Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments
If you find the technical side of the sport as enjoyable as the racing, then this is a good read.

DPoNa_cXcAE6HaS.jpg

Found this at a local game/music shop. Never heard of it, but apparently it was a rebranded Japanese game that was called Touge Max. Rather weird with the entire cover having almost nothing to do with the game. No Pikes Peak Celica or Chevrolet S-10 to be seen. But it does include the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Also has an almost entirely Japanese domestic only lineup.
5a29bbbf92253_354498b.jpg

(Not my picture, but the same exact cover)

One of these :

MK6096T_FRO__ra_p.jpg

One of these :

46C0007A_Primary__ra_p.jpg

2 of these :

GES409RT_FRO__ra_p.jpg

2 of these :

GES409LT_FRO__ra_p.jpg

and 2 of these :

GES2004S_FRO__ra_p.jpg

All of that, including shipping and tax, from the USA, for less money than !!!!1!!!! tie-rod end here in the Netherlands.
For exactly the same brand parts,
****ers.

One of the reasons I hate buying cat litter is having to lug it into my condo from the parking garage.

I forget why I even went to this website, but once there I saw that the prices were really good, they offer free shipping, and Fedex is going to leave it on my patio!

Over 100 pounds of stuff delivered free, you just have to spend over $49.00.

I ordered last night (Saturday), it shipped today (Sunday), and will arrive Tuesday.

3ZFbGn5.jpg

Found this at a local game/music shop. Never heard of it, but apparently it was a rebranded Japanese game that was called Touge Max. Rather weird with the entire cover having almost nothing to do with the game. No Pikes Peak Celica or Chevrolet S-10 to be seen. But it does include the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Also has an almost entirely Japanese domestic only lineup.
5a29bbbf92253_354498b.jpg

(Not my picture, but the same exact cover)

The Touge Max games are pretty good for what they are, I have the original Japanese versions, but they also came out here in Europe relatively unedited. Lots of obscure Japanese racing games got US/EU releases as budget titles with covers and names that have nothing to do with the content within haha

Last edited:
One of these :

MK6096T_FRO__ra_p.jpg

One of these :

46C0007A_Primary__ra_p.jpg

2 of these :

GES409RT_FRO__ra_p.jpg

2 of these :

GES409LT_FRO__ra_p.jpg

and 2 of these :

GES2004S_FRO__ra_p.jpg

All of that, including shipping and tax, from the USA, for less money than !!!!1!!!! tie-rod end here in the Netherlands.
For exactly the same brand parts,
****ers.

And while I am at it, and because there aren't any dust covers available for these things:

2 of these:

15530076_dwk_dwk6129t_pri_larg.jpg

And 2 of these.

41Qg08BziXL._AC_UL320_SR298,320_.jpg

I'll have a completely new front end in the Pickup.

Got this today, a Atari 2600 RF TV Coaxial F Plug Female Adapter. It doesn't look like much, but what it does is it allows me to plug my moms old Atari 2600 to a modern flat screen TV by screwing it into the antenna port and then plugging the cord from the Atari into the other side. I could have gotten one of these at Radioshack years ago, but I thought I needed a RF Interference Filter for it to work, but I learned recently I didn't need it all along and to think I could have been playing it all these years. :banghead:
IMG_2565[1].JPG

And it works! It's the first time this console has seen any action since we had to get rid of our only TV that could use it back in 2004. Have to admit, I am surprised the system and it's games still work after all these years! :eek: May get a RF Interference Filter for it later and see if maybe it will improve the picture quality some.
IMG_2566[1].JPG

And yes, that is a real, working copy of ET for the Atari you see. ;)

9DFE2DE3-BA06-4282-9207-0FA332E9236A.jpeg

Needed a new pair with a decent chamois, these are from a local company, Triple S, who come highly recommend by the local pros and is owned by a former national champion (who is also the father of one of my students). Chamois is imported from Italy.

Stupidly I wore them before washing them and got myself a bacterial infection in the nethers. Great start.

So after I got an Xbox 360 at the start of January, I thought I would sum all my January purchases up: (Not including my Simpsons season & PS3 games)

image.jpeg

I had managed to get this much games for the Xbox 360 last month. I think that's pretty decent. And my most recent two games are Halo 3: ODST & NFS Pro Street. January was an awesome month in terms of purchasing stuff.

I finally got myself a gaming chair. Definitely Not the most expensive, but it's made a world of difference. I used to buy those extra-cushiony office leather chairs (never again), and it took me too long to realize it was a mistake. This is a whole different kind of comfort, but after a day, my back and neck are thanking me.
20180208_164801.jpg

Picked up a new Tamiya RC race car... I've had 4 of these and sold them on, but love building'em so picked up another Evo6 before I move on to the Evo7 that came out a couple months ago. Plus, some hop-ups, of course.

enhance

enhance

And finally got around to pick these up today!!! C'mon 6 o'clock!

enhance

As some of you may have guessed I buy a lot (a lot!!) of records. However occasionally I’ll buy a CD/SACD/DVD-A/BD-A album.

Recently announced was the remaster by Steve Wilson of Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull. This is my favourite Tull album and Steve Wilson always does an excellent job on remastering of music. So as it arrives one day before my birthday I couldn’t pass it up.

60531C6B-1F75-4B2B-8499-72D580FAB49C.jpeg

Picked up a new Tamiya RC race car... I've had 4 of these and sold them on, but love building'em so picked up another Evo6 before I move on to the Evo7 that came out a couple months ago. Plus, some hop-ups, of course.

enhance

enhance

And finally got around to pick these up today!!! C'mon 6 o'clock!

enhance

Crash trilogy and Shadow of the Colossus! I want those games so bad. I'll probably have to blow the dust off of my PS4 ...

Back