Should there be a mode in GT which allows full access the all the cars immediately?

• Thread starter phantomzm
  • 165 comments

Should there be an mode in GT which allows full access the all the cars immediately?

• Total voters
There was a credit "glitch" on release, so there was effectively access to limitless cash. If you wanted access to all the cars you could have had it. Also, there was DLC credits and there still might be.

No and yes.

GT Mode must stay forever. But then make the Arcade mode huge and full open, with the option to use any car you want, any time.

Removing the UCD was already a terrible move. Killing the GT mode is killing GT. Car ownership is what make it stand out. Full on simulators are very boring in this aspect.

Anyway, all we need in Gran Turismo is options, for everyones tastes.

We don't need to lose anything.

No and yes.

GT Mode must stay forever. But then make the Arcade mode huge and full open, with the option to use any car you want, any time.

Removing the UCD was already a terrible move. Killing the GT mode is killing GT. Car ownership is what make it stand out. Full on simulators are very boring in this aspect.

Anyway, all we need in Gran Turismo is options, for everyones tastes.

We don't need to lose anything.
Agreed, options is the answer. It's also been one of PD's weak points in many ways. I just can't see them having mutually independent game modes with all cars available in one, seems to be too dramatic a break from GT tradition to me.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/all-cars-available-from-the-start-in-arcade-mode.310579/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/all-the-cars-in-the-game-useable-in-arcade-mode.310624/

I think all cars should be available from the start in arcade mode.
I don't mind having to acquire cars to play career events or online but it really sucks having to grind credits just to drive a few practice laps in time trial. One cannot earn credits in arcade mode, arcade cars cannot be customized, it makes no sense to have only 20 of 1200+ cars available in arcade mode.

FS7
I think all cars should be available from the start in arcade mode.
I don't mind having to acquire cars to play career events or online but it really sucks having to grind credits just to drive a few practice laps in time trial. One cannot earn credits in arcade mode, arcade cars cannot be customized, it makes no sense to have only 20 of 1200+ cars available in arcade mode.

Completely agree. GT mode is what thats for. Some of us though just want to drive cars as is, which arcade mode should allow. The months I spent, given the time I am allowed to play nowadays, just to earn $20mil to sample the 250 GTO is ludicrous.

I'm in favour of this. Allowing a game mode that lets you drive any car on any track is a great option for those who just want to drive. You can still buy your own cars and customize them as you want and put them in favorites like you can already.

Completely agree. GT mode is what thats for. Some of us though just want to drive cars as is, which arcade mode should allow. The months I spent, given the time I am allowed to play nowadays, just to earn $20mil to sample the 250 GTO is ludicrous.

I think it's good to have some expensive cars but 20 millions is definitely too high. It feels good to drive my 7.5 million Ferrari 250 SWB while the boys are all about stupid Veyrons. I worked hard for it and it's worthy every Cr. I'm saving for the GTO but its really too high.

I do not see any negative side to having all cars available in arcade mode (but with no set-up or upgrade).

I also think that no car should cost more than one hour of post game money grind (best s class grind race).
For GT6, it means more or less 3 million cr.

Last edited:
Make it like Forza 5's free play mode. All cars available for you to use. You won't get any XP or Credits for "renting" a car, but it'll at least give you a sample of how the car's like.

Of course there should, you should also get all the trophies, awards, paints and everything else at the press of a button...I mean, why bother playing the game :boggled:

You're missing the point. I mentioned this before, my niece loves racing games & enjoyed playing my old GT4 on the PS2. I bought her a PS3 and a copy of GT6. After a day of updating thanks to my parents slowwww internet I finally got it set up for her. Then I hand her the controller. Wait where are the cars? I realize I have to now play the GT mode and grind out credits so I can then purchase a car she wants to drive. She got really bored sitting there while I tried to get some quick credits. How completely stupid is this? There should be an arcade mode with all cars available, period.

I do understand the videogamey-I-own-this-virtual-car side of this. I love GT mode, I love buying cars and filling up my garage. Heck, in GT4 I used to buy multiples of each car so I'd have all the colors in my garage! :lol: But sometimes I have a friend over and we just want to pick a car and race and it sucks when the car you want to drive isn't available. In fact, in my opinion, I believe GT4 was the best single player GT game and it had a separate arcade mode with a ton of cars available right from the start. It didn't hurt GT4 at all having this option! :confused:

Seems to me like it would devalue the game quite a bit, and certainly make a mockery of the idea of having a garage at all.
It wouldn't, you'd still need to acquire the cars to use in career/online. Having all cars unlocked from the start in arcade mode wouldn't have any effect on people who prefer to earn & collect cars in career mode, but it would allow people to test drive any car at any track before they buy it make the game more enjoyable for people who care about driving and not about grinding credits in a poor career mode with bad AI.

I realize I have to now play the GT mode and grind out credits so I can then purchase a car she wants to drive.
And to make things even worse the game save is locked, which is totally stupid imo.

I think the better solution would be to introduce a mode, where you would get credits or other currency periodically over time, similarly like the bonus system now: every X days you get 'money/credits/tickets/whatever' and you can purchase/get any car you want. This way, over time, you would have all cars in your garage

The whole period could be year/2 years or smth like that.

No need to grind for money, you just play the game how much you want, whenever you want, and you fill your garage with cars.

Seems to me like it would devalue the game quite a bit, and certainly make a mockery of the idea of having a garage at all. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but things don't feel as satisfying when they haven't been earned.

This. Sorry, I'm just hard-wired to have to work for stuff like that. Kills the surprise and the anticipation when I can just walk right into a Ford GT40 or Ferrari 330 like it's no big deal. As @diegorborges said though, 20 million is much too high.

No - whats the point in completing the game then? much less people would complete the 100%...

But what they should do is increase the money rewards much more, because if you had to grind to buy all the expensive cars, its ridiculous. I am proud I did the Merc VGT glitch.

I want an arcade mode like GT4's, but not ALL of the cars should be accessible like that. It ruins the point of progression in the game.

There is basically no point of Career mode anymore because of the idiotic AI and the long and tedious hours of grinding for credits, I simply cannot take it anymore that there isn't a mode for limitless credits or at least an Arcade Mode with all cars available from the start. PD! Listen to us!

I've posted this graph already, but this will just describe the chances of how likely this mode is going to be in the game:

Attachments

• ab7jy.png
    ab7jy.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 6
I want an arcade mode like GT4's, but not ALL of the cars should be accessible like that. It ruins the point of progression in the game.

Arcade mode has nothing to do with progression, its just there to have fun, hence the name arcade mode. I get what people are saying about earning cars and all of that, and thats why there is a GT mode where you can compete and earn money, and collect and tune the cars you buy, which will acquire mileage, wear and tear and all the things that go with owning a car.

All arcade mode is meant for is driving a car around a track, you can't do anything else with it. And to me, its the perfect way to test drive a car before spending all your hard earned credits on a car that you might actually end up hating to drive.

A separate Career Mode witha separate garage dedicated just to the Career Mode solves any issues with acquiring cars under the classic approach to GT gaming. For the rest of us that don't care about offline racing just give us the cars and let's us do what we bought the game for - drive cars and race when we want, where we want.

What I'm saying is, if people would have the cars for free they wouldn't bother doing the offline races to get money.

How do you know? It just sounds like you're taking how you feel and applying it to everyone else. If people had to play career mode in order to customize, tune, and upgrade cars, then there's still purpose in it. And personally, that wouldn't be my only reason to play career mode. I also play it because it allows me to do races and events that aren't possible in arcade mode.

No - whats the point in completing the game then? much less people would complete the 100%...
No really. I unlocked all the races in GT6 in 4 days winning the minimum amount of races to unlock the license tests and the following career section. Once one has unlocked the Red Bull races there's no need to play regular career races and complete everything, one can simply replay the Red Bull races to get money quickly and acquire the cars.
Having all cars available from the start in arcade mode wouldn't change any of that. People who want to collect & customize cars would still do so, people who want to grind Red Bull races and get all the cars quickly would still do so.

Not everyone cares about game completion or trophies, some of us simply want to have fun driving our favorite cars. PD made a stupid decision making only 20 cars available in arcade mode, and also made another stupid decision not allowing players to select any car from their garage and stockyard in arcade mode. We're limited to only 100 cars in a very poorly designed favorites list that doesn't allow players to sort/search cars in any way.

How do you know? It just sounds like you're taking how you feel and applying it to everyone else. If people had to play career mode in order to customize, tune, and upgrade cars, then there's still purpose in it. And personally, that wouldn't be my only reason to play career mode. I also play it because it allows me to do races and events that aren't possible in arcade mode.
I'd take it a step further. Career Mode should be so much fun, so immersive, so challenging that we should want to compete in it for its own merit. I've been going through the Gid Auotsport Career and haven't won a single car and don't care because the race itself is the reward. The reason GT needs prize cars to begin with is that without them there'd be no reason to play the career mode to begin with.

Latest Posts

Back