Should there be a mode in GT which allows full access the all the cars immediately?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phantomzm
  • 165 comments
  • 10,565 views

Should there be an mode in GT which allows full access the all the cars immediately?


  • Total voters
    202
Messages
24
I can't be alone in feeling that all cars in the game should be immediately selectable in time attack mode(or some other mode), and provide some alternative avenue to buy cars(in order to tune them) to play online. After finishing the career mode many times over the many versions of GT, I am not as interested in the same career over and over again. At this point I see the career as just tedious barrier standing between me the cars I want to test. I want to try out all the cars in the game. I believe there are many series veterans who feel the same, those who get the game to really try out the new cars. With GT5 I just did not want to go through the tedious career yet again to unlock the cars, I just wanted to boot the game up and start testing any car I please. Polyphony Digital could/should increase the appeal of the game by making it more inviting to more groups of racers. I understand some need/want/love the career mode, but I think there should be an option for us who are tired of it.

Are you all ok with having to wash, rinse, repeat with every version of the game to even begin testing the cars you really want to test?
 
Of course, it would help close the gap between GT and full on simulators. I was hoping for some news on this, it would make GT6 an automatic buy for me just to support PD going in the right direction.

GT Mode is a waste of time, but PD still seems to want to force it on everyone.

Ideally you should be able to pop in the disk and do a 24 hr race with X1's or LMP's, or Subaru 360's.
 
At this point there's nothing to be discussed, considering GT6 is 100% done or in bug fixing state. No further features will be added so we'll see if there's an arcade mode or not, but PD's decision simply cannot be changed for GT6. Well, except for DLC cars and tracks immediate availability after Store purchase.
 
Last edited:
At this point there's nothing to be discussed, considering GT6 is 100% done or in bug fixing state. No further features will be added so we'll see if there's an arcade mode or not, but PD's decision simply cannot be changed for GT6. Well, except for DLC cars and tracks immediate availability after Store purchase.


Wrong, sir. They are actaully adding the full B-spec and full Course Creator with an update, and this is stated on their official website. If these monster features can actually be added in an update, then why are you thinking that ANY sort of feature/game mode could never be added?


Goodness, some of you make me so happy to be a positive person with an ever-expanding consciousness, for the life of a constantly-negative thinker must be as barren as the deserts of mongolia...
 
most definitely.
i mean, i understand there are SOME people who can use the PS3/PS4 whatever fun electronic thing only an hour maybe half an hour a day. with uber-cool stuff like GTA-series and GT-series, Forza-series etc. You should have the option of everything unlocked for a kind of 'Free Roam/Ride' option.
I am sure MANY, MANY, MANY people agree 101% but unfortunately the chances are slim that those kinds of persons browse GT forums and so on.
 
Wrong, sir. They are actaully adding the full B-spec and full Course Creator with an update, and this is stated on their official website. If these monster features can actually be added in an update, then why are you thinking that ANY sort of feature/game mode could never be added?


Goodness, some of you make me so happy to be a positive person with an ever-expanding consciousness, for the life of a constantly-negative thinker must be as barren as the deserts of mongolia...

Because changing arcade mode is a major change to the core of the game. Adding features is not as invasive, as in causing bugs, strictly game related issues such as being consistent with already taken game design decisions and whatnot.

Not every single thing can be changed in a game, especially a console game. That is one of the reasons why there are new games of the franchise, some entirely from scratch (GT4 to GT5) some as a improvements (GT5 to GT6), instead of just releasing one that will last 10 years; of course the other one being profit.

That is unless you can name one console racing game that has undergone such massive change without breaking the game in a meaningful way. Not addition, modification. GT5 does not backup your claim, considering all the aspects that were touched had sizable consequences to the point of having years of flawed physics and other bugs, plus GT mode and money balance is quite broken compared to 1.00 now that the online events turned it to be meaningless, especially A-spec which is the main mode of the game.


edit: Anyway, as a personal opinion I think the GT series should have a well made and comprehensive arcade mode (all or 99% of cars and tracks), just like all other racing games of the same business model. It's by far the most fun way to play people that just want to try the game or play for short periods of time, and happens to be mine as well. For that matter the Forza series has a great arcade mode.
 
Last edited:
Absolutely yes, T10 got it right. Not everyone wants to own every car and tune them or whatever. Some people just want to drive and I can only pray PD has put this archaic method of play behind them.
 
Yes, that would be a great idea! Especially for Arcade Mode, Drift Trails, and Time Trails. :) Hopefully we will be able to have this feature in the future.
 
A "Test Drive" option we could use in arcade mode is cool with me. Im not bothered unlocking cars in GT mode, but heck Test driving cars we'd purchase in the NCD should be optional too IMO.
 
Arcade mode should be a feature that'll help us access all of the cars in the game immediately, but PD only put twenty cars for arcade mode, which is poor. I hope they'll make us access all of the cars in the game in arcade mode in a future update.
 
The results are around 50/50.
What are the reasons against ?
I'm interested.
 
a big yes. but not in just one mode, in all game. i'd like to see the ingame economy turned off at gt6 and completly out of gt7. to me, ingame economies at a gt game are very boring, artificial, limiting and useless.
 
a big yes. but not in just one mode, in all game. i'd like to see the ingame economy turned off at gt6 and completly out of gt7. to me, ingame economies at a gt game are very boring, artificial, limiting and useless.
In the dealerships, if all cars were free, it's like you're stealing some cars.
 
In the dealerships, if all cars were free, it's like you're stealing some cars.
not to me, i paid real money for the game. day one, no price cuts!

and the way gt is, in dealership i feel like in real life, where i cant afford to buy most of those cars.
do i pay to have a game where its content is heavly blocked? whats the point of that?
cars make this game, without them... i have 140 cars at gt6, how many races would i have to repeat to buy all the ones id like to race with? ... boring ... its not workinh for me.
 
I do not have the expectation of a mode that would give everything from the start but I think that the cars and updates are too expensive in "post game".

I would expect that at some point, (it can be once you get gold in everything in career mode), all prices get divided by 5 or 10.

When you have already won everything, I do not see the fun in having to grind 1 ou 2 hours in Nascar to be able to buy and test a car.

This is some kind of Gran Turismo archaism that it would be great to get rid of.
 
NO.

Play the game (that is the main purpose) and after a while you will be able to buy all the cars you want.

Do you get to drive every car you want for free irl ?
I guess not. So the game simulates...

Be patient and have fun playing.

Btw: I did the career thing only once too...but still I have more than 800 cars, that is mainly all of them, except all the Miata and Skyline lookalikes, the Nascars and e few really ugly ones...;)
 
Arcade mode should be a feature that'll help us access all of the cars in the game immediately, but PD only put twenty cars for arcade mode, which is poor. I hope they'll make us access all of the cars in the game in arcade mode in a future update.
Thanks for bumping a 8 month old thread.
 
I think there should be a test drive option in the dealership. Where you get a free fun at one same track. That way you can know if you like a car before spending all the credits. I know you could perhaps back up the data and restore it etc, but I'd prefer it to be a feature of the game.
 
A Sandbox mode would be a wonderful addition to the series. I see no reason why access to driving any cars should be restricted. Why create 1200 cars and make people grind for credits to get access to them? Every car should be available to drive at any time in Arcade Mode, for online racing and in career mode if you want to. The only place it should be restricted is if you want to simulate a career and in that career manage your resources and be forced to simulate real life decision making.
 
Yes it should be possible to access all cars. I not even driving the 15, 20 million dollar cars like I used to in Gran Turismo 5 since the big money making methods are gone. I not feel like constantly grinding the X2014 Standard Championships. I spend a fortune in tuning cars to so it makes getting the super expensive cars impossible to get.


Yeah a Sandbox version of this game would be great! No challenges, no license tests unless you wanted to do some. Just the cars, tracks & other tools to play all available to you like the sandbox game Garrys Mod.
 
Last edited:
To me, there has to be a reason they dont do this. I mean if every car were available for one make races everyone would quit their job and play online till they died of starvation and crash the servers constantly in the process.
 
Once again, I do not have the time nor motivation to grind away for hours on end just to have the opportunity to purchase an overly expensive vehicle.

I don't know about anyone else but I bought GT6 to actually drive cars. You know, because driving game.
 
I got extremely fedup of Forza 4 because thgey were throwing free cars at me really fast and the free upgrades made it even worse. I dont want this to happen to GT.
 
I got extremely fedup of Forza 4 because thgey were throwing free cars at me really fast and the free upgrades made it even worse. I dont want this to happen to GT.
Same answer standard car supporters give - don't use them if you don't like them.
 
Access to them all, yes.

Limit money to start with though. Lets say, enough money for two cars that are eligible for the Sunday Cup .
 
yes yes YES. It makes absolutely NO sense that all cars are not available in arcade mode.
 
Back