Should it really be called trading any more?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vyvian
  • 81 comments
  • 6,010 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
465
Messages
Epicity
Ever since that back-up feature, people never have to sacrifice their best cars to get a good trade. Since no one loses cars, it isn't trading, by definition. Maybe the term 'mutually-benefiting-from-each-other's-garages' should be adopted?
 
wHat! So people are bacing up their games, gifting off cars, then deleting the save files and restoring the old pre gift file?

Thats BRILLIANT! I want in.
 
It was never "trading" in the first place. The feature called "gifting" for a reason. I'm glad there are exploit so every one can have the car they want.
 
wHat! So people are bacing up their games, gifting off cars, then deleting the save files and restoring the old pre gift file?

Thats BRILLIANT! I want in.

It's not brilliant when everyone is doing it and causing the GT5 'trading' economy to plummet massively, with people giving away the Red Bull X1 at the drop of a hat. :P I used to love trading, scraping together a small collection of semi-rare cars to trade for a rare car, then find a trade for a rarer car until a sweet collection had been built up. Now everyone has the potential to have everything as every car has the same value...ish.
 
Well, yeah.... The only things that retained a certain value are unused stealth car redeem codes and the like :lol:

No need to bother with trading, I guess....
 
HN7
It was never "trading" in the first place. The feature called "gifting" for a reason. I'm glad there are exploit so every one can have the car they want.

Fine then, two people gifting a car to each other, or for short, trading.
 
I got caught up in it, even sent a f2007 I duped, but im over it. Its not really playing the game. Ill get the x1 sometime, whats the rush?

That said I have no prob with it.
 
Well, yeah.... The only things that retained a certain value are unused stealth car redeem codes and the like :lol:

No need to bother with trading, I guess....

The only thing worthwhile trading a Stealth code for nowadays is other Stealth codes or Chromeline codes, as no one has to sacrifice anything to obtain them.
 
It's been said before. Use it or not, it doesn't matter. Will I duplicate? No. Not going through PSN BS. If others chose to, go ahead.
 
I think it's "replitrading" now.
 
It's been said before. Use it or not, it doesn't matter. Will I duplicate? No. Not going through PSN BS. If others chose to, go ahead.

There's always going to be the odd people who happily benefit from exploits, I'm just saying it's a shame to see a prosperous marketplace nearly collapse on itself from the weight of X2010 give-aways and F2007/F10/FGT's going for ten-to-the-penny prices.
 
hey wait a second. If THAT works, couldnt you and a friend, gift each other millions in a ponzi scheme? Or setup up a Pyramid system?

Im going to flesh this out as I type.

So, rich guys Bob and Bruce get together. Bob backs up his save file. Then Bob gifts his entire car collection to Bruce. Bob then restores his file. Bruce backs up his save file now with all of Bobs cars. Bruce then sends all of his cars to Bob. Bob and Bruce now both have their original cars and each others for double the amount of cars. Both save their file. Bob sends over all his cars. Now Bruce has 4X the cars. Bob restores his file with 2X cars. Bruce saves his 4X, then sends all his cars back to Bob. Bob now has 6X. Bruce restores his 4x. Bob sends his 6x to Bruce, Bruce now has 10X. Bob restores his 6X. Bruce sends his 10X cars back to Bob, Bob now has 16 times the amount of cars. You see where this is going? Yeah, it would take some time, but how much do you spend grinding. Just find a partner, and you could be Saudi Kings with billions of dollars. And simply cash in your excess cars for resale money, and BINGO!!
 
hey wait a second. If THAT works, couldnt you and a friend, gift each other millions in a ponzi scheme? Or setup up a Pyramid system?

Im going to flesh this out as I type.

So, rich guys Bob and Bruce get together. Bob backs up his save file. Then Bob gifts his entire car collection to Bruce. Bob then restores his file. Bruce backs up his save file now with all of Bobs cars. Bruce then sends all of his cars to Bob. Bob and Bruce now both have their original cars and each others for double the amount of cars. Both save their file. Bob sends over all his cars. Now Bruce has 4X the cars. Bob restores his file with 2X cars. Bruce saves his 4X, then sends all his cars back to Bob. Bob now has 6X. Bruce restores his 4x. Bob sends his 6x to Bruce, Bruce now has 10X. Bob restores his 6X. Bruce sends his 10X cars back to Bob, Bob now has 16 times the amount of cars. You see where this is going? Yeah, it would take some time, but how much do you spend grinding. Just find a partner, and you could be Saudi Kings with billions of dollars. And simply cash in your excess cars for resale money, and BINGO!!

Before reading the second line, the one car a day limit obstructs the whole pyramid scheme of yours. :)
 
And how many years would that take at one gift every 24 hours?
 
And how many years would that take at one gift every 24 hours?

160 odd days for me to gift my collection to a fake account, 160 days to gift it back, not taking into account powering down the game and backing up the save file and reloading every day.
 
DId I just become the George Soros of GT5 and collapse the entire economy of the game? lol. When everyone has every car, then money is meaningless more less. Just for engine rebuilds I guess. And car washes/oil changes. The GT5 "Credit" is now worth 1/1000 its original value, lol.

16-dr-evil.jpg
 
Oh wait, forgot about that 24 hour thing.

DAMMIT #2, could have used that info...
 
::Starts working on my new plan, PREPARATION H!!::

So, whats the sale value of the X2010 again?
 
::Starts working on my new plan, PREPARATION H!!::

So, whats the sale value of the X2010 again?

Considering it can be duped, probably a big, fat zero.

Also, double posting ins't cool. Let alone tripple posting :lol:
 
Im just having a little fun Lumis. Apparently you DONT have a little captain in you.
 
Im just having a little fun Lumis. Apparently you DONT have a little captain in you.

If you say so :lol:

Either way, happy exploiting. It's not a lot different from the birthday glitch, anyways. This time around, there'll be just dozens of X2010s as well :sly:
 
If you say so :lol:

Either way, happy exploiting. It's not a lot different from the birthday glitch, anyways. This time around, there'll be just dozens of X2010s as well :sly:

One difference is four less Stealth codes this time round, I didn't fancy trading them due to the aforementioned points, so now I used the extra codes I traded for and now have all Stealth cars after starting with just two. :D
 
One difference is four less Stealth codes this time round, I didn't fancy trading them due to the aforementioned points, so now I used the extra codes I traded for and now have all Stealth cars after starting with just two. :D

You should just sell them on ebay... That'll probably get you the most out of them, considering the shape the GT5 market is in :lol:
Better get out of it as long as you can make some revenue.
 
You should just sell them on ebay... That'll probably get you the most out of them, considering the shape the GT5 market is in :lol:
Better get out of it as long as you can make some revenue.

I've two (maybe even three) more codes arriving so I can sell them for a bit of profit. ;)
 
I just say if this is real then why ppl dont make lots of copy of the 370z tuned gt academy well juts saing that is the rare car
 
People complaining about the GT5 "economy", get a life.

Get a real job and see what the REAL economy is like.
 
I believe duping is the terms other games use to describe these sorts of transactions.
I really don't mind, I already finished my collection through a few hours of UCD cycling.
 
Funny how I've been saying this since the update and people looked at me like I was crazy. Not only are cars values worthless. So are credits. What's that? Did he say credits???? Yep, never have to buy another car again from any dealership. All thanks to this back up data save......

Goes like....

5 million in bank and want a FGT for 4.9 million

Save game to USB just before buying car.

Then go buy car, then friend car to side account on your PS3

Go accept car on side account. log out.

Go back and before loading GT5 game on main. Goto saved data on PS3 and copy over saved game off the USB.

Load game and bam, money if back just like before you bought the car.

Now, goto side account and send the car back over to main......
 
So, first it was "OMG I can't back up my save!, my PS3 just crashed! All my work is GOOOOONNNNE!!!!!!!!!!"

And now that they listened, and we can back up our hundreds of hours of work, it's "OMG, nothing's worth anything to trade! Everybody's exploiting this poor, innocent game!!!!" "It used to be so fun trading, now it's crap!"

Guess we need to pick our poison.
It was already possible to simply play the game twice with a second account, and trade stuff around and exploit trading anyway, now it's just easier.
Please Do Tell how you would stop that?
 
It was already possible to simply play the game twice with a second account, and trade stuff around and exploit trading anyway, now it's just easier.

How is this exploiting? You gotta play the 2nd account to get cars/money. Plus you're just winning the same cars twice (sort of like GT4) so it's not useful in accumulating different cars, just money. You'd be better off just grinding Indy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back