Should I get IRacing?

• Thread starter michrulejj
  • 145 comments
^I believe what you are talking about has to do with a setting in the Logitech Profiler which can be downloaded from Logitech's website.

If I'm not mistaken you go all the way left but the wheel stops before you do.
I have the same problem with my DFGT ( I only get about 200 degrees out of it) and haven't figured out in the profiler

I bet you can find more detailed info on iRacing's hardware forum

This is same thing I've come across as once you pass the force feedback area it will let loose and have to reset it by unplugging it from computer. I just use the 180 or so degrees and seem to be fine for me, I actually wouldn't want anymore as it seems if over steer more could be an issue.

Do you mean the wheel only seems to have a lock to lock range of 180'?

I'll try to explain again, hope it will be more understandable.

When I configured the G27 system starting with the wheel, there are the instructions on screen, the picture of the wheel and the numbers.

When it asks to turn the wheel to one side all the way, I do it (doesn't matter if left or right), you can see the wheel on screen turning as well but it comes to an end on screen before it ends physically in my hands/on my wheel.

I can still turn the wheel before it locks, but the screen shows as if it has already locked way before.

Hope this was better, any idea how to solve this?

^I believe what you are talking about has to do with a setting in the Logitech Profiler which can be downloaded from Logitech's website.

If I'm not mistaken you go all the way left but the wheel stops before you do.
I have the same problem with my DFGT ( I only get about 200 degrees out of it) and haven't figured out in the profiler

I bet you can find more detailed info on iRacing's hardware forum

Yes!

That is my problem, I have no idea where to adjust in the profiler there, found nothing there :grumpy:

Any ideas? Maybe I'll try the iRacing forum or search something online,

Thank you guys!

When that happens to me I simply uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings" in the logitech profiler and then run the wheel calibration in iRacing again. Then check the box again after and it works fine again.

I'm on a dfgt and it fixes the problem every time.

When that happens to me I simply uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings" in the logitech profiler and then run the wheel calibration in iRacing again. Then check the box again after and it works fine again.

I'm on a dfgt and it fixes the problem every time.

It's been an entire year and I just heard that lol thank you! I ought to try that lol

I did this but still I get turn the wheel when the screen shows as if the wheel is all the way at the end to the left or right...

In your computer itself go to your Control Panel. Then go to Devices and Printers. Then you should see your wheel listed on there. Right click on it, then click on Game Controller Settings. Then click on Properties. Some list should show up about Spring Strength and Force Feedback Strength. There should also be an option somewhere on there about your wheels lock to lock range. Set that to the maximum setting.

Go into the simulator and try again.

Note: I have to do this every time I plug and unplug my wheel in so after a while you get used to going through these settings. :)

In your computer itself go to your Control Panel. Then go to Devices and Printers. Then you should see your wheel listed on there. Right click on it, then click on Game Controller Settings. Then click on Properties. Some list should show up about Spring Strength and Force Feedback Strength. There should also be an option somewhere on there about your wheels lock to lock range. Set that to the maximum setting.

Go into the simulator and try again.

Note: I have to do this every time I plug and unplug my wheel in so after a while you get used to going through these settings. :)

Thanks man, I'll try and see how it goes, will let you know here.

You have the DFGT or G27 like me?

Got the wheel to work on 900 degrees (835 I think I've set it up eventually), it was actually something in the setting in the Logitech Profiler as the people on iRacing forum told me.

Played my first practice (a couple of those) with the new setting and the game is so addictive and fun, got to learn the Mazda cup track, will perform some more practices today and maybe try to qualify and race.

:)

As a rookie I only get 4 tracks and that's it? In order to compete at other tracks I need to purchase them with cars as well?

Thank you!

Got the wheel to work on 900 degrees (835 I think I've set it up eventually), it was actually something in the setting in the Logitech Profiler as the people on iRacing forum told me.

Played my first practice (a couple of those) with the new setting and the game is so addictive and fun, got to learn the Mazda cup track, will perform some more practices today and maybe try to qualify and race.

:)

As a rookie I only get 4 tracks and that's it? In order to compete at other tracks I need to purchase them with cars as well?

Thank you!

Yes, you have to purchase the cars and tracks as you move up the license classes.

There are 6 road tracks in the base content, only 4 of them are used in the Mazda Cup. The iRacingNewsChallenge uses the others, and in varying configurations. You need to have an SR over 3.00 to enter the iRNC.

There are also 6 oval tracks in the base content (7 if you count the Charlotte legends oval).

There are also 6 diferent cars included (7 if you count the MX-5 Cup and Roadster as different cars (Iracing do)).

If you sign-up with the Cadillac offer you get 3 extra road tracks.

If you buy extra content, you get 10% off if you buy 3 at once, and 20% off if you buy 6 at once.

There are 6 road tracks in the base content, only 4 of them are used in the Mazda Cup. The iRacingNewsChallenge uses the others, and in varying configurations. You need to have an SR over 3.00 to enter the iRNC.

There are also 6 oval tracks in the base content (7 if you count the Charlotte legends oval).

There are also 6 diferent cars included (7 if you count the MX-5 Cup and Roadster as different cars (Iracing do)).

If you sign-up with the Cadillac offer you get 3 extra road tracks.

If you buy extra content, you get 10% off if you buy 3 at once, and 20% off if you buy 6 at once.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, let me tell you what I see:

In oval I see

- Carburetor Cup
- iRacing Street Stock Series
- World Cup Practice

In Road I see

- Cadillac Cup
- Mazda Cup
- World Cup Practice

Is that all correct or am I missing something? Are these the only series I can compete at?

I'm thinking of using these roads for a while to get my license higher and maybe then when I'm off Rookie purchase more tracks and cars.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Yes the series you see listed are the only official series you can compete it. In hosted sessions you can race in whatever you want long as you meet the requirements of the person hosting the race and have the car and track.

The carburetor cup is like a fun series so that doesn't count towards your SR and iR. The world cup events are events they have every now and then for the different clubs to compete for points. Since your in rookie the series you need to worry most about is the street stocks for oval and mazda and cadillac cup for road. Those are the series where you will gain your SR to move up the license.

Yes the series you see listed are the only official series you can compete it. In hosted sessions you can race in whatever you want long as you meet the requirements of the person hosting the race and have the car and track.

The carburetor cup is like a fun series so that doesn't count towards your SR and iR. The world cup events are events they have every now and then for the different clubs to compete for points. Since your in rookie the series you need to worry most about is the street stocks for oval and mazda and cadillac cup for road. Those are the series where you will gain your SR to move up the license.

Hey man,

Thanks for your answer, I think I got it.

1. While I'm in the Rookie license, I should focus on the Cadillac and Mazda series and the Street in the oval to get my license higher.

Once my license is at D or C I should purchase other tracks and cars and will be able to participate at other/more series, is that correct? Do you agree with this strategy?

2. As for hosted sessions, do they affect my SR and IR?

Thanks again for everything!

Rinor81
Hey man,

Thanks for your answer, I think I got it.

1. While I'm in the Rookie license, I should focus on the Cadillac and Mazda series and the Street in the oval to get my license higher.

Once my license is at D or C I should purchase other tracks and cars and will be able to participate at other/more series, is that correct? Do you agree with this strategy?

2. As for hosted sessions, do they affect my SR and IR?

Thanks again for everything!

Yes, concentrate on those series to get out of rookie, then have a look at what D Class car you want to drive. The SRF is actually a D class car so you can use that in D if you like. Click on the 'series' tab on the iRacing site and it shows you all the race series and license classes.
Hosted sessions do not effect SR and iR.
The site is pretty hard to work out at first, but you'll get there

Yes, concentrate on those series to get out of rookie, then have a look at what D Class car you want to drive. The SRF is actually a D class car so you can use that in D if you like. Click on the 'series' tab on the iRacing site and it shows you all the race series and license classes.
Hosted sessions do not effect SR and iR.
The site is pretty hard to work out at first, but you'll get there

Sweet!

Thanks a lot again for all your help, you are great guys and good friends!

I'm glad my strategy is good for now because at first I was a little bit upset that I only have 3-4 tracks to compete on for license points but I hope once I get to D class like you've mentioned, I'll purchase other tracks which I can compete on with the D license and the cars required for those tracks/series.

Can the license level drop down? Say from C to D or D to Rookie?

Thank you guys!

Rinor81
Sweet!

Thanks a lot again for all your help, you are great guys and good friends!

I'm glad my strategy is good for now because at first I was a little bit upset that I only have 3-4 tracks to compete on for license points but I hope once I get to D class like you've mentioned, I'll purchase other tracks which I can compete on with the D license and the cars required for those tracks/series.

Can the license level drop down? Say from C to D or D to Rookie?

Thank you guys!

If your SR is below 1.00 or 2.00 (I think) on promotion day you will be demoted one class. Don't think you can ever go back to rookie though, only as low as D.
IMO don't buy too many cars, concentrate more on buying tracks

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, let me tell you what I see:

In oval I see

- Carburetor Cup
- iRacing Street Stock Series
- World Cup Practice

In Road I see

- Cadillac Cup
- Mazda Cup
- World Cup Practice

Is that all correct or am I missing something? Are these the only series I can compete at?

I'm thinking of using these roads for a while to get my license higher and maybe then when I'm off Rookie purchase more tracks and cars.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Other people have answered, but one extra thing is that when your SR is above Rookie 3.00, there are two extra Rookie series you can enter:-

The iRacingNewsChallenge (road) for MX5 and Solstice.
The Legends (small oval)

Both of these run on more tracks/more track configs, than the lower Rookie series (Mazda Cup and Street Stock).

I'd suggest avoiding the Cadillac, its a beast of a car :)

Other people have answered, but one extra thing is that when your SR is above Rookie 3.00, there are two extra Rookie series you can enter:-

The iRacingNewsChallenge (road) for MX5 and Solstice.
The Legends (small oval)

Both of these run on more tracks/more track configs, than the lower Rookie series (Mazda Cup and Street Stock).

I'd suggest avoiding the Cadillac, its a beast of a car :)

Thanks,

At the moment I'm still practicing but believe will soon do my first qualifying and race with the Mazda.

Like I said, I'll try to do everything I can that comes with the basic subscription and as I go up the licenses, I'll purchase more tracks which I can compete on with my new license.

Thanks for all your help, yes I will concentrate more on tracks than cars but if there will be a specific track that will require a specific car, I guess I'll have to purchase it :sly:

iracing is a sim

GT5 is an arcade racer
They are both realistic though iracing is more difficult and GT5 has a bigger variety of cars and tracks

Continuing on. It's your choice. They are both excellent games. If you want to get as realistic as possible go for iracing and if you want realistic but a more arcade feel and on a console then go for GT5. Simple.

Back