Should GT6 Dlc be free?

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 93 comments

Should GT6 Downloadable Content be free?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Free or not, DLC every month, Kaz said. Once again, the man lied.
Uhhhh. Why? In December we got the Hudson and M5. January we got a part of the Redbull Challenges. And either end January or begin February (I forgot) we got the other part of the Redbull challenges. And February isn't over yet. So....where did he lie?

Free or not, DLC every month, Kaz said. Once again, the man lied.

December we had BMW and First Concept car.
January we had Hudson and Corvette and another concept car. And Redbull
Feb, new track and maybe something else (Coming Feb 24th/25th)
So if you don't think we had DLC just look at what was added. There is your DLC.

I have nothing to back my opinion, but i think that PD is inseparable from Sony. Whole question here is what's more important for Sony, bucks from DLC or increased interest in their exclusive series, and therefore console itself. What's more appealing to a dummy, 10 bucks for a new car pack, or free dlc that gives him an idea that he's "losing" a deal by not having $60 game. Businesses put profit money back into their enterprises, so money spent doing free DLC just may be repaid by good sales of next game. Or, you can try selling half-backed product now, sell some dlc later and then nobody is as hyped for your next game, i.e GT6.
I don't mean to put this harshly, but you'd be wrong. PD is a subsidiary within the Sony group, and on top of that they're almost fully autonomous, so that Sony can pretty much only tell them, "hey, you can only make games for our platform." Any financial difficulties would affect PD the most. Sure, Sony might pour in a little money to try to help, but PD - a far, far smaller company with only one product - would shoulder most of it because of their relatively high level of autonomy within the group.

Latest Posts

Back