Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.. Way too much angry ganging arguments. 6 guys against one's opinion. Then theres the ones Like "HAH they are hurt because they got owned" Very good way to make them self look Pro/hardcore behind a computer.

Closure is need. Maybe a behavior refresher.

Oh the irony in this.:lol:

Irony because you started many of the arguments.:ouch:

Irony because you failed to refresh your own behavior.:ouch:

Irony because you fail to see the irony.:lol:

Enjoy GT5, have fun, thanks for reading.:)

Why do many people think this thread should be closed? If the contents of this thread bother you that much, direct your browser elsewhere! Take control of your own experience on GTP instead of relying on the mods to hold your hand and babysit you.

Remember, some people don't have something called "common sense."

Please don't start..

GTP_CargoRat
And here we go again with the arguing and insults.

Yeeepp.

Voodoovaj
I will help get us back on topic.

Another reason WHY the modding should still be allowed. Click the link http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/united-nations-of-car-culture-1jz-vw-caddy/

Because awesome cars start with the question...what if?

Ok the problem with this is. To be able to do cross manufacturer engine swaps (for what ever reason) hasn't been allowed in games. Like Forza it has same manufacturer swaps.

The only way to do what is in that link is to have the car already done up like that put into the game.

Ok the problem with this is. To be able to do cross manufacturer engine swaps (for what ever reason) hasn't been allowed in games. Like Forza it has same manufacturer swaps.

The only way to do what is in that link is to have the car already done up like that put into the game.

It hasn't been done yet because of the way the licensing contracts are written. But, the GT franchise has the cache to swing it if they wanted to. It's more detrimental to be out of the game than to be in it with engine swapping. That's my opinion.

I didn't start anything! I merely commented on the irony. How can you read me starting anything?:confused:

Have a nice day.:)

Come on "play", that was meant as a flame and you know it. The fact that you quoted him with your "irony" posts suggests as much. Nothing against you "play" as you are a friend of mine, but this is exactly how stuff gets started. You make an off-topic remark quoting someone, then they respond to it, then you respond back and it escalates from there. I know I haven't given my opinion or gotten into the discussion on the topic of this thread, but as I have said before, I enjoy reading others opinions/ideas but I hate having to read through all the useless posts to get to all of the relivant parts. Come on guys, can't we have a healthy discussion without all the name calling and mud slinging.

I didn't start anything! I merely commented on the irony. How can you read me starting anything?:confused:

Have a nice day.:)

Your comment just seemed a little provocative. People were just going along with the day and here you are saying "you fail to refresh your behavior." I just thought AiYuna would reply in defense, then boom - 3 page argument.

Is it time to take the lid off Yeats again yet Johnny? :sly:

Sounds good to me. Better than watching people argue...then argue about whether they are arguing or not..then point out that other people are arguing but they were right so it's different...then say they aren't arguing but pointing out that other people are...rinse and repeat...

I'll start off with something appropriate:

Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame!

Voodoovaj
It hasn't been done yet because of the way the licensing contracts are written. But, the GT franchise has the cache to swing it if they wanted to. It's more detrimental to be out of the game than to be in it with engine swapping. That's my opinion.

Yep. I agree. But sometimes that's just not how it is.

Incorrect. Read again. You should think before trying to start drama. Risk prevention. . . Grow up.

Lock2Lock
Yep. I agree. But sometimes that's just not how it is.

Yup, i agree with you guys on the way the licensing contracts are written. The head scratcher is why its doesn't apply to the real life like the 1JZ Caddy... Maybe PD should consider GT franchise as an ownership, similar to a car but with some "strings attached" to it. What do you think, Voodoo and Lock?

Not to start a fight, but you are not being mature, so stop posting here and instigating people.

Ironically, when in an argument, saying that you're mature and such is actually one of the more immature things you can do.

How about this contact a mod let them go over the thread and make a decision simple.

I have taken my own advise since I was 10. I'm told I'm mature for my age. What does that make you? :dunce:

Someone who doesn't know you? But all I said it's ironic. You're the one who made personal attacks, name calling and so on.

So again, irony, and take your own advice.:)

So maybe you guys should stop replying negatively to my comments. It would solve many of your own problems. There's a difference between being mature, and dealing with drama. In a long run all of the obstacles you face on on threads can help you be a better person. It's just up to you to decide how you want to react to them. Replying doesn't mean you're immature, It's the way you reply. Also no. Saying you're mature doesn't make you immature.. It's simply stating opinions. Big difference.

Someone who doesn't know you? But all I said it's ironic. You're the one who made personal attacks, name calling and so on.

So again, irony, and take your own advice.:)

I see you haven't given up trying to win a pointless argument.. It's starting to get very old. I notice a lot of you do it. Even worse you feel you must team up with others to try and take down a single opposition.. However that doesn't seem to be working now does it?

I don't need to explain myself to you. Mostly because I don't know or feel I should waste my time with you. My so-called personal attacks were retaliation (Returning fire). Don't start things if you can't handle the aftermath.

Do yourself a favor don't reply to anymore of my comments please thanks.

Yup, i agree with you guys on the way the licensing contracts are written. The head scratcher is why its doesn't apply to the real life like the 1JZ Caddy... Maybe PD should consider GT franchise as an ownership, similar to a car but with some "strings attached" to it. What do you think, Voodoo and Lock?

It will depend of precedence. Whatever MS did in the licencing deal for Forza will be the deal that they'll want for GT.

I don't know what's going on and I'm going to be honest, I don't really care. What matters is this: if I happen across another report involving this thread and the usual suspects, the thread gets locked. No questions asked.

Keep that in mind the next time another one of these senseless arguments break out.

I don't know what's going on and I'm going to be honest, I don't really care. What matters is this: if I happen across another report involving this thread and the usual suspects, the thread gets locked. No questions asked.

Keep that in mind the next time another one of these senseless arguments break out.

About time.

It will depend of precedence. Whatever MS did in the licencing deal for Forza will be the deal that they'll want for GT.

Well, you lost me there, Voodoo. But i understand the Forza deal part. Maybe i didn't describe it properly. What i mean is, i'm curious as to why the licencing deal for Forza and GT doesn't apply to real life engine swapping like the 1JZ VW Caddy. PD should have sold the copies of GT franchise, similar to a car ownership but without "strings attached", is what i meant. I mention in my post that PD should consider the GT franchise as an ownership with "some strings attached", just ignore that last part, Voodoo.

Last edited:
Because most manufacturers find it insulting to use other companies engines in their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back