Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,343 comments
rsz_20190702_174805-01.png

For the rear of the Daihatsu. Vredestein T-Trac 2. In the massive size of 155/65 R13. Already bought them for the front in June.

Vredestein-T-Trac-2.jpg

Awesome value for the money. €31,- a piece. And a set of Valeo wipers. And some oil.

With a misalignment I was able to drive 4 years with the Vredesteins. Could have been longer if the missus didn't hit a kerb with the front left, but alas.

Bought a new set for the front, as it failed the yearly inspection on the fronts, and a cv joint boot.

51AWMJVGaEL._SX470_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
418v2%2BJjlwL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Couple of old Software Testing books used off Amazon. I do Video game QA, so I'd thought I'd pick them up in order to expand my knowledge, even though they might be a little outdated.

Project Cars 2 Deluxe version (Summer sales on Steam).

iu

Thanks for posting, I've been waiting to buy it until it went on sale but forgot to add it to my wishlist so I was never notified by Steam. :cheers:

Thanks for posting, I've been waiting to buy it until it went on sale but forgot to add it to my wishlist so I was never notified by Steam. :cheers:
I have pCars as well and never liked it. Yesterday I tried pCars2 with a keyboard and I was surprised that this game is so good that I'm playing it, probably, even more than ACC.

I never thought I would say this but pCars 2 is definitely worth it.

I went into my local music shop at lunchtime to check out their 12 string guitars - they only had two, a cheap, new one and a very expensive second hand one. I played the cheap (£230) one and was a bit unimpressed... it was light, the strings were a bit too far apart and it sounded a bit tinny, and not dissimilar to my (very cheap) bouzouki. The salesman suggested playing both, so he got the other one down, and I just wanted to hear/feel if there was any difference... the answer was a pretty huge yes. I could hear immediately that it was a completely different beast - exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. I had a play and immediately felt the difference - it was much heavier, and the strings were all perfectly easy to play in comparison with the other one.

A quick Google later, and I could see that the price was actually quite reasonable for this model of guitar, and that it is one of the best rated/reviewed 12-strings in its price range. The guy could see I was put off by the price tag (esp. since it is second hand, albeit in mint condition), so he offered me a 10% discount... so I took it.

Playing it at home for the first time and it is amazing - it kind of puts my poor, trusty old acoustic to shame, but it is definitely harder to play, and fingerpicking is not easy - but picked with a plectrum it sounds absolutely sublime, and light strumming with a thin plectrum is fantastic. So now I need to record a bunch of songs to justify buying a new guitar that I didn't really need. But - I reckon that if you should blow your week's wages on something, it might as well be something I will use for another 20 years... the damn thing will probably out-last me!

Attachments

• 12string.jpg
    12string.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I bought a sweater for my mother's birthday. Jordan Binnington. She isn't a huge hockey person, but she enjoys going to games and cheering regardless of whether or not she knows what is going on. During the playoffs she mentioned him and that she hadn't heard of him til recently... I explained it to her that he was a rookie and just called up in January.

Anyways, I could tell that he is now her favorite player.

Alas.

images.jpeg

I went into my local music shop at lunchtime to check out their 12 string guitars - they only had two, a cheap, new one and a very expensive second hand one. I played the cheap (£230) one and was a bit unimpressed... it was light, the strings were a bit too far apart and it sounded a bit tinny, and not dissimilar to my (very cheap) bouzouki. The salesman suggested playing both, so he got the other one down, and I just wanted to hear/feel if there was any difference... the answer was a pretty huge yes. I could hear immediately that it was a completely different beast - exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. I had a play and immediately felt the difference - it was much heavier, and the strings were all perfectly easy to play in comparison with the other one.

A quick Google later, and I could see that the price was actually quite reasonable for this model of guitar, and that it is one of the best rated/reviewed 12-strings in its price range. The guy could see I was put off by the price tag (esp. since it is second hand, albeit in mint condition), so he offered me a 10% discount... so I took it.

Playing it at home for the first time and it is amazing - it kind of puts my poor, trusty old acoustic to shame, but it is definitely harder to play, and fingerpicking is not easy - but picked with a plectrum it sounds absolutely sublime, and light strumming with a thin plectrum is fantastic. So now I need to record a bunch of songs to justify buying a new guitar that I didn't really need. But - I reckon that if you should blow your week's wages on something, it might as well be something I will use for another 20 years... the damn thing will probably out-last me!

High school friend of mine had one the last time we got together. Totally get what you mean about it being awkward to play. Can't remember what it was or anything, but it felt pretty solid.

Are the strings tuned to octaves of each other, or is it a harmony? Guess it deoends what you set it up for.

Have fun tuning it! :lol:👍

Next on the list, harp guitar.

I-Ron cutting machine.

I-RON-COLOR-25-RED_webkopie.gif

Probably a waste of money.:ouch:
I replace this (see above) with this (see below) today.

iu

I have cut my right middle finger, just behind my fingernail, on this new cutting machine. It is pretty deep and there was literally blood everywhere (refrigerator, cutting thing itself, floor, kitchen cupboards.

:ouch:

Last edited:
Complete set of Adelaide F1 Grand Prix programs... for pretty much face value. Absolutely stoked! :D
4F9B9165-BB0B-4A62-BF30-8D9A117CBF20.jpeg

Programs from all 11 races, 1985-1995. They’re all in great condition and are full of some brilliant old school stuff. I’ll put some of that in the spoiler for scrollers sake.
A8E65F26-455E-4899-BEB3-B7DFA7F16FE9.jpeg
“It’s a coupe. It’s a targa. It’s a cabrio.” It’s an EXA! A common theme in these programs were big ads for oddball cars that weren’t particularly successful. The Holden Calibra had a massive spread in a later program.

95FBBA5C-518F-4631-9D2C-1B824069C42E.jpeg
“The Sovereign V12 as the world sees it, The Sovereign V12 as the driver knows it.” The Le Mans fan in me loved this ad. I wish more modern car makers used their race cars for advertising like this.

247C8EDB-4D2C-4A49-A81C-7781A737E831.jpeg
Interesting ad, more for the car prices than anything. I think this was from
The 1993 program. The NSX is $205,000 while the Prelude, CRX & Integra are all around the $35,000 mark. Inflation puts the NSX at $385,000 and the others at $65,000 in modern money! :wow:
A modern GT-R is $189,000 and my GT86 cost me less than $30k in 2013. Crazy to see how much cheaper modern cars are.

7F551838-92DF-4F5D-BC4A-FB6AF3EDDB7F.jpeg
Every program has these great merch pages with cringe worthy model poses. Would love to own some of this stuff but I don’t think anyone would answer me if I sent off the mail order form :lol:

528528F8-B3D3-4CA6-B4E8-6F28401F535A.jpeg
Interesting glimpse of just how dominant Senna/Prost were is this Shell ad. Almost implying the racing was boring for the majority. I wonder if Hamilton’s current dominance will be looked back on as boring or brilliant?

BF4A6DEE-5D97-40E4-866C-605529D35493.jpeg
All programs featured great, very human, shots like these of the drivers. Also tons of articles full of insight on the men behind the helmets. The best part is that the opinions haven’t been influenced by history.
6AD2ED10-C518-48CA-B599-BB1BC34F3B76.jpeg
There’s also countless full page and full spread photos of the cars. Great detail, high quality, classic photography.

28678C7D-3F1F-4F98-A5F3-73A0C0A7B161.jpeg
I didn’t realise how quickly Schumacher got to the pointy end of F1. He comes out of nowhere to pure dominance.

C3E511E2-DB93-40E1-83C2-7BA3E1BACC06.jpeg
The tribute page to Ayrton Senna from an Adelaide perspective. It’s fair to say the point Ayrton strikes, that people would miss F1’s personalities, would ring very true with his in particular.

EBD5A618-1DD8-4284-8591-78860F0B7894.jpeg
Autograph pages. Now a few of the early programs have these, and all have 3 of the same people’s signatures. I can’t tell who any of them are and I’m not sure if they’re printed or if the previous owner just really liked these three drivers in particular. They all look different, but they are from different years so maybe the publisher had them do a new signature for each year’s program? Or maybe they are real? Any help here would be appreciated! :D

E21893AB-EDE3-4A41-A6AA-F3324990070A.jpeg
Bonus! I also got these original souvenir lift outs from the local paper. Very cool in their own right and probably much more rare than any of the programs.

01964E18-3EEC-46E7-AEBD-FB52AFA3D914.jpeg
Bonus number 2! This original course map from the first year of the GP. One of my favourite things from this whole purchase!

Now for figuring out how on earth to display all of this... :lol:

Last edited:
Medium size SOCKiTBOX

81-lL2n20UL._SX569_.jpg

Exterior grade 3 outlet extension cord

71M5Gqjin3L._SX569_.jpg

Grill cover

61NIRz432sL._SX679_.jpg

Need some clips to hang the cord on the siding for W.A.F. but I'm just going to 3D print those.

xV7VteRl.png

Having minor issues with staying connected to the home WiFi that everyone in the house was experenicing (instead of being confined to my laptop), traced issue to a wobbly connector on the old cord. Seems to be working so far.

No pictures, but I decided it would be a wise idea to book a hotel room for next weekend's IndyCar race at Iowa. I was originally just going to drive home after the race (4.5 hour drive), but don't want to risk falling asleep at the wheel. Plus, the hotel has free continental breakfast!!! :dopey:

Recently purchased and got installed a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports. Looking forward to enjoying the car with the new tires on!

41vhnPaC96L._SX425_.jpg

Back