Shoes for sim racing

• Thread starter Paul Tracy
  • 45 comments
Hi , if you watch the video and the boots that the guy has on and try and turn your eyes away from the girl in yellow .:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-BowDSEc0&p=9B5042407666FA9C&playnext=1&index=4

I think they are slip ons, almost like a sock with some sole.. Theyre nice though.. Now flame me all you want but i bought mines at payless for $20.. Theyre not official racing shoes but theyre characteristics are practically the same.. The sole is thin to the front, thicker towards the heel, and the material of the shoe itself is pretty thin and breatheable.. If you'd like to take a look at them just check my profile in the Misc. album...

Last edited:
<3 Jessica Lopez haha She better never leave ISR!!

You can always go fansy with DC's shoes ^_- I might get one of them, not sure which, here they are.
pDCS1-7803151v485x465.jpg

pDCS1-6401989v485x465.jpg

pDCS1-7211369v485x465.jpg

pDCS1-6403372v485x465.jpg

pDCS1-6402216v485x465.jpg

Last edited:
@ grafpt - them soles are too damn thick.. They for heavy duty racing.. Except the yellow ones, theyre reasonable.. Gots to feel the pedal bro..

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dark secret of "kitting up" for sim racing.

I have some leather, driving shoe slip-ons that are parked next to my WheelStand Pro.
You know the type, they were very fashionable about 10 years ago for certain type of douche.

Found them in the back of my closet, maybe you have an embarrassing fashion-history too? Go on, have a look.

-Kaffeine
web.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dark secret of "kitting up" for sim racing.

I have some leather, driving shoe slip-ons that are parked next to my WheelStand Pro.
You know the type, they were very fashionable about 10 years ago for certain type of douche.

Found them in the back of my closet, maybe you have an embarrassing fashion-history too? Go on, have a look.

-Kaffeine

I guess i will have to improvise 💡, but the ones in the video were real cool and too bad the sim boot wed site is not up .

Whats up with that ?

@ grafpt - them soles are too damn thick.. They for heavy duty racing.. Except the yellow ones, theyre reasonable.. Gots to feel the pedal bro..

The first ones look it, but its just teh "look" I read article when they came out, and their almost the same as the blue ones just visually ment to look like skate shoes. I not a huge fan of them, but i like the idea of people stepping outside the norm, lets face it, 90% of all race shoes look the same lol they are legal in most race series as well. Would just be personal opinion. I personally like the Pro Spec v1.0 black ones, but not gonna spend $200 on shoes for sim racing haha It would be nice if the yellow ones came in more colors.

Was SimBoot open before and they have new website? Because they were in that ISR video from a year ago.....

I just wear my pumas. Work just as fine as when I use them for spirited driving. Better than paying $100+ for Alpinestars that you'll use to race games. :odd:

i like to use indoor soccer shoes for racing. They tend to be very thin at the toe with a thicker heel. Also, the heel is usually smooth which makes movement easier.

pisa2

I just use these, they are super soft, and quite slim. They are my everyday shoes and they happen to be good for GT.

Edit: That Picture I found is really weird, they are much shorter (not as tall). They look more flat in real life. ^ Those ones are just stuffed.

For me, the simple solution was water booties, the same kind I use for kayaking. They're slim, slip-on and low - about ankle-high. They have breathable uppers and a very grippy sole, perfect for not slipping on the pedals.

Much grippier and slimmer than street shoes and inexpensive; about US$15 or so. I used new ones, so they don't stink of saltwater and seaweed. :sly:

Socks here, perfect for delicate throttle control, just sliding on the peddle.

Never had any problems of slipping when braking either.

For me, the simple solution was water booties, the same kind I use for kayaking. They're slim, slip-on and low - about ankle-high. They have breathable uppers and a very grippy sole, perfect for not slipping on the pedals.

Much grippier and slimmer than street shoes and inexpensive; about US$15 or so. I used new ones, so they don't stink of saltwater and seaweed. :sly:

Thats a great freakin idea ................i have a set of those .👍

Just saved myself some money

Thanks

I used them and they work great ,im soooo happy.

Last edited:
ill use my karting shoes, when i actually build a wheelstand. They are MiR and cost £40. Try and get some cheap used ones from ebay?

2327_both_081506_400x400.jpg

Most of them aren't bad looking too and with this one you can literally use your toes. :sly:

glove-shoes.jpg

Hey guys,

Figured I'd throw my hat into the ring on this one....

Found this online and it has helped my sim-racing career by leaps and bounds....cheap, too!!

mr_gasket_9645.jpg

Latest Posts

Back