• 70 comments

F40LM

http://www.twitter.com/GTAAFK
Premium
United Kingdom
England
FordLM
F40LM
I only want to understand what can be done from anyone that we know of.
I will do my best to find out if it can really be done or not.

This thread is only for collecting information, NOT how to mod.
Talking about how to mod may result in this thread being temporarily locked and you may get a warning so if you do want to talk about how to mod, take it some place where GTPlanet is not involved.

This information may not be correct, but that is for me to find out if I can.

Gran Turismo 5 is capable of the following things with hacks -
01. Reduce/Raise Car Height ✓ Confirmed by myself

02. Reduce/Raise BHP/Power ✓ Confirmed by myself

03. Reduce/Raise Weight

04. Editing Drivetrain ( RR, FR, MR and 4WD) ✓ Confirmed by myself

05. Editing Paintwork ✓ Confirmed by myself

06. Take advantage of PP system to earn highest currency limit in Online Seasonals ONLY ✓ Confirmed by myself

07. Reach speeds of up to 999 MPH ✓ Confirmed by multiple members

08. Chassis Swap ✓ Confirmed by myself

09. Engine Swaps ✓ Confirmed by myself

10. Reduce/Raise A-SPEC/B-SPEC LEVELS

11. Gaining Trophies ✓ Confirmed by myself - Seen video proof

12. Use tyres that were deleted from the game. e.g Sports - Super Soft ✓ Confirmed by myself

Gran Turismo 5 may not be capable of the following things with hacks -

01. Changing stock wheels with hacks

02. Taking pictures with standard cars in photomode.

03. Change Category of cars e.g Race car > Road car, Ferrari > Lamborghini etc

No explanations on how it can be done, only what can be done and can't be done please.
This is about knowing what has been done and trying to get it can be confirmed that it is possible.

OLD THREAD - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275297

Last edited:
Nice list. I'm going to have to see if I can beat your 931 record. I think I have....

By the way, you can move your own thread with an option under the "Thread Tools" in the top right of your topic. ;)

Nice list. I'm going to have to see if I can beat your 931 record. I think I have....

By the way, you can move your own thread with an option under the "Thread Tools" in the top right of your topic. ;)

I know but I don't like that it moves all the other posts in it.

I know a couple of value camber suspension spring downforce barke ballast dgl final gear but i cant find the drive train( make a fwd come to 4wd ) someone can help me thanks

Funzy181
I know a couple of value camber suspension spring downforce barke ballast dgl final gear but i cant find the drive train( make a fwd come to 4wd ) someone can help me thanks

Well cannot do that. Any discussion of the HOW-TO to do this is against the AUP

The mythical super soft sports tires are not a myth - nor are the (C) and (V) tires (which every tire has a variant of - even dirt and snow tires). Also have super soft comforts and slicks. They don't seem that different from each other - although apparently (C) is cornering and (V) is velocity (drag slicks).

Edit: There's also a heavy rain tire. Oh the times I could've used those...

Last edited:
I do a GT planet Ferrari F1 championship, and am concerned about how cheating could be started. Does anybody know if setting the weight/power limit will stop cheating? Could they still change things like drive train, ride height, etc?

I do a GT planet Ferrari F1 championship, and am concerned about how cheating could be started. Does anybody know if setting the weight/power limit will stop cheating? Could they still change things like drive train, ride height, etc?

Drivetrain swaps could be done, sure, but it'd be of limited use since the Ferrari F1's are already ideal (and a 4WD would be very easy to spot). Limiting weight could help. Power less so, since you have to account for engine run-in, and hypothetically, someone could use the power multiplier to bump the engine's output (and torque), only to then use the in-game engine limiter to move it back to the normal power level, while keeping the bonus torque.

Ride height and downforce would be the two major things I could see being issues.

You need to cross check hp and weight with PP.

If someone cheats with very high power or very low weight, the hp and weight regs should catch them easily. If they're more subtle about it you might have to try to look for someone that is underpowered at a given PP.

Downforce should affect PP, although I am not sure if it does. I don't think you can do anything about ride height except maybe saving the replay and looking for suspicious cars. The replay is also another way to find overpowered cars.

Thing I can confirm working...
-Trophies
-999mph+ (game shows only 999, but lap record on SSRX of 45 seconds, proves mathematically to be fast as heck.)
-Ride Ht
-Money
-A/B spec levels
-Tires...Super soft etc...
**currently looking into the possibility of adding multiplied battery boost from a hybrid car

psn...Modded_Hero/Bob876876etc...

You need to cross check hp and weight with PP.

If someone cheats with very high power or very low weight, the hp and weight regs should catch them easily. If they're more subtle about it you might have to try to look for someone that is underpowered at a given PP.
I hope its this way, however I keep hearing about negative PP cars, and PP being reduced with the hybrids, how would this apply to a lobby I wonder?

I was in a room with a Jag race car with over 60k hp, the host changed the requirements to a lower hp/pp, and I was left in the room. Also this same car only has 589pp. so cheating would be possible but the tale to that would have to be the smoke from the tires, from what I've managed to witness 0.o

I hope its this way, however I keep hearing about negative PP cars, and PP being reduced with the hybrids, how would this apply to a lobby I wonder?

This only seems to happen with huge hp numbers, so the hp regulation should be able to deal with these cars.

Basically, set up your lobby for PP, then have everyone go on track and switch to regulation to a very high hp number. If someone drops out, they're probably using a modded car.

I was able to go 999mph on Route X in a Red Bull, although I think I was going faster than that and the speedo cuts out at 999mph.

Thing I can confirm working...
-Trophies
-999mph+ (game shows only 999, but lap record on SSRX of 45 seconds, proves mathematically to be fast as heck.)
-Ride Ht
-Money
-A/B spec levels
-Tires...Super soft etc...
**currently looking into the possibility of adding multiplied battery boost from a hybrid car

psn...Modded_Hero/Bob876876etc...

If this works can you see if you can add Hybrid boost to other cars? I need it for a car I'm working on.

I think front and rear downforce can be added to some cars without resorting to a chassis swap. However the car I tried it with just ended up with extremely heavy steering. In the right hands it could work.

If you put a road car body on a racecar chassis you can get extra downforce by adding a GTAuto wing on top of the racecar's downforce.

F40LM

Talking about how to mod may result in this thread being temporarily locked and you may get a warning so if you do want to talk about how to mod, take it some place where GTPlanet is not involved.

No explanations on how it can be done, only what can be done and can't be done please.
This is about knowing what has been done and trying to get it can be confirmed that it is possible.

You can raise the ASpec level it worked it fine for me, and its hexed.

03. - Yes, seen it been done.
11. - Yes, done it myself.

Reduce/Raise A-SPEC/B-SPEC LEVELS - is possible and already done.
Reduce/Raise Weight - also possible and done it is the same method as the bhp multiplier.

Any confirmation on being able to swap wheels from other cars? (e.g: Mercedes wheels on a Golf)

According to informed sources these specs are "adjustable".

03. Reduce/Raise Weight

10. Reduce/Raise A-SPEC/B-SPEC LEVELS

As already stated before. I guess it`s REALLY time to update OP... :rolleyes:

Possible to make a car to have 0 kg weight and twin charging - supercharger + turbocharger, the only downside, the engine sound will be gone, with only the turbo and supercharger noise, looks like PD did not allow more than 2 sound sample in a car :)

Last edited:
Back