Shift 2 Unleashed "Legends Pack"

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 386 comments
Thanks for the videos. I'm on my PS3 browser at the moment, so YouTube doesn't work very well. 👍

just wondering.. can you run modern cars on legend tracks?

You can't use modern cars for the 'Legends' events, of course. But the tracks can be selected as locations for quick races, so you can run any car you want on them. You can use the Legend cars on the modern tracks as well, of course.

You can't use modern cars for the 'Legends' events, of course. But the tracks can be selected as locations for quick races, so you can run any car you want on them. You can use the Legend cars on the modern tracks as well, of course.

:tup:thanks

You can't use modern cars for the 'Legends' events, of course. But the tracks can be selected as locations for quick races
so you can run any car you want on them. You can use the Legend cars on the modern tracks as well, of course
It just gets better and better! :D I'm really getting twitchy wanting this dlc :lol:

Well, I could tell you guys how awesome this DLC is and all that, but... Let's just say that MS is probably laughing their arses off :lol:

No, seriously, it sucks big time for erveryone who was looking forwardd to the DLC.
I gotta say, though, there's one thing that's somewhat bothering me. The cars seem to be generally inferior to modern cars with the same performance rating.

I highly doubt that. They're not totally off, and, well, there wasn't some sort of strange performance index 'back in the day'. Much like RWD cars seem to be inferior to AWD, the legends just seem to be inferior to modern stuff.

I guess it's a bug/mistake/whatever in the way the performance index is calculated.

i just read that the store won't be up until the end of May... and hacker are planning another attack in this week end. While the psn should be up at the end of the week. However i think it's clear we won't get the dlc for a long time.

If I ever get one of those b:censored: a:censored: hacker motherf:censored:ers in my hands I will make them pay for every single minute I ll have to wait for the Legends Pack.

Seriously what is the problem of those dumbf:censored:s?!? Need to prove to everybody how big your virtual weener is?!

:grumpy:

Luminis, I was just speculating. I meant they could have adapted (somehow) or simply put values for each car and then the game engine crunch them (more likely)

I think it's just a calculated number, based on power/weight ratio and whatnot. Seems like there's something amiss, though. AWD seems to not be considered, and quite a few other things as well...

Luminis, I was just speculating. I meant they could have adapted (somehow) or simply put values for each car and then the game engine crunch them (more likely)

I think it's just a calculated number, based on power/weight ratio and whatnot. Seems like there's something amiss, though. AWD seems to not be considered, and quite a few other things as well...

Maybe they're modeled as if they're running on period (ie treaded) race tyres - that would certainly make them considerably slower than a modern car with similar p/w ratios.

Maybe they're modeled as if they're running on period (ie treaded) race tyres - that would certainly make them considerably slower than a modern car with similar p/w ratios.

Yeah, it would probably make sense. If they didn't keeo that in mind while programming the performance index, of course.

Really wish there was a way to buy the DLC direct from EA, and install to PS3 via USB stick.
I am sure EA is frustrated as well with a large segment of their customer base unable to purchase the DLC because of PSN outage.

I've been loving this DLC. I did not totally keep up with the news but just to let you guys know that the new cars cannot be cosmetically modded such as bodykits and cockpits. You can still get new wheels, racing tires, and custom liveries of course. Only the old Skyline can be modded well since it was in the first Shift.

I did not see anyone that mentioned this before so I thought I should. I am a bit disappointed by the lack of cosmetic mods.

I bought Shift2 on PS3 first but traded it in for Xbox just to get my hands on the Legends pack. I have to say the game plays and looks superior on the Xbox. Hockenhiem 1982 is worth it alone, but the other tracks and classic cars make this the best 800 points i've spent. the new Legends career branch it creates is compelling gaming. FANTASTIC!

I've been loving this DLC. I did not totally keep up with the news but just to let you guys know that the new cars cannot be cosmetically modded such as bodykits and cockpits. You can still get new wheels, racing tires, and custom liveries of course. Only the old Skyline can be modded well since it was in the first Shift.

I did not see anyone that mentioned this before so I thought I should. I am a bit disappointed by the lack of cosmetic mods.

Only the Skyline? Kind of a bummer, but I think a lot of the cars in the pack are already in their racing-style body. Do they all still have at least 4 or so racing liveries? I've only seen each of the cars in 1 race livery.

freedomweasel
Only the Skyline? Kind of a bummer, but I think a lot of the cars in the pack are already in their racing-style body. Do they all still have at least 4 or so racing liveries? I've only seen each of the cars in 1 race livery.

Yes, there are 4-5 nice racing liveries for each car in the legends pack.

I can't wait until PSN becomes available so I can get this DLC. Though, what I am really waiting for is the 1/4 mile and 1 mile drag racing packs.

Yes it is only the Skyline. Luckily the cars do have that prepped for racing look. I was really looking forward to monsterizing the mini cooper =(

Last edited:
Back