Should we be allowed to import cars from GT5 to GT6?

• Thread starter alexlam24
  • 37 comments

alexlam24

(Banned)
Hong Kong
Pa/ America
alexlam24
I think we should since most people here have a lot of replicas and such, so if GT6 is on PS3 we should be allowed. They did it with gt for psp

Nah, the main reason being, to start all over again, rebuild your whole collection. I have collected all the cars in GT5(excluding special edition chromes and stealths), for the first time in any GT game i have all the cars, and more, and because of it, the game has lasted me for more than a year.

Another reason being, you would then be able to just bring in any car from GT5, and never have to buy any car from the GT6 dealership to do any race, and just collect cars, defeating the whole purpose and the whole fun aspect of collecting cars in GT games.

Sure, it wasn't great grinding races in GT5, but hopefully they will get their act together in GT6.

Now, i wouldn't mind if it was an option, but for this kind of feature should be way down the list of things to implement.

Nah, the main reason being, to start all over again, rebuild your whole collection. I have collected all the cars in GT5(excluding special edition chromes and stealths), for the first time in any GT game i have all the cars, and more, and because of it, the game has lasted me for more than a year.

Another reason being, you would then be able to just bring in any car from GT5, and never have to buy any car from the GT6 dealership to do any race, and just collect cars, defeating the whole purpose and the whole fun aspect of collecting cars in GT games.

Sure, it wasn't great grinding races in GT5, but hopefully they will get their act together in GT6.

Wise words. Totally agree. 👍

(Maybe just import the stealths) :sly:

I think we should since most people here have a lot of replicas and such, so if GT6 is on PS3 we should be allowed. They did it with gt for psp

Unless I did something wrong, that only translated to unlocking for arcade mode, in which case, I wouldn't have a problem with it. In the serious career stuff, you definitely shouldn't carry the collection.

Even better, start GT6 with an option to have all cars unlocked with infinite credits.

Though I guess car transfer would be the next best thing. Even if GT Mode is made more enjoyable it barely has any chance of matching online mode. And PD owes us for not letting us transfer from 5P to 5.

Nah, the main reason being, to start all over again, rebuild your whole collection.
All you do is say no when it asks to transfer. That's it. I don't want to slog through GT Mode just because you want to collect cars and I'm sure you don't want a free platter of 1000 cars just because I do.

That is, if it was any fun to start with. A very personal opinion.

but for this kind of feature should be way down the list of things to implement.

I honestly think it's of very high importance. It would help make GT less of a game and more of a sim.

Even better, start GT6 with an option to have all cars unlocked with infinite credits.
This would ruin any fun in the game. Offline and online...

You could just pick a car from the dealership (if not already in the garage), and fully modify it and go race.

Where is the challenge in that?

Isn't it more fun building your way up from nothing?

You could just pick a car from the dealership (if not already in the garage), and fully modify it and go race.
Yes, that's the point.

Where is the challenge in that?
Where isn't it. If a game needs to force you to earn money to be difficult, it was poorly designed.

The point of this is to skip GT Mode to go race online with people where the racing is good. It doesn't matter in the slightest if your first car is an X1 because as soon as you step into online where hosts have properly set up rooms, the only place where you will be able to drive your car is in an X1 room and you won't have any advantage at all.

Racing is about racing, not money. GT Mode with credit grinding allows you to have an underpowered car when you're broke and an overpowered car when you're rich. Get rid of money, and proper racing and difficulty is automatically set, and it's far better than any previous GT to boot.

Isn't it more fun building your way up from nothing?
No. I'm not surprised that my best games tend to have nothing to do with credits, unlocks, or achievements. These games are also high end simulators.

I think what's far more likely to happen is that either a pre determined amount of money or something will transfer from 5 to 6 as you could do from GT3 to GT4.

Where isn't it. If a game needs to force you to earn money to be difficult, it was poorly designed.
Wasn't speaking of it forcing to be difficult to earn money.
Im just saying that I feel its alot better when you start of with nothing, and have to race with lower end cars and earn your way up to the higher end cars.

No. I'm not surprised that my best games tend to have nothing to do with credits, unlocks, or achievements. These games are also high end simulators.
Well, that's your opinion and I respect that, I just don't agree when it comes to GT series. :)

Well, that's your opinion and I respect that, I just don't agree when it comes to GT series. :)
This is why I favor options; this transfer or cars should be optional to satisfy all parties.

Wasn't speaking of it forcing to be difficult to earn money.
Im just saying that I feel its alot better when you start of with nothing, and have to race with lower end cars and earn your way up to the higher end cars.

I don't see what difference it makes in terms of enjoyment or difficulty. The faster cars aren't better than the slower ones, the same goes for their respective events. 200 hp racing can be as competitive as F1, all that matters is that the cars have closely matched performance and the drivers have similar skill. The actual performance level of the cars is nearly trivial. I think it's sometime unfortunate that difficulty is artificially tied with speed in racing games.

But as you said, it's an opinion, and everyone should be able to do as they please.

I rather have my gt5 cars stay on gt5 and start fresh with gt6. Only because it would me more fun collecting all the new cars.

Or you could have it just for arcade mode.

If GT6 actually comes out for the PS3, then yes I'd support the idea of being able to tranfer cars over from GT5 into your GT6 file. However, what could be done is that you could only import cars from GT5 to GT6 if you have enough credits/have a high enough rank (If the ranking system comes back, of course) to actually buy them.

Just an idea, but I think it could be one that's relatively fair. Thoughts?

No because little kids will import their X2010's and X2011's from the previous game and start trolling the game on the day of release. It's best to have to start from nothing so at least the game won't be ruined by five year olds in fast cars so soon.

I feel that it should be like previous GT games... so if you have GT5, you can start GT6 with a bonus (most likely some extra money to spend on your first car)

I liked the GT3-GT4 upgrade. Transfer credits, up to 100,000. Not enough to get you far beyond any of the first races, but at least a "Thank You" for spending some time in the other game.

I dont think you should be able to import cars. It kind of defeats the purpose of collecting all the cars. It's kind of like cheating in my opinion. I do think people who played GT5 and are level 40 should be awarded special cars for their loyalty, like unicorn cars in forza.

But then again, little kids/trolls would import the X2010's/X2011's and start trolling on the day of release.

How? Assuming PD doesn't decide to intentionally ruin the game by taking away room restrictions and making the X1 automatically ram other cars.

Yes, I think you should be able to transfer cars from GT5 to GT6 because you spent all the time finding the rare cars and cars you like in GT5 that they may not have in GT6.

I don't see why not because I'll bet you the difference between GT5 and GT6 will be the same but improved variety and different tracks but he physics will almost be the same.

I don't think that is a good idea. First, the replicas people made (such as Gallardo superleggera, BMW M3 GTS etc.) should be made more exact in GT6, as we (hopefully) have a livery editor and still, some bodykits.

And second, importing cars will make the start off very easy and thus, not competitive. Although this is my opinion, I think many others share this thought.
As an alternative we should have a little extra cash from GT5 to GT6, and maybe that's even too much.

I don't see why they can't let you import your cars. Strange as it may sound to most of the people against the idea, some of us only use GT5 for racing. We couldn't care less about collecting cars. If your interest is only in collecting cars then all you would have to do is not import anything. Why force the people who just want to use the game as a racing "sim" to do all the monotonous crap just to be able to race? Having the ability to import cars wouldn't hurt anyone except the people who only want to race, quit trying to force your idea of how the game should be played on everyone else.

I don't think that is a good idea. First, the replicas people made (such as Gallardo superleggera, BMW M3 GTS etc.) should be made more exact in GT6, as we (hopefully) have a livery editor and still, some bodykits.
Just import and continue modifying them.

And second, importing cars will make the start off very easy and thus, not competitive. Although this is my opinion, I think many others share this thought.

Well honestly, it doesn't matter how easy the start is, because someone else having an easy time won't change your game at all so that's not really a reason to be concerned. Also, the game shouldn't be any easier as no matter how much money you have or how many cars you own, you still need to match the rules for the race to compete. Imagine someone starting GT5 with max credits and every car. Would that make the FGT championship, NASCAR series, etc any easier? No they still to pick a competitive car.

That GT5 did not ensure competitive racing was a flaw, the credit system does not help because you can just grind your way to a better car than the competition.

GT6 should let you import everything (and I'd also like if you could just start with everything available in unlimited quantities), if you want, and also race rules for every race. They would be optional, but by not entering a car that complies with the rules, you can't win any GT5 trophies or increase your percent complete status.

FoxyRossy

As an alternative we should have a little extra cash from GT5 to GT6, and maybe that's even too much.

True. Maybe let us import a maximum of 10 cars? With some sort of restriction though. 2 super cars and 8 normal cars (Suzuki swift, ek9)

I liked the GT3-GT4 upgrade. Transfer credits, up to 100,000. Not enough to get you far beyond any of the first races, but at least a "Thank You" for spending some time in the other game.

This.

Back