Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I decided I haven't spent enough on motorsports this year, so I bought 3 tickets + pit passes to see these things when they come to town in December.

MJ_MultiTour_Social_Media_Assets_BaseArena_GD_1080x1080_18382-300x300.png

Also purchased some ear plugs since the above event will require them (plus I needed some for work).

OMG, this thing is a nightmare! Supposedly plug-and-play "straight out of the box"... I can confirm that is BS :banghead:

It records 'PC-Free' but you still need a PC to access the settings and turn off HDCP. It also appears to be pretty fussy regarding what type of SD card you can use. Oh, and the manual is terrible.

Just ordered a different brand and type of card on eBay so fingers crossed. This thing has so much potential but it's frustrating as hell. :boggled:

OMG, this thing is a nightmare! Supposedly plug-and-play "straight out of the box"... I can confirm that is BS :banghead:

It records 'PC-Free' but you still need a PC to access the settings and turn off HDCP. It also appears to be pretty fussy regarding what type of SD card you can use. Oh, and the manual is terrible.

Just ordered a different brand and type of card on eBay so fingers crossed. This thing has so much potential but it's frustrating as hell. :boggled:

As an Avermedia owner, I can understand your frustration. The software should be the same as mine.. maybe I can help?

Yeah, that's what I bought. I got a SanDisk Class 10 UHS-1 (128Gb) but for whatever reason the AVerMedia doesn't seem to like it. I have ordered a Samsung Class 10 UHS-3 (64Gb) and will try that.

Is saying “swag” still a thing...

View attachment 852393

Yes, but excess is also still a word. :P

---

70424294_1115242702198693_8780920869846253568_n.jpg

I check my vitals... Yep, still a child in there somewhere. :P I saw an Eevee and didn't think much further. And it came with Snubbull too, which my sister and I liken to one of my parents' dogs, so that's fun. Little did I know that as I was buying Pokemon toys of Eevee and Snubbull my sister was sending me a link to a floormat covered in Eeveelutions. :lol: I swear, we're not Pokemon crazy, just absolute coincidence...

Also bought Hayden Paddon's biography. I remember as a kid watching NZ Rally coverage, I wasn't his biggest fan then because he drove an Evo and I preferred the STI that Richard Mason (his main competitor) drove. Even then he appeared more professional and I never thought about why, maybe because I was 12 and there weren't many thoughts to be had. Maybe 12 year old me just thought that because his car was LHD like a WRC car, he was more of a pro. :P I used to also point out (to myself of course) that his eyes looked sort of derpy... Children are horrible. Though as time went on I realised I was horrible, and he was actually awesome.

Ordered a copy of Wreckfest because everyone won't shut up about how good it is.

pc-and-video-games-games-ps4-wreckfest-deluxe-edition-preorder-bonus.jpg

Considering doing the same on my Son's Xbone (I don't really game anymore) just as a bit of a time waster and it looks fun. I recall having a great time with Destruction Derby years ago on the original PS and this looks to be in the same mould.

IMG_20190926_153955.jpg

Bought some replacement ear cushions for my Cloud II's and were expecting them to arrive sometime next week. Ended up getting them today instead. :D

Back