Should it really be called trading any more?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vyvian
  • 81 comments
  • 6,008 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I see this solution as NO impediment to a game save data corruption, while at the same time, returning the 'gifting' idea to the implementation that PD INTENDED when the game came out with a protected game save.

So every night, before I go to bed, after I've completed yet another set of races... I have to back up my ENTIRE hard disk? Yup... that works for me... :lol:
 
It works better than the current COMPLETELY broken system we have.

I tend to back up my HD maybe once a week. To only lose that much is acceptable, or if I get a major win, sure, I'll back up that night (it's hands off, anyway... set and forget). Hardly onerous. Is it the best solution, no. But short of PD completely recoding, and removing gifting altogether, it's the only thing I can think of that returns PD's intentions to their original status.
 
Yours crashing a lot?

Or are you just determined to exploit all you can? Because I see this solution as NO impediment to a game save data corruption, while at the same time, returning the 'gifting' idea to the implementation that PD INTENDED when the game came out with a protected game save.



So, not only does my system crash, but then I wait another hour to play again? Whether the crashing is frequent or not, it's a bad idea.

Please, get over the duplication thing. People have real lives and and legitimate responsibilities that take precedence over running circles around the Indy track for 4 hours so they can afford a new car. People with real commitments might never have access to the cars otherwise, and just because you chose to run Indy for x-amount of hours doesn't make you any better.

There are too few A-Spec events in this game for one, and far too few that pay worth anything, and the online payscale is rubbish. So the only other option is to leave your PS3 on for days on end while you watch your game run B-Spec races for you. That's a bad alternative as well.

The game's design brought this on itself.



Get over it.



Edit: Also, I didn't realize your were on the PD board, and privy to their "original intentions". My apologies (sarcasm). :)
 
Last edited:
Another one of these threads? Why?
 
Having spent a fair few hours on GT5 and the number of reported YLOD's from playing the game too much (my UK PS3 died before GT5 was released) an HD Backup is not really going to help unless you get your PS3 repaired. I would hate to have to start the game over. My intention is to get a save with every car in the game (rubbish or not!) and then just have fun driving cars rather than grinding money. Until the save backup appeared on the scene there was a potential to lose hundreds of hours of "work".

I have no objection to exploiting any easy way to get to my ultimate save. I just hope there is enough space in the garage for every car, plus the inevitable (almost) duplicates. Before anyone says anything, I do not trade, though I did once use the save backup to gift an expensive car (Formula GT) to someone.

I was worried with my Facebook Chromeline XJ13 as I wanted to keep one that was unused (OK... OTT Collector Alert!). Fortunately for every account on my PS3 I get the Chromeline XJ13 when I start GT5.
 
So every night, before I go to bed, after I've completed yet another set of races... I have to back up my ENTIRE hard disk? Yup... that works for me... :lol:

Indeed. That is the worst idea I have heard on here.
How many people actually have a secondary drive, the time, the knowledge, and the desire to do a full system backup every night (or even once a week for that matter).
Right now, I make it a point to backup my save file each day after I am done playing. It takes all of 2 minutes to copy it to a USB thumb drive and then onto my PC.
And if my system does get corrupted, the restore process is just as quick.
The hard drive backup was created for moving the entire contents to a new drive for upgrades and that is the only purpose that makes logistical sense to use it.
 
Indeed. That is the worst idea I have heard on here.
How many people actually have a secondary drive, the time, the knowledge, and the desire to do a full system backup every night (or even once a week for that matter).
Right now, I make it a point to backup my save file each day after I am done playing. It takes all of 2 minutes to copy it to a USB thumb drive and then onto my PC.
And if my system does get corrupted, the restore process is just as quick.
The hard drive backup was created for moving the entire contents to a new drive for upgrades and that is the only purpose that makes logistical sense to use it.



Just realized this is the same guy talking that posted the "ban gifting petition" and got reamed into last week. He's just full of great ideas.


Lol, just get over it man.
 
Most of the ADD weenies exploiting this loophole probably don't have the patience to wait an hour or more while the HD reloads every time they want to use the exploit...

So every night, before I go to bed, after I've completed yet another set of races... I have to back up my ENTIRE hard disk? Yup... that works for me... :lol:

QED. :sly:

And sorry, but anyone that can't figure out the boneheadedly simple procedure for a HD backup on the PS3 DESERVES to lose everything they have. I bet their computer's HD's aren't backup up, either :rolleyes:

Oh, for the love of God, PD, just bring out a Save Game that these ADD instant gratification crackheads can download, with every car, and every track unlocked, and every challenge Golded, so they can go back to Mod Nation in the belief they have 'beaten' the game....

You know, for the same people that consider ANY dissenting opinion about the 'reality' of GT5's driving physics a personal attack, or go ape whenever some of GT5's 'realism' is questioned, you want to ask in what universe they think GT5 is 'real' in if they all have unlimited money and unlimited cars and can buy everything without even earning a dollar? They ALL trust fund babies? They are sure acting like one.

Still, if there's one thing I have learned from this thread or the one petitioning a return to sanity on the Save Game exploit, it is 'NEVER GET BETWEEN A CRACKHEAD AND HIS PIPE'

:banghead::nervous:
 
All I have to say is this, my psn ID is on the left and send me what ever car you have duped I really dont care and will send you something I have...which isnt much because my best cars are an SLS, 458 and ZR1 RM.

And all of you in here ranting about a ruined economy, go watch the news if you want to see REAL ruined economies, this game is for fun and not stressing about silly things. You jelly bro?
 
You know, for the same people that consider ANY dissenting opinion about the 'reality' of GT5's driving physics a personal attack, or go ape whenever some of GT5's 'realism' is questioned, you want to ask in what universe they think GT5 is 'real' in if they all have unlimited money and unlimited cars and can buy everything without even earning a dollar? They ALL trust fund babies? They are sure acting like one.
I don't mean to rude, but you love to sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Again with gold trophies no one cars about. Again acting the way you say everyone else does. Again, everything.

Still, if there's one thing I have learned from this thread or the one petitioning a return to sanity on the Save Game exploit, it is 'NEVER GET BETWEEN A CRACKHEAD AND HIS PIPE'

So much irony.
 
It should be said that: all cars owned by the collective community now belongs to everyone through this exploit. Soon, people will be able to own all the different colours of the X2010s through this.

There is no better example of true communism than this - complete abolition of currency and personal material (after all, you aren't actually "trading" out your cars), and all cars belonging to all and all cars belonging to the individual.

Marx would have been proud.
 
Loving the duping guys.
 
Nah I hate cars that's why I play GT5 a "CAR" Racing game. The duping just makes cars worthless and the market is flooded with all these stupid X2010. I almost don't want one on principle...

If you like cars, why don't you like your cars?

Should be called "Cheating"
Since that's all you're doing, ruining the rewards of the game by cheating.

Where is the unfair advantage that makes this cheating?

The solution to all of these problems would be to eliminate the idea of buying cars altogether, as it is an archaic game mechanic. Instead, give the player access to every car at the start of the game and let them have fun, what would be so terrible about that?

Perfect

Life would be returned to a small degree of normalcy

Quite a bit of my games comes without unlocks normally.

that PD INTENDED when the game came out with a protected game save.

The players found a better way. PD's decisions are not right by default.
 
Last edited:
It works better than the current COMPLETELY broken system we have.

Why?

I have all my important data, photos, videos, documents... backed up onto several hard-disks. That's individual files. Not the incredible amount of junk data and program data that would be included in a hard-disk back-up.

Back in the PS2 days, I would have at least two memory cards at any one time, just in case my main one crashed. (And some did).

It never makes sense to put all your eggs in one basket. And having to do an HDD back-up just to protect a few megabytes of save data on a game system is just bizarre. And those save games are the only files that really matter... the rest (Fallout3 install, GT5 install, etcetera) can be reinstalled from the disc with no issue.

Want something even better? Have the opportunity to back-up save data online via your PSN account instead of physically. That way, you can play wherever you like with your own data, be it at home, a friend's place, or a rental shop. Of course, this opens up the opportunity for several people to share one account for the sole purpose of making money, collecting cars and gifting to each other. They rotate B-Speccing in that account (one user per day) and make more money than any one person can alone.


Still, if there's one thing I have learned from this thread or the one petitioning a return to sanity on the Save Game exploit, it is 'NEVER GET BETWEEN A CRACKHEAD AND HIS PIPE'

:banghead::nervous:

If you can't take a debate, then it's probably time to get some fresh air.

The system is the system. Is it flawed? Yes. Does it ruin the experience totally for those of us who don't "cheat"? Absolutely not. If you don't like seeing people driving expensive cars badly... don't go online! Even before this exploit became common knowledge, it was still possible for people to gain access to more powerful cars than they had skills for. This only made it a slight bit easier.
 
It doesn't even affect the online experience.



Online boils down to two things:

1. random rooms where everyone is going to crash within the first 3 corners, despite ANY car they're driving

2. pre-arranged rooms where everyone is on the same page, and you don't have to worry about "exploiters" at all



I have many cars in my garage that I could exploit an online situation with. But I don't do that, so stop whining.


Half of the things you are whining about don't even exist to the extent that you claim.


Horsepower and weight limits are part of the online structure for a reason. Guess what, the majority of people use them.
 
This ruined economy that he talks about is actually the marketplace no longer being a used car dealership where everyone is trying to jip each other out of a car to try to get the best of the deal because it needs to make up for the car they are trading. The trading field is completely level, I can get an X1 for a R10, heck I could get one for a Miata, and that's great because the X1 trader isn't trying to heist me out of a ton of cars to get a single car as he can reload his save to get the X1 back and I can reload my save to get my R10 back, or Miata; not so I can beast all of A-Spec, but so I can tool around in practice mode in whatever car I want to.
 
Please, get over the duplication thing. People have real lives and and legitimate responsibilities that take precedence over running circles around the Indy track for 4 hours so they can afford a new car. People with real commitments might never have access to the cars otherwise, and just because you chose to run Indy for x-amount of hours doesn't make you any better.

There are too few A-Spec events in this game for one, and far too few that pay worth anything, and the online payscale is rubbish. So the only other option is to leave your PS3 on for days on end while you watch your game run B-Spec races for you. That's a bad alternative as well.

The game's design brought this on itself.



Get over it.

This basically says it all.
 
It should be said that: all cars owned by the collective community now belongs to everyone through this exploit. Soon, people will be able to own all the different colours of the X2010s through this.

There is no better example of true communism than this - complete abolition of currency and personal material (after all, you aren't actually "trading" out your cars), and all cars belonging to all and all cars belonging to the individual.

Marx would have been proud.

Currency....??? Try selling an X2010, then come back and report your findings. Hell try selling any car over 1,000,000cr, likely to not happen.

So before you make an idiotic comment like the economy is broken, think.
 
Currency....??? Try selling an X2010, then come back and report your findings. Hell try selling any car over 1,000,000cr, likely to not happen.

So before you make an idiotic comment like the economy is broken, think.

Mr Hurtbag,

I am applauding the current system, not dismissing it. And just to refresh your memory, I said the complete >>abolition<< of currency, meaning indeed that you cannot sell any cars, since sharing/duplication eliminated the value.

So before you make an idiotic comment, think.

Thank you for writing something applicable to your own statement.

Last edit: I am meaning to suggest here that Marxist communism is a good thing for GT5, since everyone is supporting it on the trading forums by sharing and duplicating their cars.

However, its understandable that you misconstrued my meaning, given decades of reinforcements of fear associated with the idea.
 
Last edited:
From : SS_1182

So, not only does my system crash, but then I wait another hour to play again? Whether the crashing is frequent or not, it's a bad idea.

Please, get over the duplication thing. People have real lives and and legitimate responsibilities that take precedence over running circles around the Indy track for 4 hours so they can afford a new car. People with real commitments might never have access to the cars otherwise, and just because you chose to run Indy for x-amount of hours doesn't make you any better.

There are too few A-Spec events in this game for one, and far too few that pay worth anything, and the online payscale is rubbish. So the only other option is to leave your PS3 on for days on end while you watch your game run B-Spec races for you. That's a bad alternative as well.

The game's design brought this on itself.



Bravo !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back