Should the Veyron be in GT6

• Yes

Votes: 242 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 38 12.6%

• Total voters
Ergo, the existence of the T1 in real life doesn't mean anything for the feasibility of the X1 in real life.

Though I do suppose it does actually match up with Peguin's FGT argument.

They can have their own fun smashing into each other on SSR7.
How if the X1 is removed?

So what would make the X1 any more revelvant?
What? The cars from the future are not relevant. The X1 doesn't need to be any more relevant, it's the point of this discussion.

You say that the X1 is based on the several cars that you listed earlier. Simple question: has a car with the traits of all those cars been done IRL?
No, which doesn't matter especially since the FGT fails this test I'm pretty sure.

EDIT

Whoa there. I just take issue with claiming the T1 is a real life representation/starting point of the X1 when from a design standpoint it would be hard for them to be much more different. Don't pull me into that debate.

:lol:

Your loss lol

I'll try not to pull you in next time.

Whoa there. I just take issue with claiming the T1 is a real life representation/starting point of the X1 when from a design standpoint it would be hard for them to be much more different. Don't pull me into that debate.

Our all-carbon monocoque and bodied machine is outfitted with numerous aerodynamic aids including low-drag/high-downforce front and rear wing assemblies as well as a giant undertray diffuser. Aero work has been performed to the car's underbody as well, rather than a simple flat floor, there are two large tunnels to route air for even more performance-enhancing downforce.

The most advanced electronic driver aids have also been implemented: ABS, TCS, launch control and even EBD for optimized braking capabilities have all been incorporated.

The engine is a 3.5 liter DOHC V12 with afour valves per cylinder and a 60-degree V-bank angle. The engine can exceed 18,000 rpm and produces in excess of 888 HP. The block, pistons and cylinder heads are of aluminum, with hollow titanium valves that are actuated by pneumatic springs.

None of that is unique to the FGT, it's all been seen in F1 over the years.

None of that is unique to the FGT, it's all been seen in F1 over the years.

Which means Penguin should hate it. It wasn't on a single car.

By the way, there isn't much unique to the X1, hence all the cars I listed before.

Toronado
There are no "basics." You're not getting the issue here.

The X1 was designed to be the (theoretical) best of the absolute possible best in race car technology circa-2010, free of the limits imposed by Formula 1 regulations. The T1 was designed to take somewhat older Formula 1 technology and dull it down as little as possible in a road car adaptation. The end result is two cars that look similar to each other, but not for the same reason.
The intention wasn't the same, the design scope wasn't the same and the performance wouldn't be near the same. Just because the T1 looks somewhat like the X1 doesn't mean that it is the closest we can get in real life to the X1 (because that role is filled by actual F1 cars). Ergo, the existence of the T1 in real life doesn't mean anything for the feasibility of the X1 in real life.

Toronado
Whoa there. I just take issue with claiming the T1 is a real life representation of the X1 when from a design standpoint it would be hard for them to be much more different. Don't pull me into that debate.

The basic is flat floor, covered wheel, covered "cockpit" high downforce and high power to weight. The differences are big but the similarities are there. F1 are the same but are open wheeled racers with regulations on height, weight, length, engine output/capacity, aerodynamics (exhaust diffuser illegal etc) but combined the 2, through in 2J fans and a more powerfully engine = the x1
Design is still like even if performance isnt. Supercars perform like old racing cars but aren't alike, get me now.

The Red Bull is a simulation of what could happen in real life using technology currently available and using GT's game design and physics. Maybe in real life the tyres would wear out after one lap, but that doesn't stop the car driving for that one lap? I personally think it should be in GT6 as it fits perfectly with GT being 'the real driving simulator'. The Red Bull is a simulation of a potential car. A Group C car with a stage 3 turbo on it is a simulation of a potential car. I do not see the difference, neither car exists in real life (afaik there is no exact match to a stage 3 turbo, so there can't be a real car fitted with one).

Our all-carbon monocoque and bodied machine is outfitted with numerous aerodynamic aids including low-drag/high-downforce front and rear wing assemblies as well as a giant undertray diffuser. Aero work has been performed to the car's underbody as well, rather than a simple flat floor, there are two large tunnels to route air for even more performance-enhancing downforce.

The most advanced electronic driver aids have also been implemented: ABS, TCS, launch control and even EBD for optimized braking capabilities have all been incorporated.

The engine is a 3.5 liter DOHC V12 with afour valves per cylinder and a 60-degree V-bank angle. The engine can exceed 18,000 rpm and produces in excess of 888 HP. The block, pistons and cylinder heads are of aluminum, with hollow titanium valves that are actuated by pneumatic springs.

Actually it's ironic how the FGT is seemingly less accurately simulated than the X1, even in GT5.

Underbody tunnels? Are they blocked with spoilers? This car should be much faster than the F20XX cars, or at least it shouldn't be behind when it comes to corners.

Exorcet
Actually it's ironic how the FGT is seemingly less accurately simulated than the X1, even in GT5.

Underbody tunnels? Are they blocked with spoilers? This car should be much faster than the F20XX cars, or at least it shouldn't be behind when it comes to corners.

Think Red Bull Tried the tunnels this year but FIA said there an advantage and should be removed or blocked. And they had the exhaust vent at top to channel the gas to the spoiler last year, at least they try.

The similarities are superficial and aren't even shared by both cars for the same reason.

Off the top of my head, the T1 only has a plexiglass canopy as part of the "climate pack," a $37,000 optional extra that also adds air conditioning (remember that the Top Gear car didn't have one). The X1 has a plexiglass canopy because it is far easier to channel air over it than it is an open cockpit and creates far less drag for when the car is running at 280 MPH or whatever.

Toronado
The similarities are superficial and aren't even shared by both cars for the same reason.

Off the top of my head, the T1 only has a plexiglass canopy as part of the "climate pack," a $32,000 optional extra that also adds air conditioning. The X1 has a plexiglass canopy because it is far easier to channel air over it than it is an open cockpit and creates far less drag for when the car is running at 280 MPH or whatever.

Doesn't matter if it's for the same reason, it had the same effect. Think our point are on different tracks but going same way. Both have the plexiglass roof so that's a similar feature, T1 had limits but it's the closest thing (that's closest not CLOSE thing), talks of a racing version started but ended due to classification confusion etc, like delta wing, like Mazda furai (other than no wankel in Le man).

See you brought up top gear lol. Roofless is a fun car, roof is a track car. That's how I see it

T1 had limits but it's the closest thing
Not it is not. The closest thing to the X1 is a regular Formula 1 car. On a scale of 1-10 for performance, the X1 is a 10. A 2010 season F1 car is a 7. A Caparo T1 is either a 5 or a 6. Looking more like the X1 than a 2010 season F1 car does not make it more like an X1, and that makes it irrelevant to the discussion because the T1 is not the basis to be built from if you were to make a real X1.

...actually, this entire discussion is irrelevant, as this thread title quite clearly concerns the Veyron.

Take the X1-related bickering elsewhere, folks.

1241Penguin
Huh? Why should the Veyron only make it to GT6 if it could be RMed?

Ok it can be in even if it doesn't have an RM. I do think that an RM Veyron would be a welcome addition to the sim.

tpark103
Ok it can be in even if it doesn't have an RM. I do think that an RM Veyron would be a welcome addition to the sim.

So you mean like the works converted version of the veyron from shift 2?

I see a lot of hate, and love in the "What do you" and the "What dont you" want to see in GT6 threads. So I'm creating a poll for this specific car. Do you think the Veyron should be in GT6?

YES

but talking about the "vettel" I am not sure... :sly: that is a real hate-car for me!

YES

but talking about the "vettel" I am not sure... :sly: that is a real hate-car for me!

You seem to have cast a blind eye to the great Slipztream's remark stating that this thread is about the Veyron and only the Veyron. Nothing else.

In regards to the Veyron, I would say a comfortable Yes. I would like it to be in the game due to it being a landmark car, if you like, or as Top Gear proclaimed it as being the Car of the 00's, it would be a great shame if it wasn't in the game.

Obviously, people dislike the car for whatever reason that may be. But I don't think anybody could give a reasonable and viable reason for it to not be in GT6. (Aside from it being standard in GT5, of course :lol:)

You seem to have cast a blind eye to the great Slipztream's remark stating that this thread is about the Veyron and only the Veyron. Nothing else.

In regards to the Veyron, I would say a comfortable Yes. I would like it to be in the game due to it being a landmark car, if you like, or as Top Gear proclaimed it as being the Car of the 00's, it would be a great shame if it wasn't in the game.

Obviously, people dislike the car for whatever reason that may be. But I don't think anybody could give a reasonable and viable reason for it to not be in GT6. (Aside from it being standard in GT5, of course :lol:)

People dislike it as its the only one of its kind in the game, but real life, the veyron has many new rivals. If it had a class of its own then people wouldn't dislike it so much. (same with the X1, needs a mclaren or ferrari rival to give it a racing series)

People dislike it as its the only one of its kind in the game, but real life, the veyron has many new rivals. If it had a class of its own then people wouldn't dislike it so much. (same with the X1, needs a mclaren or ferrari rival to give it a racing series)

I can't get that at all. An all Veyron race isn't all that different from a Veyron + 15 random other cars race.

And in the case of GT, it's not hard to find things that will match or beat a Veyron. With tuning, there are a few 600-700 hp and beyond cars, and most of them come in way lighter than the Bugatti.

All it takes to give the Veyron rivals is to set up a room for 625 PP racing, or whatever the stock PP is for the Veyron.

I can't get that at all. An all Veyron race isn't all that different from a Veyron + 15 random other cars race.

And in the case of GT, it's not hard to find things that will match or beat a Veyron. With tuning, there are a few 600-700 hp and beyond cars, and most of them come in way lighter than the Bugatti.

All it takes to give the Veyron rivals is to set up a room for 625 PP racing, or whatever the stock PP is for the Veyron.

You dont get it. I was on about real life, not in game. 6 years ago, Veyron was the one and only, next closest was the f1/slr/enzo but now you got Ageras, Ultimate Aeros, Hauyras, the next Ferrari (F70) and the next Mclaren (P12). In the Game, the closest thing is the Zonda R which isnt the same type of vehicle. Veyron was the next step in cars but now theres more, so they should all be on GT6 in the Hyper Car category. Thats what i ment. ust like X1, if there were Ferrari/Mclaren/Lotus/Renault/Mercades design ones then it could be a futuristic F1 series for GT6 ownly.

or Even the AMS GTR Alpha 12, Uderground racing Aventador TT which both put out 1200hp

You dont get it. I was on about real life, not in game.

Real life or the game, it doesn't matter. The Veyron has been matched or beat by cars older than itself, that goes for road courses and in a straight line. And not having rivals still does not make the car pointless.

I understanding wanting rival cars, but the lack of them does not make the Veyron, or anything useless. Oddly enough despite talk like this I've seen a lot of positive feedback when people comment on bringing back the one make manufacturer races that were present in GT4 and previous.

I think a lot of people mistunderstand what the Veyron was meant to be, it was never meant to be an agile lightweight sportscar or supercar and the performance numbers it generates might be a reason for it being misunderstood as some people expect a completely different experience than it actually offers.

Think of it being more like a heavy and luxurious mid-engined GT capable of amazing things due to technology but never aimed to be a track car or easily converted into a racecar (is there even a Veyron racecar at all? don't think there is), unlike say a McLaren F1 or Enzo.
I'm not saying people should appreciate it but I think a lot of complaints are based on wrong assumptions and expectations.

Youngun
So you mean like the works converted version of the veyron from shift 2?

Not sure about the one in Shift 2, but seeing the RM cars in GT5 I can only imagine what the PD staff would do to this BEAST!

Exorcet
Real life or the game, it doesn't matter. The Veyron has been matched or beat by cars older than itself, that goes for road courses and in a straight line. And not having rivals still does not make the car pointless.

I understanding wanting rival cars, but the lack of them does not make the Veyron, or anything useless. Oddly enough despite talk like this I've seen a lot of positive feedback when people comment on bringing back the one make manufacturer races that were present in GT4 and previous.

I'm all for it to stay, never said I wasn't but people hate it due to it being better than most things. Really life around 4 tuned cars are fastest than the super sport but no road cars. Veyron was original orientation of a great manufacturer. I love one make races (an all veyron race with the different variations would be the most expensive) but having many hyper cars would be just as good. Would be better in a grid start though. But 16 cars all hypers cars and all different with veyrons, ageras, huayras etc with tuned gtrs, mp4s, aventadors etc and even a stock Ariel Atom V8 would be a great race compared to some of the current races pd have generated. but like someone said 2 posts ago, it's a great cruiser that can out run anything on the road not a track racer (climate control, dab cd player, heated seats etc)
Not arguing, just my opinion :)

tpark103
Not sure about the one in Shift 2, but seeing the RM cars in GT5 I can only imagine what the PD staff would do to this BEAST!

I'll see if I can get a pic of my old one off it

Back