Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KinLM
Being choked by all the irony.

This thread might just need to be closed now. Any useful discussion has been shoved aside by angry users on different sides of the hybrid boundary line.

Now everybody's just getting mad at each other over something that PD more than likely aren't about to change.

I agree 100%.

As I told Team THRT Drift
Lock2Lock
Same here man. I am going to too if things do not change soon. I feel like I am having to constantly repeat myself. Then followed up by the assumptions followed by explaining again and again. It gets really annoying.

Remember that 2-3 Page argument is had with AiYuna? Well it turns out after I PMed her that she doesn't mind engine swaps and realistic mods like that. All because of a misunderstanding/assumptions it escalated that far.

The main problem is that people are so quick to make assumptions. Then words, tones, meanings get mixed up. If more people would actually ask a question like, "what did you mean?" or "can you elaborate on your post more, I didn't quite get what you meant". This might help out a lot.

Now, many people are just pissing each other off for no reason. Probably once again caused by a assumption/wording.

If we closed all the threads where people got mad at each other over something PD isn't likely to change, there wouldn't be much left:crazy:

Most threads like that at least have a modicum amount of purpose, whereas this one has just fallen. That's what I'm trying to say.

I really don't think this thread should be closed because it started off as a pretty good thread, plus I enjoy reading other people's opinions and views on the subject. Its the posts of useless jibber jabber that I have to go through to get to whats relevant to the original post that I can do without.

The amount of butthurt here is amazing :lol:

It's like 'live or die' to mark your point that you hate or love hybrids, you all should calm down it's a game.

Why bring legality into it anyway, not exactly illegal if I create and use hybrids offline right?

Offline is fine. If it was all offline, no one would have noticed, seasonals would still allow tuning and PD would not have started to patch the issue.

Its funny though im all for hybrids but I dont agree with them being online so the people complaining about them online have a point.

Having said that I had someone tell me im a dirty cheating hybridder even if I do it offline.... weird.

Stavingo
Well then someone was missing a few brain cells that day weren't they :lol:

But thats the whole thing most people who hate hybrids make so many assumptions without finding out what its all about.

Hell I have been guilty of that.

The amount of butthurt here is amazing :lol:

It's like 'live or die' to mark your point that you hate or love hybrids, you all should calm down it's a game.

Why bring legality into it anyway, not exactly illegal if I create and use hybrids offline right?

Legality not as in breaking the law but rather breaking the agreement we've entered when we signed up for online content and multiplayer. Not sure if you mean that but used in that sense the term 'illegal' is correct in this situation.

In the end of the day I could care less about people flaming about hybrids though, I had my wingless Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV with Zonda C12 S 7.3 engine swapped into it in 2.11, and now in 2.12 it got its wing back and gained 150bhp to reach stock LP670-4 SV power figures while keeping the Zonda sound, and I still cruise it around in public lobbies with friends who enjoy the cars for what they are just like me.

It's these grey zones (just think of the drifting community) where you can't just outright blame them for cheating or doing something bad when all we do is improving the game for us without hurting anyone (as in giving the car a better sound and look that we enjoy more). We're the people that mostly got hurt by 2.12, PD took away this new joy from us, while leaving the kids with their 5 billion HP cars and the cheaters with their hidden upgrades, tyres (racing super softs are even displayed as the car's stock tyres in lobbies now) and all the other crap stuff that came with save file modding in the game. So while it's still a game, yes we do have a reason to be angry.

Last edited:
Legality not as in breaking the law but rather breaking the agreement we've entered when we signed up for online content and multiplayer. Not sure if you mean that but used in that sense the term 'illegal' is correct in this situation.

In the end of the day I could care less about people flaming about hybrids though, I had my wingless Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV with Zonda C12 S 7.3 engine swapped into it in 2.11, and now in 2.12 it got its wing back and gained 150bhp to reach stock LP670-4 SV power figures while keeping the Zonda sound, and I still cruise it around in public lobbies with friends who enjoy the cars for what they are just like me.

It's these grey zones (just think of the drifting community) where you can't just outright blame them for cheating or doing something bad when all we do is improving the game for us without hurting anyone (as in giving the car a better sound and look that we enjoy more). We're the people that mostly got hurt by 2.12, PD took away this new joy from us, while leaving the kids with their 5 billion HP cars and the cheaters with their hidden upgrades, tyres (racing super softs are even displayed as the car's stock tyres in lobbies now) and all the other crap stuff that came with save file modding in the game. So while it's still a game, yes we do have a reason to be angry.

True, but now they shouldn't care cause most of the hybrids are gone now.

The drifting community loved hybrids, but most people on the drifting forum barely drift in seasonal events except gaining money, the points system is messed up anyway 👎

You're the one who came into the thread posting nothing else but vague flame bait. I don't see why you think you can do that, then turn around and complain about 1241Penguin's comparatively benign post, and then act surprised when people point out the irony.

I think you need to step back and check yourself. I didn't just "come into the thread posting nothing but flame bait". I've been involved in the thread before. You're the one making it into such. Again, a simple search would have showed you that. But thank you for making my original statement of this debate valid 👍

Moving along now.

You'd posted thrice in this thread:
You should come race with Mitch and I. We have a good group of people we race with regularly.
I seriously have watched that video like 10 times today :lol: great video Mitch 👍

And as detailed and exhaustive as all three of those posts are in regards to painting a picture of your posting history, you've already posted twice as much defending this comment that you made out of the blue in response to nothing in particular:
The dwindling intelligence on this site is astounding
So, again. Irony. Doubly so now, since you've continued to try to start a flame war by insisting the validity of your "it's posts like this that start flame wars" nonsense.

Last edited:
You'd posted thrice in this thread:

And as detailed and exhaustive as all three of those posts are in regards to painting a picture of your posting history, you've already posted twice as much defending this comment that you made out of the blue in response to nothing in particular:

So, again. Irony. Doubly so now, since you've continued to try to start a flame war by insisting the validity of your "it's posts like this that start flame wars" nonsense.

Must you guys (both of you) continue this petty squabbling? How about we agree to disagree and move along?

You claim I'm trying to start a flame war, when you're the one continually attacking me. I think you need to research the definition of irony.

You claim I'm trying to start a flame war, when you're the one continually attacking me. I think you need to research the definition of irony.
But thank you for making my original statement of this debate valid 👍

:lol:

Must you guys (both of you) continue this petty squabbling? How about we agree to disagree and move along?
I'm more amused by his need to defend his original comment than anything (especially after deeming the matter not worth his time twice). No skin off my nose, I suppose; though there's hardly anything really happening in this thread anymore to move along to. Just the same handful of people repeating the same points and the same people arguing against them.

Last edited:
:lol:

I'm more amused by his need to defend his original comment than anything (especially after deeming the matter not worth his time twice). No skin off my nose, I suppose; though there's hardly anything really happening in this thread anymore to move along to. Just the same handful of people repeating the same points and the same people arguing against them.

So you take one of my responses to you attacking me out of context to make it look like I'm attacking you :lol: :rolleyes:

Sorry your thread had to get overrun with this garbage Mitch. Leaving now before this get locked.

Being choked by all the irony.

This thread might just need to be closed now. Any useful discussion has been shoved aside by angry users on different sides of the hybrid boundary line.

Now everybody's just getting mad at each other over something that PD more than likely aren't about to change.

Agreed.. Way too much angry ganging arguments. 6 guys against one's opinion. Then theres the ones Like "HAH they are hurt because they got owned" Very good way to make them self look Pro/hardcore behind a computer.

Closure is need. Maybe a behavior refresher.

AiYuna
Agreed.. Way too much angry ganging arguments. 6 guys against one's opinion. Then theres the ones Like "HAH they are hurt because they got owned" Very good way to make them self look Pro/hardcore behind a computer.

Closure is need. Maybe a behavior refresher.

Or to many opinionated people who get the wrong idea.

Why do many people think this thread should be closed? If the contents of this thread bother you that much, direct your browser elsewhere! Take control of your own experience on GTP instead of relying on the mods to hold your hand and babysit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back