Should GT6 Dlc be free?

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 93 comments

Should GT6 Downloadable Content be free?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Castrol96

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Southampton, UK
Because GT6 has a disappointing 124 new cars and only 8 new tracks where only 3 are original, 1 is classic, 6 in real life and no new rally or city tracks. PD said there will be dlc every month so I though if we are getting limited tracks and cars for a 3 year wait, why should we pay for Dlc?!. Were gonna pay £45 for this and were barely gonna get anything out of it, making us pay more will be a rip off. If there is a thread already like this delete me.

DLC might be free, new cars are added when the game is updated directly to the dealership...

After the release of Gran Turismo 5, over 30 cars were released as both free-of-charge or paid DLC. From the Corvette C7 Test Prototype, to the Scion FR-S, to the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 and to the Red Bull X2011 Prototype, the hottest new cars were added to the line-up and made available to everyone via download from the PlayStation®Store.

Gran Turismo 6 will contain approximately 1200 cars at time of release, and more and more cars are planned to be added thereafter. Unlike the previous title, the added cars will appear directly in the dealerships after an update, and will be available to purchase in game. You will be able to enjoy driving the newest cars right after they are released in the market.

Because GT6 has a disappointing 124 new cars and only 8 new tracks where only 3 are original, 1 is classic, 6 in real life and no new rally or city tracks. PD said there will be dlc every month so I though if we are getting limited tracks and cars for a 3 year wait, why should we pay for Dlc?!. Were gonna pay £45 for this and were barely gonna get anything out of it, making us pay more will be a rip off. If there is a thread already like this delete me.
Not the final list some cars are missing like the nsx 2015 and the deltawing and it say it on the page.
This list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change.

Vanilla GT6 includes 8 locations, which can reach 20 variants, and more than 120 new cars. Even without taking into account the legacy of previous games, that are more cars and tracks that Forza Motorsport 5 full catalog.

Not to mention that Polyphony has updated other circuits with day-night cycles and variable meteorology and that a future update will include a circuit creator where you can even recreate any actual track with a GPS application, a feature that can radically change the world of racing gaming allowing users to easily share the layouts of their local circuits.

Is that a disappointment?

Vanilla GT6 includes 8 locations, which can reach 20 variants, and more than 120 new cars. Even without taking into account the legacy of previous games, that are more cars and tracks that Forza Motorsport 5 full catalog.

Not to mention that Polyphony has updated other circuits with day-night cycles and variable meteorology and that a future update will include a circuit creator where you can even recreate any actual track with a GPS application, a feature that can radically change the world of racing gaming allowing users to easily share the layouts of their local circuits.

Is that a disappointment?
And not to forget the 20+ Gran Turismo Vision cars

The Forza series does the same and in a quite successful manner.

Just like its fans, I have no problem paying for DLC if it is of great quality and of great quantity. They had 10 'unique' new cars a month for quite a while (no duplicates, no same names or from base content), with a huge variety in terms of picks, including one month in which it was 30 Porsches. Would gladly pay for that.

Lets say the first pack consists of three classic GT tracks and six highly requested cars, including Seattle and the E30, for $15. That's a must buy.

Last edited:
The thread you are looking for is righ there:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

To this point we should all be used to the bad habits of developers of not releasing everything into the game on launch. To be honest, I don't care anymore. I just want the cars that I know should be in the game.

I have no problems with having a new basic trim Vitz or an old Renault. I love all cars. But having those and not an E36 or E30 M3? That is a bit disappointing considering how historic those cars are. I don't care for paid or free DLC as long as they offer those cars (and others) eventually.

Of course, free promotional DLC like the C7 and the production Toyota 86 in GT5 are always welcome.

I'm happy to pay for DLC as long as it's good and relevant to me. I'll buy all track DLCs simply because then there will be more places to drive and race in. And car DLCs I'll buy too depending on what cars. If it's racing cars then I usually pass and if it's street cars I usually buy even if I don't really like the cars.

I have to vote yes and no, some should be free and some should be paid.

If memory serves each release of Forza offers less new stuff than what we see in GT

In Forza 4 I can only think of 2 new tracks or locations I should say and maybe 50-100 or so new cars most of which were from DLC packs in FM3 so .... not counting FM4 DLC car packs of course.

Seems like GT has added a fair amount and some cool new features as well.

If there was no DLC we would still buy the game, DLC gives us the option to add to the game as we go and of course we always have the option to not purchase paid DLC if we think it is over priced or not what we want.

That said I'm all for free DLC and I think some of it will be free but I am also willing to pay a reasonable amount for DLC that interests me.

Depends on what it is, I guess.

People have to be paid for their hard work. If a team of people have built a track or, as we now know, a single person has spent countless hours making a car, then no one could expect them to have done that for no wages.

As I have said before, someone adding "x" amount of in game credits to the PSN Shop, for hilariously obnoxious prices, with the click or two of a mouse, does not ( in my mind ) justify the price of those credits. The irony of the THEN immediate discovery of a glitch is almost too perfect. It's with typical Japanese games developer buffoonery that PD allowed an exploit to pass through quality check, that allowed some savvy guy on the internet to find a way of gifting potentially everyone in the GT community millions upon millions of credits for free ( for a short while, at least ).

As for tracks and cars, I always bought them and will have no problem paying for them in the future, because it doesn't matter to me if they were on the disc in the first place or are brand new pieces of code, to me i am not buying an "object". I have only ever bought someone's hard work and time.

We all like free stuff, but there really should be a line drawn, when you think about it. Focusing on developing, what now is a LOT of time and production budget on free tracks and cars, would mean that PD would eventually start leaking money all over the place. Paying out huge bills in wages and production costs and then giving it away for nothing ? I know they are very well off and I am sure the game devs are paid well enough, but working for free ? It doesn't make sense, if you're to invest into the future games...

Perhaps a huge company like PD/Sony could have regular paid AND free DLC, with obviously the free stuff being a lot less significant ? Seeing as they'd simply only be new textures ( i assume ) New racing gear and paint chip collections should be free, but cars and tracks you should pay for ?

Question is now tho...what if they charge us for the new tools ? £35.99 course editor anyone ?...:P

I would like to see tracks added for free and cars/livery/gear/paint etc to be paid for. That way you don't split the userbase when it comes to racing online

Depends on how meaty the DLC packs are, I'd love to pay for a pack consisting of 10 or so machines and maybe a few new tracks.

Did someone force you to buy this game that had it's content clearly announced prior to release?

It is, what it is - buy it/don't buy it. It will be, what it will be - buy it/don't buy it. If you're disappointed with the amount of content, you failed to send the strongest message possible to PD when you bought the game.

Back