Adding money by the hardway.
>Confirmed by Fazerfan.

I will post more if i remember something more.

Yup. But been done before. :P

I confirm raise and lower A Spec and B Spec Levels & revert back to where it was originally.

Raise em to enter a race or buy a high level car

I need help with wheels, paint, and spoilers

I can change rims through hex but only available options, I can change paint, but only dealership stock options. That was useful for making my white and green Formula GT Solid red, but thats as far as I got it to go.

Please PM a little help 👍

I also got adjustable rear diffs working in RWD converted cars, odd feeling 900hp and an 100% open diff.

Have to be the same car model maybe ? Try to body swap R32 GTR premium with R32 GTR N1 standard .. I haven't try it on same model, but I did successfully swap a honda S2000 body into a standard S30 Fairlady :crazy:

I wonder if swapping a 69 Z28 Camaro frame into the 69 Camaro SS would give the effect of a Premium Camaro SS.

fbccars924
I wonder if swapping a 69 Z28 Camaro frame into the 69 Camaro SS would give the effect of a Premium Camaro SS.

Should. Some how i had took the premium 2005 Evo9 and swapped the body and a couple other things onto the standard 2004 EVO8 MR GSR. It ended up keeping it in the standard car list and turned the standard with the premium body and somehow race modified it and it had the good old MR chassis.

This has probably been asked many times before... But I'd like to know if it would be possible to exchange sound samples for the exhaust between different cars in the game?

Jav
This has probably been asked many times before... But I'd like to know if it would be possible to exchange sound samples for the exhaust between different cars in the game?

Engine swap basically does that.

Engine swap basically does that.

Except for the odd ball combos like a SC LS9 into a Turbo Rotary. This leaves you with no sound out the pipe. You have to use additional coding to get the sound from the LS9 out the back of the RX-7. I finally got that working after finding the rpm and turbo boost gauge fix 👍

Oh yeah

OSD RPM from donor engine brought over to the new car, along with the OSD Boost Gauge, no more over-reving V8's lol I can also remove the boost gauge from a Turbo car that I put a NA or SC engine in.

Found the Turbo Size, bigger Turbo gives larger volume of air. I found turbos for low displacement engines choke up the bigger engines resulting in less speed with more horse power, get the turbo size right and you don't have to overdo the boost level, this is great when boosting a V8 you stuffed in something that had a small turbo engine originally.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice you no longer have to use lower grade exhaust systems to get that nice v8 sound? I remember GT4 running sports exhaust to get great sound but after switching around exhaust looking for the sound I want to grab, I notice the Titanium pipe gives the best sound, Nice!

I've been perfecting my swaps achieving identical fully modified numbers as the donor car takes more then just the engine lol

I put together a list in exel with all my swap data per engine.

LS9, LS6, LS3, LS1, L89, 427
The only pain is I gotta go through my hybrids to give them proper turbos, my Civette has the Civic stage 3 kit on, that's a joke compared to the turbo I got going on now lol oh and I might throw on a small supercharge at the same time to eliminate turbo lag n keep the boost on strong.

I have a question, is it possible to take the wheels from one car an put them on another?

I know:
How to change colors (I only know Default black, which isn't a problem considering it looks good)
How to make cars lower.
Give cars new engines.
New Transmissions.

I have a question, is it possible to take the wheels from one car an put them on another?

I know:
How to change colors (I only know Default black, which isn't a problem considering it looks good)
How to make cars lower.
Give cars new engines.
New Transmissions.

Not yet at least, Seems they have specific rims they allow on each car, I can switch rims inside whats available with HEX but I haven't been able to get rims not available to the car OR source any original wheels off a car to apply to another.

Im still working on it though, yah never know. I got resetting odometers working and nobody else seems to have that figured out yet so, give it time and maybe.

I also have been able to adjust the boost gauge. It has 2 variables. How high boost goes to and if and how far back boost pressure pulls back as rpm climb.

After turning up boost pressure on the engine, I wasn't satisfied until my gauge showed the new boost level.

That's a tough one.

In GTPSP we basically got DLC cars by using a dummy car and swapping over the car into it's dealership slot, this way when you bought the car you actually bought the special paint car. Problem with this is GTPSP used live game HEXing not savegame nodding, so I doubt the dealership slots are in the savegame.

Maybe possible to do the same trick with a garage slot, but someone with the cars would have to source the card I'd.

That or the paint scheme (if that's all that differs) can be applied to the regular moldle.

About raising/lowering A-SPEC/B-SPEC level, there is a tool available online that let's you do that and some other stuff too. I tried it, and I am confirming that it works. I can't post any links though, so you guys will have to find it yourself.

Last edited:
Oh,

And yes that secret menu does exist. I tried it. Interesting stuff, including removing/adding icons on the main menu, using DLC tracks/cars without owning them (arcade mode only) and some other things.

I've successfully Built all the DLC Cars, including Chrome Line, Stealth, and Academy Cars

Ahrweiler-TownSquare_zpse15df15a.jpg

I also have access to the secrete menu, post up pics r something soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back