• 393 comments

Opel as a new Premium Manufacturer?

• Yes

Votes: 178 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arcade Mode is so much more fun compared to seasonals. AI could still improve.

Quality is horrible, sorry

I'm saving $ for a better Camera

I would like to see a Corsa VXR Nurburgring, a Tigra V6, a Tigra Ice Race Car and premium versions of the Astra and Calibra race car.

One last statement to the names. Opel called it Adam, after the founder Adam Opel. I'm glad that is a huge advantage. Because VW couldn't call a car after its founder ;) ... 'Ferdinand' would be beyond oddness lol

I fixed it for you. Yes, Ferdinand Porsche is the founder of Volkswagen. A.H.'s role is that he was introduced to the concept of a people's car (until then, most cars were for the rich), liked the idea and ordered mass production for the German people. However, the war came and the only mass productions were of the army versions Kubelwagen and Schwimmwagen. After the war, the British Army (who occupied the zone where the factory was) was introduced to the car, liked it and ordered mass production for the British Army. The mass production of the Beetle thus started after the war and on the orders of the British Army. Neither the British Army or Hitler were the founders of Volkswagen, they just placed orders. The car was designed by Ferdinand Porsche and that was the foundation of Volkswagen.

I'm pretty sure Volkswagen Ferdinand wouldn't be a problem. But it would be better if they saved it for Lamborghini, if they ever were to make a mini-car :)

How could you guys ignore the only modern RWD Opel?

Opel-GT-media.jpg

Isn't that just a rebadged Pontiac Solstice? And don't Opel sell the VXR8 that Holden make too?
No the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky were both rebadges Opels, the reason was Opel didn't think that an Opel would sell in the USA.

saturn-sky-wallpaper-saturn-cars.jpg

2007_pontiac_solstice_gxp.jpg

Note that the Opel Lightening/Pontiac Solstice isn't sold as a Vauxhall, yet Vauxhall get the performance Holden's and Opel don't.........

I fixed it for you. Yes, Ferdinand Porsche is the founder of Volkswagen. A.H.'s role is that he was introduced to the concept of a people's car (until then, most cars were for the rich), liked the idea and ordered mass production for the German people.
Sorry but you are wrong. A.H. was the one to come up with the idea in the first place, just like it was his idea to build the Autobahn. He was looking for an engineer to build up what he had in mind and found the blueprints of Mr. F. Porsche's car we now know as Beetle, to be ideal. Mr. Porsche, at that time still working for Mercedes-Benz didn't have much of a choice to refuse on working on this project!(If you know what I mean.) And the name 'Volkswagen' therefore came from A.H. himself. Officially, the books neither document A.H. nor F. Porsche as founder of the brand but A.H. founded the City of Wolfsburg, Germany. Should give a hint.

No the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky were both rebadges Opels, the reason was Opel didn't think that an Opel would sell in the USA.
It wasn't Opel that thought so but GM. They didn't want Opel to become succesful in the US. It took a long time and effort on Opels side to convince GM bosses to expand outside of europe. Allowing them now to enter the markets in russia, china and australia

Note that the Opel Lightening/Pontiac Solstice isn't sold as a Vauxhall, yet Vauxhall get the performance Holden's and Opel don't.........

This time it really is Opel's fault because they said there wasn't a market for those 'big' engined cars... epic fail IMO seeing Mercedes and the likes with big V8's gaining popularity and even more important 'reputation'

Opel should've never stoped building/selling V8's

Last edited:
It wasn't Opel that thought so but GM. They didn't want Opel to become succesful in the US. It took a long time and effort on Opels side to convince GM bosses to expand outside of europe. Allowing them now to enter the markets in russia, china and australia

Opel's were sold in the USA but they had a bad rep because of the engine design (bad oil pump design) it let the pump run dry on hills. I have 2 Opel GT's bought a Manta years ago for engine. In high school my best friend had a wagon. Not sure what years they were sold here but all the 69 GT's came into the USA by way of Canada, and of course after 73 they wouldn't pass the 5 mph bumper crash test. They were badged with GM and sold by Buick.

Hi everyone I'm new here, looks like I'm too late to vote for Opel but I really hope to see the models you guys mentioned available on GT especially the legendary 125kw Opel Kadett GSi 16v SuperBoss! (and maybe a Corsa ute because I drive one:-) Opel Corsa B ute 1.4i) Go Opel!!!!!!!! Go!, happy gaming.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm new here, looks like I'm too late to vote for Opel but I really hope to see the models you guys mentioned available on GT especially the legendary 125kw Opel Kadett GSi 16v SuperBoss! (and maybe a Corsa ute because I drive one:-) Opel Corsa B ute 1.4i) Go Opel!!!!!!!! Go!, happy gaming.

I love opel cars

old school Opels ara the best
FR drive:)

Welcome Jeffrey

I'm amazed to see the love for the brand is ongoing, it struggels and needs a better reputation. A top selling Sim/Racing Game franchise could make a difference, spread the word, e-mail/twitter/facebook Opel/Vauxhall and PD and tell them to get active!

Last edited:
I would love to see Vauxhall/ Opel on GT5 NCD :)

I probably sound a bit boring but the vauxhall/Opel senator B was great rear wheel drive fun. I think that the inclusion of the irmscher 4.0 or normal 3.0 would be great for drifting :) If you look on YouTube there are some great vids of them tearing around tracks. I always remember how my dad used to floor his down the dual carriage way when his was still on the road :) Great memories :)

I would agree to vote yes to Opel being in the PCD, providing they didn't just cover the Opel cars, seeing as its shared models with Holden and Vauxhall, so it would be good to introduce models like the VXR and the VXR Bathurst R8,

I'd also like to see Skoda, and maybe a tribute to SAAB in the premium dealers,

but the thing that annoy's me with GT5 is the OCD, I honestly thought the OCD was for standard versions of the forgotten cars from the previous GT games, or forgotten cars altogether, or cars that they were waiting for the licence to be finalized, because lets face it, we all GT was rushed into completion to be on the market to compete with Forza 3, which had they taken the time and published it properly imagine how much better it would be with updates now,

I would love to see Vauxhall/ Opel on GT5 NCD :)

I probably sound a bit boring but the vauxhall/Opel senator B was great rear wheel drive fun. I think that the inclusion of the irmscher 4.0 or normal 3.0 would be great for drifting :) If you look on YouTube there are some great vids of them tearing around tracks. I always remember how my dad used to floor his down the dual carriage way when his was still on the road :) Great memories :)
Doesn't sound boring to me at all.

Cool thanks Flaco_13. NCD Opel FTW! :)
👍 👍

I would agree to vote yes to Opel being in the PCD, providing they didn't just cover the Opel cars, seeing as its shared models with Holden and Vauxhall, so it would be good to introduce models like the VXR and the VXR Bathurst R8,

I'd also like to see Skoda, and maybe a tribute to SAAB in the premium dealers,

but the thing that annoy's me with GT5 is the OCD, I honestly thought the OCD was for standard versions of the forgotten cars from the previous GT games, or forgotten cars altogether, or cars that they were waiting for the licence to be finalized, because lets face it, we all GT was rushed into completion to be on the market to compete with Forza 3, which had they taken the time and published it properly imagine how much better it would be with updates now,
Vauxhall, Holden and Opel in the NCD, sharing the models they share IRL but leaving those seperate that aren't shared... VXR Bathurst R8 = Vauxhall & Holden, Firenza = Vauxhall only, and Manta = Opel only etc. Just no more none xisting cars like the Vauxhall Astra/Calibra Touring Cars, it only showed how little dedication PD had to these.

I agree, Skoda,SAAB or any othe Manufacturer, I wouldn't mind having KIA's or Daewoo/Chevys etc. then again exotics like Koenigsegg, Gumpert etc.

If only OCD was like that... oh man I couldn't wait for the next update to see if I might get a Vectra B, Corsa B, Astra G, Nissan Pulsar GTi, BMW 7 series (There was a 850 aswell if I'm not mistaken) Vector W8...

Opel Ampera anyone?
I'd love it, best with an RM option to compete with CRz and Prius TC

Omegator24V
An Irmscher C40SE would be soooo cool! Or the prototype of the Omega B Turbo! ;)

The c40se would so great! Such a shame the irmscher senator wasn't available here in the uk :( even so the c30se was still a great engine! So much torque :) must agree with the omega turbo too :) I just hope that polyphony are looking at this now and take all this on board lol

An Irmscher C40SE would be soooo cool! Or the prototype of the Omega B Turbo! ;)
prototype of the Omega B Turbo???
Omega B
om-b-a.jpg

I only know of a V8 Prototype (official Opel) wich, unfortunately didn't go into production because of an engine blowup at a testdrive they thought the LS1 engine wouldn't last full throttle 'Autobahn' rides over a long time. IMO that was just an excuse to hide the real issue on why it didn't go in production, those engines last very well, GM tests full throttle top speed runouts over very long distances for US market sells and also there where Corvettes and Cadillacs using this engine sold in Germany, they didn't have the problem either...

What prototype do you mean?

The c40se would so great! Such a shame the irmscher senator wasn't available here in the uk :( even so the c30se was still a great engine! So much torque :) must agree with the omega turbo too :) I just hope that polyphony are looking at this now and take all this on board lol
Amen brother!!!

Vauxhall doesn't appeal to me as I'm a Ford fanboy :sly:

Quite like the Astra GSI tho, side bonnet vents were pretty sweet :)

I still have problems to understand the argument to not want the main rival in the same game (not saying you did as you didn't exactly point out if you would want it in the game or not).

Lets say PD should decide to include the '12 Astra OPC/VXR in a DLC, the very next I would want them to do is to bring us the latest ST model Focus... I don't really need it, but I want to race against it...:dopey:

I agree with you i like a AWD tigra but!

The problem is that None game right now have physics machine who can simulate "right" a drive swap.i'm sure for this!!

(don't speak for forza because i laugh)

Neither the Gt5 physics can do this now..
That's why Gt5 don't have this feature..
That's why if hybrid a tigra to AWD is not a tigra..
But if you take only the power and weight of a vectra v6 into a tigra
I thing is better or closer to real life with Gt5 physics machine..
Sorry for my bad English..
I hope you understand me....

I search for the hybrid program but i can't find anything..

I don't like the 3000hp civic or the thousand of the hp..

But a tigra with v6 and 250 - 350 hp is perfect..
The 1.6xe have poor torque ...

I agree with you i like a AWD tigra but!

The problem is that None game right now have physics machine who can simulate "right" a drive swap.i'm sure for this!!

(don't speak for forza because i laugh)

Neither the Gt5 physics can do this now..
That's why Gt5 don't have this feature..
That's why if hybrid a tigra to AWD is not a tigra..
But if you take only the power and weight of a vectra v6 into a tigra
I thing is better or closer to real life with Gt5 physics machine..
Sorry for my bad English..
I hope you understand me....

I search for the hybrid program but i can't find anything..

I don't like the 3000hp civic or the thousand of the hp..

But a tigra with v6 and 250 - 350 hp is perfect..
The 1.6xe have poor torque ...

Yeah, no I agree with you in all of the above.
the program is not yet released, the makers want to wait until a new update comes out on GT5, wich patches the hybrids. Then those who want to use them will not install the last update. This way they prevent a miss-use of the hybrids online. So I did understand it from other threads.

Back