Shift 2 Unleashed "Legends Pack"

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 386 comments
A few more pics from the Xbox to keep the PSN guys busy until 5/31...yes 5/31...which is the latest rumor for the date PSN will be back!

BTW - the Legend's events are cool. Best fun event is the 10 lap MINI Cooper only race around the Hazyview 8 track at night. It is easy to get in the lead, but on each lap the cross traffic gets closer and closer...!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really can't wait for the PSN to come back online. The Xbox pictures come out horrible, hopefully PS3 pictures didn't suffer the same fate post patch 1.02. All these pictures have been brightened up just to be able to see the cars!

My new favorite car is the Alfa!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They'll have to put some pretty darn good cars into it to convince me to get it. Drag racing is just as boring as drifting to me...

Best fun event is the 10 lap MINI Cooper only race around the Hazyview 8 track at night. It is easy to get in the lead, but on each lap the cross traffic gets closer and closer...!

Mine glitched on that the first time I ran the event and I was the only car on the track. Made the win rather easy.

:)

Scaff

Eunos_Cosmo
Still no Mazda RX-3 or first gen RX-7. What ********.

Are you unhappy with the content?

Very good car and track selection in my book.
Good thing about DLC is that you can take it or leave it.

Are you unhappy with the content?

Very good car and track selection in my book.
+1

The track and car selection for both the main game and the DLC is pretty much top notch...

But they can't feature every niche car there ever was. I'm pretty happy with what the game has to offer.

Damn, can't wait, classic tracks and cars to boot,psn please get up and running soon. would love to race an open wheel around those tracks..what a rush

Charles

I would take some classic rotary love over a Mini Cooper everyday, but seriously, these cars have already been in Ian Bells suitcase for some game generations, so why not recycling them ;-)

I am really looking forward to the Porsches and the Skyline, since the patch fixed the handling issues nicely.

I hope, more DLCs are in the works and we will see more real tracks (without ridiculous NFS branding) and cars in the near future.

I follow the FM3 blog silently and have to say, that either SMS and Polyphony Digital can learn A LOT from FM3 marketing.
The FM3 community and touch of the programmers is soo much closer.
A twitter from Mr. K is not enough.

I wish, the Shift series get's a serious following and a fixed place among the other big two console racing brands.
Especially with the roots of the makers and the feel of Shift 2, this has a lot of potential.
I wish too, that the console version of shift could get an open method of skinning cars, as on the PC, to provide the fans real liveries.

My guess is that this is the last Shift we get. maybe they will do another sim like game with SMS but I doubt it will be called Shift. The Need for Speed series never had more than two titles with the same name.

You know the thing that pisses me off with the legends pack, is that the tuesday they released it, the PSN went down. I added money to my account on release day, the same day I took the game home. I have been waiting on this dlc. But what can we do besides wait it out. Eventually we that want it will get it. But for now, they are missing out on money every day that the system is down.

The funny thing about he PSN being down is that GT5 is severely crippled. With the lack of offline content, I am positive everyone with GT5 is finally seeing how awful the game is with its content. Every person that ditched their copy of Shift 2 to go back to GT5 will come back to S2U eventually. Once the patch is global, even more GT fans will switch, I know i did. The patches are great and really make S2U shine.

Last edited:
+1

The track and car selection for both the main game and the DLC is pretty much top notch...

But they can't feature every niche car there ever was. I'm pretty happy with what the game has to offer.

Thats great and all but the OP said nothing about the quality of the content.....

This pack looks good to me and will get it the day PSN reboots.

The funny thing about he PSN being down is that GT5 is severely crippled. With the lack of offline content, I am positive everyone with GT5 is finally seeing how awful the game is with its content. Every person that ditched their copy of Shift to go back to GT5 will come back to S2U eventually. Once the patch is global, even more GT fans will switch. The patches are great and really make S2U shine.

Indeed. I'm really hoping Shift 2 will eventually end up being successful enough to convince EA to turn it into a franchise of its own - separate from NfS. Because the way things are going, the next Shifts could rival GT in so many aspects. 👍

…

The funny thing about he PSN being down is that GT5 is severely crippled. With the lack of offline content, I am positive everyone with GT5 is finally seeing how awful the game is with its content. Every person that ditched their copy of Shift to go back to GT5 will come back to S2U eventually. Once the patch is global, even more GT fans will switch. The patches are great and really make S2U shine.

For me, actually the opposite happened.
I had not touched GT5 for a while, when I got S2U.
I tried, to make S2U work before the 1.02 patch and somehow got along the awful handling, as I loved the impression of the game, the cars and the tracks.

When I received a racing seat a few days after I got S2U for the PS3, I saw, that S2U before the patch was not worth my time with racing with a wheel.
I started up GT5 and immediately fell back in love with GT5.
Force feedback is great in GT5.
When limiting yourself to just the sports tires, it has a very rewarding racing experience too.

When the 1.02 patch was released for S2U, I started it up, installed the patch and raced a few 20 lap races.
Only then was it, that I realized, how bad the lower resolution graphic of the tracks actually look, having switched directly from GT5 to S2U.

All other effects, the much bigger field and the tracks though look fantastic in S2U (apart from the resolution issue).

S2U made me enjoy GT5 again and I do a lot of hot lapping and testing in GT5.
The Nordschleife in GT5 is absolutely unreached by any other simulator so far - by far the best experience.

As soon, as the DLC is available, I will pick it up. Should I upgrade my current MBP to a newer model, I might install Windows again, just to pick up S2U for PC (why can't there be a Mac version?).

Thats great and all but the OP said nothing about the quality of the content.....

Ahem...

Still no Mazda RX-3 or first gen RX-7. What ********.

+1

Who's talking about the OP?

When the 1.02 patch was released for S2U, I started it up, installed the patch and raced a few 20 lap races.
Only then was it, that I realized, how bad the lower resolution graphic of the tracks actually look, having switched directly from GT5 to S2U.

All other effects, the much bigger field and the tracks though look fantastic in S2U (apart from the resolution issue).

For me, Shift 2 has the better graphics. Not sure if its my LCD or just my likes but Shift 2 looks better IMO. To test this, I pulled out my retired copy of GT5 and raced on Susuka a few laps, went over to Shift 2 and did the same. The graphics were more rich in color and not softened. I remember back in the late 90s when I was in high school I went to go get my first pair of contacts. Before I went in my vision was blurred and softend(GT5). When I left the world just seem to come alive for me. I could see detail and the richness in color again. It was great.(Shift 2).

Now that I am use to Shift, the cars are not far from the Premiums of GT. A over rated stat for GT5. The main detail is the cockpit view for the premiums. In shift the cockpit view itself is better that GT5 and its a pretty descent cockpit for game play as well. You don't race looking at the interior, you race looking out from the interior. I can care less if I see seat etching or the back seat or any other overdone detail. If I did I would not be racing and I would end up in a wall with a half damaged car that is still drivable. I will take the level of detail Shift 2 has with all it can do over GT5 anyday.

You don't race looking at the interior, you race looking out from the interior. I can care less if I see seat etching or the back seat or any other overdone detail. If I did I would not be racing and I would end up in a wall with a half damaged car that is still drivable. I will take the level of detail Shift 2 has with all it can do over GT5 anyday.

See, for me, as nice as the premiums are, I just can't figure out why they are treated as such a big deal. It's as if they made a first person shooter and listed its killer feature as being - "the highest poly model of the end of your player character's nose ever!". If I'm in the cockpit, I have a good couple of metres away from any of those models - and when it comes to actually racing you're not actually going to see that stuff. Maybe some people really like driving beside another car and looking out their side window or something. I think it's a great showroom feature but as far as relevence to gameplay goes, I can think of a few other things I would spend the PS3's resources on first.

Back