Shell out $500 to play GT7?

• Thread starter Zerran
  • 179 comments
Same could be said for any next-gen console game. You (okay, I) buy the console not just for one game, but for many games that will span hopefully 8+ years to come. The sooner I buy a PS5 (at launch), the more value I get out of the console.

EDIT: Not to mention at minimum a good library of PS4 compatible games, so you can extend the life of those games too so to speak. 👍

Jerome

Last edited:
Does anyone think it's a bit odd that you have to shell out $500 to play GT7?
No. That's how games work: you need to buy the hardware to play it on. That works whether it's on your PS4, or PC, or phone - can't play the game unless you spent the money on the hardware.

We've not had a confirmed console price yet, for reference.

Not to mention, $60 for the game?
Again, you need to actually buy the game to play the game.

No, because that's been the case for many years now. New games eventually come out for new systems and thus you have to buy the system for the game.

No, because that's been the case for many years now. New games eventually come out for new systems and thus you have to buy the system for the game.
To add to my original comment. The real question is whether or not you think it's worth buying a new console for GT7.
For me, as much as I love this series; I wouldn't buy a console souley for GT. There has to be other games coming out for it to justify the purchase. Luckily, there are 2 other games announced for the PS5 that I want, so I'm surely getting it.

But you don't just buy the console for one game do you? You pay $500 to access the entire game library, not just GT7.

$500 is cheap if you want to do online Sim Racing. There are people out there spending $800 for a T-GT wheel set up so they can use all the support given By GTS and Thrusthmaster. I do not think there is any game that you have in your library That has the extra cost factor that’s makes it feel more real. By the way in my house I don’t have a Game Room I have a Racing Room , guess you can tell what in my PS4 Pro library and soon to be PS5.

500 for a console and 60 for a game that can last you 7 years.

That's 80$ of entertainment a year.

You spend more than that on a night out once in a while, which makes the console + GT cheap as dirt almost in the long run.

500 for a console and 60 for a game that can last you 7 years.

That's 80$ of entertainment a year.

You spend more than that on a night out once in a while, which makes the console + GT cheap as dirt almost in the long run.

Indeed. I'd find it more odd (read: moronic) if they repeated their GT6 decision and launched the game on what would effectively be previous generation hardware.

Last edited:
Does anyone think it's a bit odd that you have to shell out $500 to play GT7? Not to mention, $60 for the game?

Personally I think it's a bloody outrage.

My parents spent £150 on a Commodore 64 for me in 1990, and we fully expected every developer to support the system for the duration of my life time at the very least. Clearly Kazunori is a buffoon, too incompetent to make his pet project fit on a 150kb tape, and too lazy to optimize if for 65,536 bytes of RAM. The whole thing is clearly nothing but a plan to rinse as much money out of poor, defenceless gamers, decade after decade. It's bad enough that they waste time on 60fps, I mean, CRT's don't even support it! They should be busy getting Moon over the Castle to work with the MOS Technology 6581 SID Chip... Wasting time generating these almost photo realistic graphics is nothing but an attempt at planned obsolescence.. the charlatans! Odd? I'm bloomin' furious.

Anyhow, I have e-mailed Polyphony digital with a copy of a receipt for Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road Racing, purchased from my local games store in 1990, I trust and expect that will be sufficient to claim a copy of GT7 for free. They'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to fleece this loyal customer.

edit: PD have just responded to my e-mail. Seems they're denying all responsibility for continuing free support for a game I had 30 years ago. Nothing but excuses. That's it, I'm going make my own racing game in the Shoot'em up construction kit. That'll show 'em.

My parents spent £150 on a Commodore 64 for me in 1990, and we fully expected every developer to support the system for the duration of my life time at the very least. Clearly Kazunori is a buffoon, too incompetent to make his pet project fit on a 150kb tape, and too lazy to optimize if for 65,536 bytes of RAM. The whole thing is clearly nothing but a plan to rinse as much money out of poor, defenceless gamers, decade after decade. It's bad enough that they waste time on 60fps, I mean, CRT's don't even support it! They should be busy getting Moon over the Castle to work with the MOS Technology 6581 SID Chip... Wasting time generating these almost photo realistic graphics is nothing but an attempt at planned obsolescence.. the charlatans! Odd? I'm bloomin' furious.

Anyhow, I have e-mailed Polyphony digital with a copy of a receipt for Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road Racing, purchased from my local games store in 1990, I trust and expect that will be sufficient to claim a copy of GT7 for free. They'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to fleece this loyal customer.

edit: PD have just responded to my e-mail. Seems they're denying all responsibility for continuing free support for a game I had 30 years ago. Nothing but excuses. That's it, I'm going make my own racing game in the Shoot'em up construction kit. That'll show 'em.
I think you should denounce them.

Emailed? Surely you mean you faxed them?

Emailed? Surely you mean you faxed them?

I managed to convince a salesperson to issue me with one of these highly valuable and much sought after software packages in exchange for my fax machine.

upload_2020-6-23_10-34-13.jpeg

This sales person knows the meaning of keeping customers happy.

I managed to convince a salesperson to issue me with one of these highly valuable and much sought after software packages in exchange for my fax machine.

View attachment 933442

This sales person knows the meaning of keeping customers happy.

Very nice of them. I have the email address for America Online if you want it, I presume you'll be wanting to contact them to enquire about further free hours. Paying for internet after they've given you the first 50 hours for free seems like straight up fraud.

feel bad for guys on pc they have to buy new graphics cards to play a new game, some of them have to spend close to a thousand
Even if you're joking this is the type of comment that makes people believe that PC gaming is something ridiculously expensive and out of reach.
A $500 build from 5 years ago is still capable of gaming today just fine and even better than the current gen consoles. If you're dumping a grand on a gpu that puppy will most likely last you a whole decade.
People who spend absurd amounts in PC gaming are doing it because they're enthusiasts and wanna have the latest and best parts out there, it's not something you gotta do to have a good gaming experience.

Even if you're joking this is the type of comment that makes people believe that PC gaming is something ridiculously expensive and out of reach.
A $500 build from 5 years ago is still capable of gaming today just fine and even better than the current gen consoles. If you're dumping a grand on a gpu that puppy will most likely last you a whole decade.
People who spend absurd amounts in PC gaming are doing it because they're enthusiasts and wanna have the latest and best parts out there, it's not something you gotta do to have a good gaming experience.

My $1000 computer from 2011 is still working just fine, having spent probably $500 extra on it over the last 9 years on extra RAM, a nicer graphics card and a new power supply when the old one went west.

PC gaming is so expensive, please send help.

Personally, I spent the money that I would have used to buy a PS4 on my PC (and Steam sales...) instead this generation, and I don't regret it. I am looking forward to getting a backwards compatible PS5 though and catching up on all the great exclusives I haven't gotten around to playing.

Who wouldve thought that you have to buy a console to play games on it

The console made Online Sim Racing affordable It’s not just a game it’s a real life like Simulator on racing . Now I am guessing that if you are reading this and responding that you like simulator racing games more then others in your PS4 library .

Does anyone think it's a bit odd that you have to shell out $500 to play GT7? Not to mention, $60 for the game?
Buy two and you’ll very likely make a $250 profit selling one. These things will be like gold dust.

Man, I bought my PS3 and PS4 specifically to play Gran Turismo - the only other game I have for either system is DIRT Rally 2.0 on PS4.
Did similar for Forza/Horizon games,don't have many other titles for the 360/XB1 so glad that its PC playable now.

The console made Online Sim Racing affordable It’s not just a game it’s a real life like Simulator on racing . Now I am guessing that if you are reading this and responding that you like simulator racing games more then others in your PS4 library .
It's a game.

They're all games.

Getting into PC simracing can be super cheap as well, like I'm on a $400 PC and an ancient Logitech G25.

Let’s face It cheap, crazy money, and affordable is what having fun is all about in Sim racing . The funny thing is if you go With a PC you might have to deal with a third party call Steam, now I will not say anything bad but why! Console you have Sony or Microsoft and the game or sim maker. Simple is always better when it come down to cost.

Back