Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,359 comments
Since we had 2 break-ins in the street behind our house in the last 2 months, I decided that it was time for a false sense of security.

$_86.JPG
That doesn't look like a handgun at all.

Need to see how it performs when it's behind glass
If it's anything like the one I have pointed through glass at my garage door, you won't see anything except a black and white image of either the camera or whatever is next to the camera. The ones I have outside look pretty good at night, though.

A ticket to see Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress in November, because it may be the last time he plays Dream Theater music. And if his departure from DT has taught me anything, it's how much of a difference he makes as the Flying Colors album I bought sounds more like Dream Theater than Dream Theater have in the last five years.

buy.png

Also a 1/43 Alpine Celebration concept, because why not? A very hard to find (and underrated) Magnum CD, along with one of Bruce Dickinson's solo albums.

Monuments.png

And finally I pre-ordered Edguy's new 25th Anniversary thing. It's a compilation, but with a whole lot of new stuff. It's like an EP; live CD; DVD, and book in one package. Why have I bought so much crap you may wonder. Because I haven't spent any money for quite awhile, so I decided to spend money to make myself feel better about existing. Yay. Though to be fair, I spent it over the course of a month or so, the Magnum CD took nearly 50 days to get here. Which is ridiculous.

Decided to get a dedicated Keyboard & Mouse for my Apartment in Montreal. So i'll leave this there. Maybe time to try what the whole RGB thing is about. Next thing to buy is Monitor.

I told myself i would never buy RAZER... welp.. i failed.

rzr_firefly_gallery-4.png

73fd30c324195737bc2fc2659910e5a0-razer-mamba-te-colors.png

razer-ornata-chroma-gallery-02.png

Last edited:
Decided to get a dedicated Keyboard & Mouse for my Apartment in Montreal. So ill leave this there. So i only have to bring my desktop and thats it. And maybe time to try what the whole RGB thing is about. Next thing to buy is Monitor.

Hopefully the Keyboard and Mouse will help prevent rendering spurious Nouns with uppercase initial Letters.

.. and maybe even render "ill" properly as "I'll".

I go to the junkyard a lot, as you can probably tell.

Carrozeria rear parcel shelf sub-woofer and tweeter thingies. Super popular modification in the 90s and early 00s in Japan. Grabbed them out of an S14. I couldn't really believe my eyes when I saw them!

20170715_183755.jpg

EG Civic parking pole

20170715_181523.jpg

Also grabbed a Gathers CS-498 disc player and a flare holder for an EG.

Excellent. I'll wait and see how GTS turns out, if that tickles my shickles, I'm buying that thingy and a Raspberry too.
Sorry for late reply but after receiving it last week and trying it out on GT Sport, it actually worked!

The only thing that didn't work is the red knob dial on my DFGT but I'm not sure if it's because of GT Sport or my configuration fault here.

Picked up this... Ehm... gem today. My father in law was letting it go cheap. As you can see, it's got some issues. The owner before my father in law owned it did some hack weld job on the leaf spring shackles for some reason. That left the axle angled to the point that the trailer drove a solid foot out to the right. Interesting trip down the interstate to be sure. Not to mention lots of other bent things and scab work.
My plans are to make a camping/kayak trailer out of it. I'll be sure to be posting some progress in the DIY thread. IMG_20170716_190504234_HDR.jpg IMG_20170716_190531472.jpg IMG_20170716_190514584.jpg

Then there is this little guy that he let me have for free. Seems to be an old self made trailer utilizing an axle from an old model T maybe? Not sure, but it is very old. It appears someone welded up the "knuckle" assembly to the king pin, made a frame from some 1 inch angle iron and attached the leaf springs to it. All in all, not a bad job. But the hub's bolt pattern (5x4 3/4) is problematic, and the tires to fit those "classic" 14x6 rims arent found in the cheap trailer tire rack. I'll get it sorted out later. Probably use some military looking Cokers style tires. Not a bad pick up all around though.
IMG_20170531_073539631_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Bassoon swab
81I%2BxKETcTL._SL1500_.jpg

Two bassoon reeds
51PeDp76xeL._SY679_.jpg

A reed case, a couple of music books (cello and bassoon), a cheap pair of headphones and 30 sheets of carbon transfer paper for the theater room project.

8124j7%2BmLFL._SL1500_.jpg

Looking through my Amazon order list, apparently I have bikini bottoms on their way, too. :lol:

71sWanFErxL._UL1500_.jpg

Edit: Holy huge pictures, Batman!

Pdpkeyfeature-sm-g930vzdavzw-600x600-C1-062016

Samsung Galaxy S7

I got this May 22nd, but just now paid it off a couple weeks ago. I really like it. The one problem I have though is that there is annoying popping sound when recording videos :(

g105KWR925B-o_angle3-1200x780.jpg

81GHHKgDi2L._SL1500_.jpg

attachment.php

Bye bye Blose. Had the sights on a Kenwood 702, but at the last minute I checked and realized that Kenwood pulled the illumination wire out of the harness for their models and their screens supposedly really need it.

Last edited:
Pdpkeyfeature-sm-g930vzdavzw-600x600-C1-062016

Samsung Galaxy S7

I got this May 22nd, but just now paid it off a couple weeks ago. I really like it. The one problem I have though is that there is annoying popping sound when recording videos :(

Be careful with heat and water, but more so with heat.

The connection to the digitizer and LCD screen is under the front camera lens and to the right of the "g" in Samsung.

Excess heat will loosen said wire and result in the dreaded pink line right down the right side if the phone... which is what I have right now. :grumpy:

If you press hard on the spot it will fix the problem temporarily but more lines will show up later down the road because of the applied pressure.

Regarding the mic pop in videos, I've never had any problems (and I've put this phone through hell). If it really bothers you, get it checked out, and so some research.

Also, nice colour choice! Team gold!

Did you update to Nougat?

601-5577-lrg.jpg

c5dbcc51-49b0-48ec-8101-ca8865f6882a_1.c7796077ce7f7572896540c1c84c07be.jpeg

Food coloring and an offset spatula

A friend of mine's birthday is coming up and I'm going to surprise her with a cake. Her birthday is actually is a few weeks, but she is a country music singer and she is on the road performing for the next 6 weeks. Since she won't be here for her birthday, I am going to make her a guitar shaped cake for when she gets back in town.

Back