Should it really be called trading any more?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vyvian
  • 81 comments
  • 6,008 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
5-6 million copies of gt5 sold what was really going to be rare at all about 98% of the cars in the game? Holiday cr increase, kaz himself lowered the value of everything in game making cr grinding easier. Holiday events gave everyone a chance to make a few million just by doing something a bit different, again cr inflation.

Note to all the "traders" there has never ever been a trade function in gt5, show me anywhere in the game or the manual that say player trades, or anything in the game that supports actual player trades.

The game in fact has "gifting" look up the definition of the word gift, you do not trade gifts, outside of say christmas, gifting you give someone something no strings attached.

Trading as you put it was made up by players period. If pd wanted a actual player trade market they would have put in mechanics for an actual player trade market you know like a simple trade window or a more fancy trade board.

So hence any ruined economy was made up by you all creating trades. Some of you all just spending hours a day grinding cash, buying cars not to actually drive them but for the perceived trade value of said car.

Hence much trade value was ruined with the birthday loophole, lest of most cars. People were already able to dupe cars pre 1.05 by simply shutting their ps3 down before the game autosaved a gift sending, granted at much more risk to the users save game but duping was already exploitable that way.

But happy trading n all.
 
5-6 million copies of gt5 sold what was really going to be rare at all about 98% of the cars in the game? Holiday cr increase, kaz himself lowered the value of everything in game making cr grinding easier. Holiday events gave everyone a chance to make a few million just by doing something a bit different, again cr inflation.

Note to all the "traders" there has never ever been a trade function in gt5, show me anywhere in the game or the manual that say player trades, or anything in the game that supports actual player trades.

The game in fact has "gifting" look up the definition of the word gift, you do not trade gifts, outside of say christmas, gifting you give someone something no strings attached.

Trading as you put it was made up by players period. If pd wanted a actual player trade market they would have put in mechanics for an actual player trade market you know like a simple trade window or a more fancy trade board.

So hence any ruined economy was made up by you all creating trades. Some of you all just spending hours a day grinding cash, buying cars not to actually drive them but for the perceived trade value of said car.

Hence much trade value was ruined with the birthday loophole, lest of most cars. People were already able to dupe cars pre 1.05 by simply shutting their ps3 down before the game autosaved a gift sending, granted at much more risk to the users save game but duping was already exploitable that way.

But happy trading n all.

First off sure everyone can read and most all know about GT the game.

Next, gifting.... everyone again knows what it says. But, is that what's taking place? Yes and no, so gifting and trading it's all the same. Only trading is just that, two players gifting at the same time regardless of the cars involved.

Next, the B-day loop hole. Did that really do any damage? Bigger scale heck no. Because it was all luck in what you got. So sit there all day trying and if you look at the popular years. There are some 5,6,7 8 different types of cars. With 95% of them sucking with no resale value to begin with. Hence why everyone went for the 1944 Jeep. As you knew then you could at least get the $73,500 credits. But even that would be a waste of time not very long into the game. You can make way more simply racing. Plus all the high end cars on the B-day list can't even be sold.

Any game not just GT5, if it has online anything it has exploiters, glitchers and cheaters... boosters and game burners. So nothing new here at all.

At the end of the day everyone will have a fleet of cars. But one thing remains the same. You will have to put the time in the level up. Otherwise, you just have a nice looking garage.
 
Well gifting and trading are not the same, people just used the gift mechanic to make trades, and i do not know any traders that did not go, you send x car first then i send this car etc, so scams were possible but rare lest on these forums.

So yea i do not care the people used the gift mechanic as a trade tool, i just am not overly broken up about people buying rare cars solely for trade crying that their cars are not worth as much as they used to be.

I never bought a car i did not intent to drive, nor did i spend much money or time in the used car lot other than to get cars i had to have for race series that i could not get out of the premium lots. So buying premium cars cost me more grind than trolling the used lot for cheaper used but rare cars.

Otherwise any rare cars i got mostly came from winning some race series here and there, and any car i bought i tend to drive myself, even if some get way more face time with me behind the wheel than others. Currently in love with my mclaren mc4, my favorite ring ride for the time being.
 
It's not brilliant when everyone is doing it and causing the GT5 'trading' economy to plummet massively, with people giving away the Red Bull X1 at the drop of a hat. :P I used to love trading, scraping together a small collection of semi-rare cars to trade for a rare car, then find a trade for a rarer car until a sweet collection had been built up. Now everyone has the potential to have everything as every car has the same value...ish.

What the hell is a trading economy? lol
 
Funny how I've been saying this since the update and people looked at me like I was crazy. Not only are cars values worthless. So are credits. What's that? Did he say credits???? Yep, never have to buy another car again from any dealership. All thanks to this back up data save......

Goes like....

5 million in bank and want a FGT for 4.9 million

Save game to USB just before buying car.

Then go buy car, then friend car to side account on your PS3

Go accept car on side account. log out.

Go back and before loading GT5 game on main. Goto saved data on PS3 and copy over saved game off the USB.

Load game and bam, money if back just like before you bought the car.

Now, goto side account and send the car back over to main......

Thank you so much.

was just about to buy a f10 which I have grinding for, for ages.
 
What the hell is a trading economy? lol

It basically is the same as the real economy. Supply vs. demand.
With infinite supply, all cars are worthless.
While you had to hunt down certain cars before or make an effort to get a decent trade going, you can get them just like that now.

It was, well, kinda like playing Pokemon :lol: Before, getting some of them wasn't as easy, so trading was kinda interesting.

Limiting how often a safe can be restored per, dunno, week and fixing the birthday exploit would solve a lot of that. But, as I said before, I don't really give a crap. I'll just get the cars I want myself. That has, at least, a certain feeling of, you know, accomplishment to it.

Exploiting is like the Rewind Button of car collecting :lol:
 
I think there should be a swap feature so you can put cars in a swap then swap with someone and the swap doesn't happy until both sides initial it, then no one can be ripped off.
 
Great Quote, Love Porsche

A man after my own heart 👍
Stuff like that quote is why a RUF can never replace a Porsche. It's lacking the spirit and heritage. And RUF can't offer a 917 :sly:
 
A man after my own heart 👍
Stuff like that quote is why a RUF can never replace a Porsche. It's lacking the spirit and heritage. And RUF can't offer a 917 :sly:

True, but since I doubt we will ever get Porsche I dont mind having RUF as a sub. Nor a 356, Carrera RS and others. Hopefully we will see some premium RUF's, I would like to drive some old 911's, 912's and a GT3 RS. :)
 
Well, they shoulden't have introduced gifting in the first place if PD woud really care... Stop moaning.
 
I'm just annoyed because I set out as soon as i saw the official car list that i want to own every single Ferrari, Lamborghini, RUF and Aston Martin and other nice race cars. I managed to get all Lambo's, RUF's, Aston Martins and all but 2 Ferrari's (F2007/F10). All before the Duplicating "epidemic". I also got heaps of race cars like sauber c9, R92cp, Minolta etc. Now it feels like all these cars are worthless and my beloved collection has no value whatsoever! :(
 
I'm just annoyed because I set out as soon as i saw the official car list that i want to own every single Ferrari, Lamborghini, RUF and Aston Martin and other nice race cars. I managed to get all Lambo's, RUF's, Aston Martins and all but 2 Ferrari's (F2007/F10). All before the Duplicating "epidemic". I also got heaps of race cars like sauber c9, R92cp, Minolta etc. Now it feels like all these cars are worthless and my beloved collection has no value whatsoever! :(

Do you even like cars?

I did the same. Duping came along, and now things are even better.

Trading is anything but dead anyway.
 
Do you even like cars?

I did the same. Duping came along, and now things are even better.

Trading is anything but dead anyway.

Nah I hate cars that's why I play GT5 a "CAR" Racing game. The duping just makes cars worthless and the market is flooded with all these stupid X2010. I almost don't want one on principle...
 
By definition, it's still trading.
 
Nah I hate cars that's why I play GT5 a "CAR" Racing game. The duping just makes cars worthless and the market is flooded with all these stupid X2010. I almost don't want one on principle...

Really, another one of those threads? If you don't want an X1, then how about and stick with me here, you don't get one. 💡

I still fail to see how someone else duping their cars and then sharing them with those who wants them....somehow makes the vehicles lose value, or become worthless. Are you no longer required to to hit Lv. 30 to unlock the X1 Challenge? Will the X1, Mark IV, P400, etc. no longer cost 20 million credits?

EDIT: For the record, possibly with the exception of the X1, all of the 20 million credit vehicles are far above what they'd be worth in a real life scenario. And considering the fact they can't be sold back to the dealer, yeah, they never had any "real" value to begin with.
 
Well, they shoulden't have introduced gifting in the first place if PD woud really care... Stop moaning.



PD tried to be nice, people abused.
 
I got caught up in it, even sent a f2007 I duped, but im over it. Its not really playing the game. Ill get the x1 sometime, whats the rush?

That said I have no prob with it.

If, out of the vast klindness of your heart you felt like sending me a F2007 that you have a copy of, I'd be happy to send you one of the following two that I for some reason have won two of:
Cizenza
Acura NSX
 
And if anyone out there would like to give me a copy of a Jaguar XJ13 or Ferrari P4, I'd not be heard to complain and be sure to put in a good word with him above.
Should some kind soul see fit to give me a copy of teh Bentley LM i'd be happier still.
Offering an Audi R8 V10 with all the extras. I don't know how to duplicate and to be fair I don't like teh car so I could care less if I give it away.
If duplicating is really happening, why don't people just share around everything - that way everyone gets to see whatever car they'd like to see.
Just so long as someone can explain to me how to duplicate any car I have is free to take a copy of - Chrome XJ13 for example (no good for historic racing please note, but very cheap to maintain with egine rebuilds only costing 500 credits), fully tuned Mazda Furai, fully tuned Zonda R, etc etc
 
And if anyone out there would like to give me a copy of a Jaguar XJ13 or Ferrari P4, I'd not be heard to complain and be sure to put in a good word with him above.
Should some kind soul see fit to give me a copy of teh Bentley LM i'd be happier still.
Offering an Audi R8 V10 with all the extras. I don't know how to duplicate and to be fair I don't like teh car so I could care less if I give it away.
If duplicating is really happening, why don't people just share around everything - that way everyone gets to see whatever car they'd like to see.
Just so long as someone can explain to me how to duplicate any car I have is free to take a copy of - Chrome XJ13 for example (no good for historic racing please note, but very cheap to maintain with egine rebuilds only costing 500 credits), fully tuned Mazda Furai, fully tuned Zonda R, etc etc

To dupe all you do is go to game save data on the XMB and copy the gt5 save data to a USB. Then go to gt5 and gift the car. Quit game and copy the save data from your USB back onto your PS3 and overwrite the previous save. then you have the car back....
 
Should be called "Cheating"
Since that's all you're doing, ruining the rewards of the game by cheating.
 
I just bought the f10 and i didnt use the back up cheat...

I just dont care, i buy the cars I want and I never trade with anyone since its BS.

Whats the point of having every single car for no effort ? Anyway, the time i get bored of 1 car I already have new millions to spend on a new one.
 
::Starts working on my new plan, PREPARATION H!!::

So, whats the sale value of the X2010 again?

After the 24 hour problem, the values are the next part of your plan that fails.
No car that originally cost more then 1M cr. can be sold.
And cars which were bought for less than 1M cr. you are only given about 1/10 the value when you sell it.
So the highest car you can sell, which I think is the Lambo Murc, gets you a little over 100K cr. and you can only do that once per day.

You can make 1.2M cr. in about 80 minutes running the B-Spec Dream Car Championship.

The duping exploit is a great way to get all the cars, but it is a lousy way to try and make money.

With the race series I mentioned, I simply check on it every 20 minutes and start the next race. About 5-10 minutes total of interaction and I make about 1M per 1 hour average. I typically run that scenario 2 or 3 times in the evening while doing other stuff around the house and pull in 3.5M per evening.
That's how I've made the money to buy 450+ cars so far. I've only done about a dozen or so trades.
 
Last edited:
Nah I hate cars that's why I play GT5 a "CAR" Racing game. The duping just makes cars worthless and the market is flooded with all these stupid X2010. I almost don't want one on principle...

They where worthless to begin with. The "economy" is a myth. ANYONE can produce ANY NUMBER of cars, even without duping - there is an infinate supply to meet any demand - we are all able to create cars from nothing and gift them, therefore no car had any value at all from the start..
 
The root of the issue, I think, is that when it comes to games like GT5, people just want to race the cars they like, and that is all. I don't know where the idea that 'grinding races and saving up money for cars is fun' came from, but it is not fun. Everybody plays GT to do one thing, race cool cars. It seems to me that anything which stands in the way of the player doing that, such as a car costing an insane 20M credits, is stupid.

The solution to all of these problems would be to eliminate the idea of buying cars altogether, as it is an archaic game mechanic. Instead, give the player access to every car at the start of the game and let them have fun, what would be so terrible about that?

I suppose the answer is that it would give the player nothing to work towards, so no sense of accomplishment. It doesn't need to be that way though. The solution to this problem is to simply keep the races themselves behind level caps (as they currently are) and make all of the best (most amazing) cars in the game rewards for their completion. The player would enjoy having so many cars unlocked from the start and yet still have something worth playing for at the same time. Once the game is completed, online races and new events could keep the game fresh far into the future.

What do you guys think?
 
Nah I hate cars that's why I play GT5 a "CAR" Racing game. The duping just makes cars worthless and the market is flooded with all these stupid X2010. I almost don't want one on principle...

I don't want one, because it would ruin the experience for me, but I couldn't care less that every thirteen-year old on the planet has one.

Should be called "Cheating"
Since that's all you're doing, ruining the rewards of the game by cheating.

Another one of those posts? Seriously, how does duplicating a car ruin the achievement of unlocking every trophy in GT5? Strange that people seem to be confusing the difference between cars that anyone can buy (X1 in GT5) and cars that you only get by being a great hand at driving (Leno Tank Car and Dome Zero in GT4).

It's not the bottle of champagne that makes winning a real life race sweet. It's the fact that you beat everyone else in winning it that does.
 
Life would be returned to a small degree of normalcy if only the save data were re-protected, but that you COULD back up your game by doing a PS3 HD Backup (and then Restore if you crash).

Most of the ADD weenies exploiting this loophole probably don't have the patience to wait an hour or more while the HD reloads every time they want to use the exploit...
 
Life would be returned to a small degree of normalcy if only the save data were re-protected, but that you COULD back up your game by doing a PS3 HD Backup (and then Restore if you crash).

Most of the ADD weenies exploiting this loophole probably don't have the patience to wait an hour or more while the HD reloads every time they want to use the exploit...



Or every time their system crashes? Bad idea. 👎:drool:
 
I've got to say its helped people like me who don't have the man hours to grind away at Indy just to get the cars they want. For me the marketplace is thriving at the moment, I'm getting all the cars I've wanted that don't ever seem to come up in my UCD.
Don't like it? Easy, Don't use it - or just simply choose to ignore how others are getting their car and enjoying their game.
 
Or every time their system crashes? Bad idea. 👎:drool:

Yours crashing a lot?

Or are you just determined to exploit all you can? Because I see this solution as NO impediment to a game save data corruption, while at the same time, returning the 'gifting' idea to the implementation that PD INTENDED when the game came out with a protected game save.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back