Should we be able to test drive cars before purchase? (give feedback)

Should we be able to test drive cars before purchase in gtsport?

• Yes

Votes: 78 66.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
United States
United States
killstreakr
Sorry if someone has already created a question like this or posted a related thread. I tried looking it up on the gtplanet forums and nothing showed up. Anyways, I just do not see why gts doesn't have the option to test drive cars ESPECIALLY since now there is the very controversial micro-transactions.

I'd welcome the idea but I don't think that would make any difference.
i think it would save a lot of money. I just bring this up because i bought that really expensive ford gt40 for an official n400 race only to find out it has 4 gears and has a very low low top speed compared to the other cars in the class. I sold it because I wanted at least a little bit of my credit back. Very sad I was. Plus I dont have a lot of time to grind for those credits because of school and work, a lot of us do, I believe.

Mine's on my garage collecting dust, never drove it and probably never will, got it on a that daily roulette thing.

I wish cars acquired like that could be sold for some money.
Then the people who just dumped them would complain that their cars were wasted.
I think giving 250 Mileage points for every gift car sold would be a nice compromise. I can gain a few thousand Mileage while cleaning my garage.

I think having to grind credits to “purchase” cars is a waste of time. All the cars should be available from the moment you start the game. If a person buys the game to take a Ferrari GTO for a spin around Brands Hatch, they shouldn’t have to waste who knows how many hours grinding 20mil credits, just because that’s the car they happen to be interested in, whilst the person who bought the game to drive a Honda S660 can do so right from the word go.

It’s an archaic system that’s only real function is to add false replay value.

Mileage points to upgrade performance, buy wheels, poses, etc, that’s cool - but putting a select number of cars behind a grind wall is stupid.

I’d also be ok with some of the PD fantasy cars, eg the Amusing S2000, being locked behind some type of achievement or accomplishment, like all gold on licenses or challenges, something like that.

Honestly though, I’m at the point where I think I will purposely not buy or drive the stupid expensive cars in GT, just as a protest in case someone is actually watching the numbers. If I want to drive a Mark IV GT40, I’ll do it right now in PCARS2, no grinding, and be able to drive it on actual era appropriate circuits.

PD needs to get with the times and update the basic game structure.

Mine's on my garage collecting dust, never drove it and probably never will, got it on a that daily roulette thing.

I wish cars acquired like that could be sold for some money.
Agreed, but I don’t understand why such garbage exists in the game anyway! :lol:

BRING BACK DELTAWING!

We can test drive cars in real life before buying them, so I think we should also be able to do it in the real driving simulator.

👍

This is the first GT game where there are cars I just can't own. Every other game there was a way, by selling gift cars, online login bonus, seasonals, a certain race that gifts it with a 1/4 chance etc.

Online things are tough because you are racing other people. Offline should be fun, the races are easy but a challenge for beginners and people learning the game, the penalties are non existent but they introduced a grind for certain cars which is frankly really pompous and unnecessary. I believe the only reason they have done this is because they don't have enough cars.

I don't mind not being able to test drive, if I could just afford them.

Totally disagree , because this is Gran Turismo way.
But why? Why is it the way? Why is mind numbing grinding for a fancy skin such an intgral part of the game franchise?

What value does grinding add to the game? How does it help sales figures, on online population?

People put up with the grinding for the very reason you stated, “because that’s the way it’s always been”. Do we really need to have a convo about why “that’s the way it’s always been” is an absolutely terrible justification of the status quo.

In general terms, Sport Mode has been an utter failure, there’s more competition in terms of racing games on the market than ever before, even general activity on this website has progressively declined since GT5. How many more itterations of GT with the exact same credit grind to unlock the exact same unaccurately modelled cars can there be? At some point, PD will need to realize that they can’t survive on legacy purchase fanboys alone, and get with the times and adjust their basic game format like most other racing games have.

But why? Why is it the way? Why is mind numbing grinding for a fancy skin such an intgral part of the game franchise?

What value does grinding add to the game? How does it help sales figures, on online population?

People put up with the grinding for the very reason you stated, “because that’s the way it’s always been”. Do we really need to have a convo about why “that’s the way it’s always been” is an absolutely terrible justification of the status quo.

In general terms, Sport Mode has been an utter failure, there’s more competition in terms of racing games on the market than ever before, even general activity on this website has progressively declined since GT5. How many more itterations of GT with the exact same credit grind to unlock the exact same unaccurately modelled cars can there be? At some point, PD will need to realize that they can’t survive on legacy purchase fanboys alone, and get with the times and adjust their basic game format like most other racing games have.
If you do not like the Gran Turismo format, please play other racing games because the Gran Turismo format will not change. By the way I don't mind grinding for cars :).

If you do not like the Gran Turismo format, please play other racing games because the Gran Turismo format will not change. By the way I don't mind grinding for cars :).
Ahh the classic GT fanboy response lmao. Just as pathetic as your accusations of harassment in the other thread (or your agreement with accusations of harassment).

I play lots of games, GT is one of them. Does it make you upset that I point out things in GT which other games do better? Does this hurt your feelings?

I’m glad you enjoy grinding, but why does everyone else have to?? Give me a reasonable explanation for what kind of value grinding adds to the game, and why it should be forced on a majority of the game’s population who do not enjoy grinding (or have time for it).

Come up with something better than “it’s always been like that,” or “go play another game”. Try to use some actual intellect and logic, and not just regurgitate what every brain dead PD fanboy on this website has repeatedly spat out for years upon years.

Ahh the classic GT fanboy response lmao. Just as pathetic as your accusations of harassment in the other thread (or your agreement with accusations of harassment).

I play lots of games, GT is one of them. Does it make you upset that I point out things in GT which other games do better? Does this hurt your feelings?

I’m glad you enjoy grinding, but why does everyone else have to?? Give me a reasonable explanation for what kind of value grinding adds to the game, and why it should be forced on a majority of the game’s population who do not enjoy grinding (or have time for it).

Come up with something better than “it’s always been like that,” or “go play another game”. Try to use some actual intellect and logic, and not just regurgitate what every brain dead PD fanboy on this website has repeatedly spat out for years upon years.

[Citation Needed]
Hahahahaha you think a majority of GT’s population enjoy grinding.

How’s the weather in your universe today?

God you PD fanboys will defend everything, even grinding. It’s insane lmao.

Edit:
So you literally came up with nothing other than, “because the format won’t change”...

Have you been playing GT since GT1?? Plenty about the format has changed over the years, just not the aspect of grinding.

Sport Mode is a MASSIVE change in the format of GT. Mileage Exchange is another massive change to the format new to GTS....c’mon man!

Fancy another go at using your brain, or are you done for today?

You're not everyone.

:censored:ing blazing hot. Not enjoyable.

I wasn't defending it. But it's cool to see someone throw around insults for no reason. Feels like the GT5 days all over again.

Edit:

So you literally came up with nothing other than, “because the format won’t change”...

Have you been playing GT since GT1?? Plenty about the format has changed over the years, just not the aspect of grinding.

Sport Mode is a MASSIVE change in the format of GT. Mileage Exchange is another massive change to the format new to GTS....c’mon man!

Fancy another go at using your brain, or are you done for today?
Just grow up for a change mate, grinding will not change in Gran Turismo.

You're not everyone.

:censored:ing blazing hot. Not enjoyable.

I wasn't defending it. But it's cool to see someone throw around insults for no reason. Feels like the GT5 days all over again.
I’m not everyone, and neither are you. I don’t like grinding, you seem to not mind it. Where do you think the other millions of people who bought the game lye? Do you think a majority (more than 50%) of the player base actually enjoys grinding? You need actual statistics to figure it out?

Here’s a hint, it’s called GRINDING for a reason, because it’s grinding, not actually enjoying the game. If it wasn’t a grind (which implies a negative experience), people wouldn’t call it grinding.

And “fanboy” is an insult now? No wonder you think I’m harassing people in the other thread :lol: how about instead of fanboy, I label the three of you “people who really like GT but don’t take too well to others pointing out it’s flaws”? Is that PC enough for you?

Just grow up for a change mate, grinding will not change in Gran Turismo.
Care to explain why seeking a change in basic format of the game, to bring it more in line with other titles in the genre, constitutes me being immature (hence needing to “grow up”).

Anyone with half a degree of intellect will read the convo we’ve had hear and in the other thread, and clearly be able to tell who needs to do the growing up.

Now, do any of you three, Ford, Dino, or Penguin, have anything constructive or productive to add to the conversation of whether or not grinding should be in GT games, or are you just going to continue to repeat the same drivel over and over again?

I’m not everyone, and neither are you. I don’t like grinding, you seem to not mind it.

You're right. And also right, I'm not particularly bothered by it. Sure I'd like the cars a little cheaper but I'll get to them eventually so it's whatever.

Where do you think the other millions of people who bought the game lye? Do you think a majority (more than 50%) of the player base actually enjoys grinding? You need actual statistics to figure it out?

It's hard to say, we would need statistics. Anything else is just assuming.

And “fanboy” is an insult now? No wonder you think I’m harassing people in the other thread :lol: how about instead of fanboy, I label the three of you “people who really like GT but don’t take too well to others pointing out it’s flaws”? Is that PC enough for you?

Third time you're grouping me into something I never stated to be for or against until this post. And yes, throughout the entirety of the word "fanboy"'s existence it has been an insult.

Latest Posts

Back