Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
On Friday morning one of my monitors (that’s a studio monitor, not a display) decided to die. They were Rokit 5s so not exactly high end, but they did their job for the most part

So on Friday afternoon I went to the local pro audio shop to see what they had, and I came back with a pair of Focal Alpha 65s

View attachment 783984

They are bloody awesome. A massive improvement over what I previously had.
So if I understand correctly, I'm not the only one. Going shopping for a new pair of shoes and coming home with a new gaming computer is not an exception for me.

So if I understand correctly, I'm not the only one. Going shopping for a new pair of shoes and coming home with a new gaming computer is not an exception for me.

Well as long as you didn't forget the shoes then it's not a problem is it ;)

And I did specifically go shopping for audio monitors, so I bought what I intended to buy.

Well as long as you didn't forget the shoes then it's not a problem is it ;)

And I did specifically go shopping for audio monitors, so I bought what I intended to buy.
Nope no shoes, only a computer. The same confusion when going shopping happens as when I read your post and missed:

Slapped
(that’s a studio monitor, not a display)

Found this Pentax P3n with two lenses for $20 at a thrift store. Mostly just wanted the Pentax 50mm so everything else is just a bonus. :)
LRM_EXPORT_105255201408875_20181203_152925558_1.jpeg

This got delivered on Tuesday, and I've taken the day off to get it setup (which didn't take long - just plug and play)

ADI-2-DAC-C.png

It's hopefully the final part of the audio revision for my "Bat-Cave", prompted by the failure of one of my audio monitors last Friday

What is it? Well it's a DAC, headphone amplifier, monitor controller, and pre amp, or put in layman's terms a bloody expensive volume control for my computer and playstation. My audio setup now sounds fantastic, but the downside of it does mean I'll be stuck with my G29 for a few more months.

Now if you'll excuse me, my GF, wallet, credit card, and bank manager are yelling at me to stop posting in this thread ;)

Picked up a few T-Shirts recently.

First up are from NY based Daylight Curfue who do super limited run clothes based on different themes etc. They recently did some Boyz n The Hood. I picked up these two, glad I did as the whole run sold out super quick.

99DE76E8-89D8-43BB-98DA-3052302AD511.jpeg

55CDFDC9-572E-44F1-A64A-40BA2D603F22.jpeg

I also picked up a Jazz T from UK Vibe. Some of you may recognise the words on the front.

9DE70237-A0A3-480C-B02A-3917DB345338.jpeg

Last is one I’ve just ordered tonight from the band Gunship.

43EF8561-15A9-4C6C-9371-B7F85AD1D013.jpeg

- Hyper Rev Volume 80: Honda Fit

i-img509x665-1543365559cvodwx784106.jpg

- Hyper Rev Volume 55: Toyota Mark II/Chaser/Cresta No.2

i-img900x1200-1541936495eoipjd2085583.jpg

And with prices suddenly bottoming out over here, decided to go for a bit of an upgrade over my 980 and get something that'll hopefully last the distance:

- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

719IY2IIMOL._SX425_.jpg

:D :D :D

SVX
- Hyper Rev Volume 80: Honda Fit

i-img509x665-1543365559cvodwx784106.jpg

I almost want that just to keep it on my dash but that’s the model before mine. :(

Slightly off topic but have you been watching Cresta Vs Drag Week?

I almost want that just to keep it on my dash but that’s the model before mine. :(

You're in luck! No. 3 onwards covers the second generation:

s-l300.jpg

Slightly off topic but have you been watching Cresta Vs Drag Week?

I have been - actually watching the sixth episode as we speak.

TB
New cast iron pan

00075536301402_A1C1.jpeg

Which make? I was going to pick up a Lodge one but the reviews didn’t give it’s full marks because of the seasoning and rough cast. My fiancée has bought me a Victoria 12” Skillet for Christmas though.

It’s still rough but not as much as the Lodge.

Which make? I was going to pick up a Lodge one but the reviews didn’t give it’s full marks because of the seasoning and rough cast. My fiancée has bought me a Victoria 12” Skillet for Christmas though.

It’s still rough but not as much as the Lodge.
It is a Lodge, and I agree that the seasoning was certainly sub-par (I threw frozen ground turkey in it and every time I flipped it, it stuck to the pan and I had to scrape it off) but 30 minutes on the stove with tongs and some oil and the grilled ham and cheese I posted came out beautiful once I had the temperature figured out.

Having never used a different brand, I'm not sure about the cast itself. Yes, it's a little rough but not terrible. For $30 for a 15" pan (want to be able to cook 5 chicken breasts at once for the Thai chicken) I can't complain and will learn what I like and dont like and go from there.

From the looks of it, I'll be using it for cooking random things to get used to it. The fact that the pan was still warm 90 minutes after the burner was off was slightly unexpected.

And be prepared to either wrap the handle with a towel or get a silicone cover as the handle went over 140F while I was seasoning it. :scared:

TB
It is a Lodge, and I agree that the seasoning was certainly sub-par (I threw frozen ground turkey in it and every time I flipped it, it stuck to the pan and I had to scrape it off) but 30 minutes on the stove with tongs and some oil and the grilled ham and cheese I posted came out beautiful once I had the temperature figured out.

Having never used a different brand, I'm not sure about the cast itself. Yes, it's a little rough but not terrible. For $30 for a 15" pan (want to be able to cook 5 chicken breasts at once for the Thai chicken) I can't complain and will learn what I like and dont like and go from there.

From the looks of it, I'll be using it for cooking random things to get used to it. The fact that the pan was still warm 90 minutes after the burner was off was slightly unexpected.

And be prepared to either wrap the handle with a towel or get a silicone cover as the handle went over 140F while I was seasoning it. :scared:

It’s certainly going to be interesting cooking on one. I’m trying to keep my use of Teflon and other non-stick stuff to a minimum.

Since moving I’ve been using Stainless Steel, however my Wok & Frying Pans are coated.

Glad to hear about the Lodge being not too rough. The price is certainly good for quality you get. UK cast stuff isn’t cast in the UK anymore and is from China. I’ve looked at the ones I could buy locally and they all sucked. I decided to by American and import it (technically my fiancée paid). I’m not 100% if the Victoria is American cast but it’s much better than what I can pick up here.

Okay, without looking at the text, I must admit that both times seeing the picture I immediately thought it was a bag of drugs. Lol
Reminds me of the movie Lucy where the brain capacity enhancing drugs were inside Scarlett's body. They were in similar blue pouches.

I finally got myself a new camera, I used to be a Nikon fan but my boyfriend has recommended me to try Canon this time. I can't wait to start my own VLog channel next year.

camera.jpg

I also got my mom a pet carrier, I am thinking of giving her the one with a polka dots.

pet carrier.jpg

Last edited:
So. My two year old pair of HyperX Cloud II's decided to just crap itself while gaming away, well the USB Dongle decided to just crap out. Instead of spending $30 on a new pair of headphones, decided to try out a Wireless Pair.

I decided to go with a wireless pair because I am quite too clumsy for my own sake. My HyperX Cloud II's Cord always got stuck around my office chair. When I moved my office chair it would fling my headphones to the ground. You'd think i'd learn from this? No. Maybe this is my solution to my issues. :lol:

Corsair HS70.

74ee4566-5161-4f28-81ac-40527d231fd2.png

Bought a new strap for my Les Paul.

SOmqDkMS2MvLi8EemMeIji62PjbJ1FvIxV0NufEz0Hr3htkUxifkyDsuOZ29uX0Au9eYlCLpUtqI97a7Fpccy8HOzNVgVSolNU5dICElfE4jMvgrZ69nG4x5fxicc2lI3YMpv-IQR6SrMKXFwWEIxd6JZpiCAminF5d_28vUTtJ9v5N2e-rBRQxfoyqMPE_9q_xuwxSxHVcKbDWnMVtEgqo0wE03WvNyiI9Lo2ZbW4VzHGoYa2oJDZnpVFhv0pMaOW3RdGMKjS5mbb0y1W_btr5URhdtFPHLH9DC0Vps7qvDpZEI4_KVY-hjYFDB3KY7idvglpRSv5Z2yAr6xW3tWmCAkYVhUzPp9SqEjZ4Tmhy4p5tKmFZ8FsJTQXOPP4jolaTjDeI97ziImOD1GkPDh8nWtGDwJzFtJcfIDHzKBtA6zYwNzSP7knlVTDQ7bLTAamB1v801T71iQEfzxDDipKjfWv9TJHhrt-rwG2FJYKE-bWT-jnxwOY5z9_mtjo8rEekar7C3S4hNzHFIsGb6ak6COIXULTOnSM6z5751wsyqvLUuDv0UXg8xEikGozYSoY34D8wA5t899W0Gmrwvu05uIRAB9zZIR5FUeWHizAs8t9JoFYNE3vnNiGH5C2MqCWiEisvkv5kfHEqrSLkI_gHS=w1094-h1458-no

gpMLquT0HLMjehosBPtbsjzAFitdZ7JRLaxgk4K8s6tRaRVQYcIf26WZQ1dCMVwU1od0Ld_EPbZa-UALD-3Xh_89j3fpZU-I9tYJP7sKrDr7f4S8JOiVSn276mYdRHevtt_uc_YcswXumZZBoV_SqK4q2xXdT7-vKbiV5wDqltkYqxXAgQE7piKCrc2f4bVwhajNkVREbc-u25MrJV-PBLneRl7QvNfXzdTITV-RvizODuMScaD30rVVI92vvOeQ524WsRp-PcwG7q47VNh59mj-Oi8gzyLpTrzwLtVyKldiluRtEsY5XxHQsdaR8MAzbYbDyqIWko1_Zv6US8NNzOBBwgCr0xh3NeT1dm1lLnCW7AtcAo43ACrBvkw7g9ux52phoLjxv_J_JbjUNp5cjLRo-65eFXFToWZecG23jHBpTqoAKwkv-yy0a7V0hGvFjv5iZaxMh9JV9vHCyet3UrbUqSdB1o74sT_3W2Eqku6WWPVd8zKpur62MTQdgyq84JMTqX9mE-FBwaPvjyzId6cufXwReKEImwpNXCZPDnJVjUrsRhTHlMwldV66VzsM9KSqJ9xkBakT3uXKGbeCY0gyeyfIEGFJnbHz_T06l_4R_y7iI-8tJTgys9Zb2CgA_NSjn_W8uPQE7z1duosenism=w1944-h1458-no

I absolutely love it. The strap is from Jayko Straps which is run by a mother & son duo. All their straps are handmade and feel amazing. The back is made of suede so in addition to feeling amazing, it keeps the guitar from sliding around which is very nice as well. I'll be ordering a couple more for my other guitars.

Back