Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,329 comments
AOC C24G1 (1080P 144Hz VA with FreeSync)
61cdbJ5%2BV5L._SX425_.jpg

Crucial MX500 500GB
crucial-mx500-external-hard-drive.jpg

Some SATA cables
A6J3_131658353431910153vlVssQVIbg.jpg

Well while I was on my vacation at Myrtle Beach, I went to Players Choice as I do every year and had a pretty decent run!

So what I have here is:
Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer Revolution. I'm 26 now, I started gaming when I was 7 and I've been playing demos of Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer Revolution since the very beginning. It's nice to finally have the full versions of both games, been wanting them forever now. I saw Ridge Racer Revolution at Players Choice years ago, but I didn't get it and I have regretted it ever since, so I made sure I didn't pass it up this time.
Test Drive Le Mans. The Test Drive series is one I have been accustomed to for almost as long as the other 2, so it's easy to see why I got this one as well. Should be an interesting one since it apparently centers around Le Mans racing, unlike every other Test Drive game I own.
IMG_E0539.JPG

That was my first visit and I have admit, I was alittle underwhelmed by it because I didn't see any PS2 or GBA games I wanted and I usually find a lot more, but maybe my expectations were too high since I've had so many good runs there over the years. Fortunately, we made a 2nd trip just yesterday and if there is one thing I know about Players Choice, a 2nd look usually pays off and sure enough, I was right! Here is what I got the 2nd time we went:

Tigger's Honey Hunt. This is actually a game I used to own a LONG time ago, but I think I traded it back in like 2006 I think. I almost got it during my first visit, but I passed it up. I had a lot of afterthoughts about it afterward and I ended up regretting more and more as the week progressed, so I made sure I got it this time. I had seen videos of this game on Youtube a few months ago and it brought back some pleasant memories from the best years of my life I had long forgotten about and that's what made me want to reclaim it. While it's an odd choice compared to the others, it's the memories that count and if you can get past the Winnie the Pooh aesthetic, it's not a bad platformer.
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing. Been collecting Hot Wheels for many years now and I am somewhat fond of their video games as well. This was one I have been curious for years now and I think I even saw it a few years back at Players Choice, but didn't get it for whatever reason. I did this time though and I do wonder why it cost more than the others, maybe I'll find out when I play it. Should be interesting!
GT Advance Championship Racing. I think I saw mentions of this one here on GTP in the obscure racing game thread and was sort of interested in it after reading about it. So when I was this one for a cheap price of $2.95, I just had to get it! :dopey: Fortunately I had my GBA with me, so I got to play it as soon as we got back and I have to say, I am pretty impressed by it! Best graphics I have seen on a GBA game!
IMG_E0541.JPG

And that wraps up what all I got while I was there! Apart from GT Advance, I haven't played any of them yet, but it should be fun!

^^ Hot Wheels Turbo Racing is one of my favorite early child hood games.

Anyways I bought a bottle of this today. :dopey:
GO_510104-AIO-FSC-12oz.png

^^ Hot Wheels Turbo Racing is one of my favorite early child hood games.

Anyways I bought a bottle of this today. :dopey:
View attachment 837387
I hate being that guy, but, why did you buy that stuff? Most fuels already come with some sort of FI cleaner, and if you are having FI issues, your better off replacing injectors rather than using this stuff.

I hate being that guy, but, why did you buy that stuff? Most fuels already come with some sort of FI cleaner, and if you are having FI issues, your better off replacing injectors rather than using this stuff.
Well the car is alot running better than before so I guess it's working... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is AOC any good?
I'm pretty happy with my monitor. The onscreen display is a bit of a pain to navigate, though the monitor itself is great. The build quality and colours seem good to me, and FreeSync worked out of the box.

I see no reason for me to need drilled/slotted rotors for a measly 128i and the kit I chose should be more than reasonable for a small autocross event..hopefully :lol:

A note about drilled/slotted rotors, just because so many people don't understand what drilling and/or slotting does. It has nothing to do with cooling the rotors, it's a relief for gas that builds up under hot pads, keeping the pads on the rotor better. Gas buildup is like momentary brake fade, goes away as soon as the gas gets out. Without holes or slots, it lifts the pad, vents, and the pads come back down. Not a problem for 99.99954 percent of us, even autocrossers. Get on the racetrack, though... That long straight ending in a hairpin will work those brakes hard!

It wasn't, just not shown in the picture, ill just act dumb and go to a BMW dealership to get the recall done, since i keep getting post cards for the recall. :sly:

They'll probably base it off of your VIN and they'll have the wrong airbag ready for you. Somebody on another forum had this issue, and had to do a bit of extra work (get a news company involved) to get the airbag switched out.

They'll probably base it off of your VIN and they'll have the wrong airbag ready for you. Somebody on another forum had this issue, and had to do a bit of extra work (get a news company involved) to get the airbag switched out.

I've read upon this that some people have had no issues getting airbag recall with switched steering wheel, however im still trying to find motivation to drive 2hours just to a BMW dealer. :rolleyes:

It can become a... well... you might at some point wonder if there is a BBQers anonymous. Enjoy the ride.
I can already see it turning into a thing. On the plus side, I have four other carnivores in the house with an occasional fifth (wife) so I'm sure there will be no complaining at my attempts at smoking and/or grilling.
On a side note, what's your preferred heating medium. Briquette, lump or pellet?
I like the part where you think I've done any of this before. :P

If you'd like to offer suggestions, I'm all ears. Crash coursing the last two days has left me with differing opinions depending on which site I'm on - soak the wood, don't soak the wood, use pellets, don't use pellets, use chunks. At this point I'm leaning towards you can't really do it wrong and it mostly comes down to preferences.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I grabbed that smoker off of Craigslist for $20. :D It's not the best one out there but for that price, I wasn't about to keep looking for "better" when I don't even know what I'm looking for.

The mailman was kind enough to drop this off. Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 outside of Europe and Aus). Rented this game a lot back in the day. Happy to finally have my own copy of it.

Lylat Wars 1.jpg

Hopefully the HDMI convertor I ordered for the N64 arrives soon so I can play it. :lol:
TB
The printer has taken a backseat to working outside. I'll go back to it when the temps start dropping. :P

Fair enough. :lol:👍

Last edited:
TB
I can already see it turning into a thing. On the plus side, I have four other carnivores in the house with an occasional fifth (wife) so I'm sure there will be no complaining at my attempts at smoking and/or grilling.

I like the part where you think I've done any of this before. :P

If you'd like to offer suggestions, I'm all ears. Crash coursing the last two days has left me with differing opinions depending on which site I'm on - soak the wood, don't soak the wood, use pellets, don't use pellets, use chunks. At this point I'm leaning towards you can't really do it wrong and it mostly comes down to preferences.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I grabbed that smoker off of Craigslist for $20. :D It's not the best one out there but for that price, I wasn't about to keep looking for "better" when I don't even know what I'm looking for.
Damn, $20?! If the door isnt falling off the hinges, that is a steal! If I may suggest, get some BBQ gasket to seal the door and a dual probe digital thermometer to measure the smokers temp and your meats temp.
As for heating, it is really about preference. I've personally been using lump charcoal then adding soaked wood chips for my shorter bbq jobs, and soaked lump wood for longer ones. That said, I have been thinking of trying out pellets. You need less to cook the same amount, they take up less storage space, easier to light, burn longer and more consistently, and handle both the cooking and smoking aspect of bbq. It's just not something I have used before.
All said though, there is no wrong way as long as you are enjoying yourself and, more importantly, the food you are making.

Back