Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,344 comments
I have the baby blue version of the City Turbo. I also picked up this bad lad FB RX7 over the weekend while finding some HW for my son's bday.
20191025_102520.jpg

I just bought a toy gun that fires little water bullets as a Halloween prop. I’ve spent the last hour shooting stray dogs with it. Great fun, and the dogs love it too!

Pixel4XL.jpg

Pixel 4 XL, 128GB. Absolutely love the phone so far. I had a 3a XL but Verizon is running a deal for $450 off the Pixel 4 line with an eligible trade in so it was a no brainer to upgrade.

View attachment 860470

Pixel 4 XL, 128GB. Absolutely love the phone so far. I had a 3a XL but Verizon is running a deal for $450 off the Pixel 4 line with an eligible trade in so it was a no brainer to upgrade.

As much as I would like one, I cannot really justify upgrading from a Pixel 3 XL.

As much as I would like one, I cannot really justify upgrading from a Pixel 3 XL.

I originally planned on sticking with my 1st gen Pixel XL until the Pixel 4 released, but my wife dropped it which cracked the screen and back glass so I upgraded to the Pixel 3a XL. That was only a $480 phone and Verizon gave me $450 to trade it in, so there is really no reason for me to keep the 3a XL. If I had the regular Pixel 3 XL, I probably wouldn't upgrade either.

I originally planned on sticking with my 1st gen Pixel XL until the Pixel 4 released, but my wife dropped it which cracked the screen and back glass so I upgraded to the Pixel 3a XL. That was only a $480 phone and Verizon gave me $450 to trade it in, so there is really no reason for me to keep the 3a XL. If I had the regular Pixel 3 XL, I probably wouldn't upgrade either.

I am surprised they gave you $450 to trade it in, but that is awesome.

5b49d6c85b8bfafe9ef58c14f783bdd5.png

:guilty:

A year and some change after rolling my E34 down the side of a mountain, I'm going for another, but this time, no more mountain passes, at least in the rain.

This one is a Calypso Red Metallic exterior, a tan leather interior, 5 speed manual and a messed up engine (head gaskets, I believe, as well as some timing issues)

I know the owner, but I'm negotiating the price.

IMG_20111230_100756.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous vehicle - This isn't my example, though it's one for one in looks, but is a flat-six 525i, something I'd rather have as it's a little less worse on gas, lighter and easier to work on.

Edit: the engine is broken, the (oops, pistons) grinded into the cylinder walls xD, I was offered to fix it before buying it, but I guess the engine had other things in mind.

it turned out the car had overheated due to bad radiator installation, melted the gaskets, spat out oil and sat for a while. Upon starting it, it made a horrible noise and died.

Last edited:
It's been a wait (courier destroyed the first one) but worth it, Panasonic GZ1000 OLED TV to replace my LG OLED as the main TV in the house. As expected being 4k, Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR+ etc it blows the LG out of the water for picture quality. Out of the box not calibrated the colours are great and white balance looks spot on so much so I probably won't bother calibrating it. What blows me away though compared to our LG in the panel uniformity and lack of banding. So far head and shoulders the best TV I've owned.

panasonic_tx-65gz1000bcolour_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Got this Friday! It's the Australian Tour Edition of Shania Twain's album "Come On Over". This is one I originally considered last year, but I chose the Australian Special Edition instead.
IMG_0739.JPG

It wasn't just for completion of course. I got this one mainly because I wanted the single mix of "God Bless The Child" since all I had of it was the one from "The Woman In Me", which was pretty much just a short acapella and nothing more. This one on the other hand is so much more and man was it worth it! It might just be one of my new favorites from her! I haven't even listened to the main CD yet, but I imagine it's more or less what I already have minus the 3 extra tracks from the special edition. Now if I can just get the Asian Tour Edition....
IMG_0740.JPG

And arriving just today is this "That Don't Impress Me Much" promo CD. Been wanting this one for a while and I am glad to finally have it! Best of all, I got it for a pretty cheap price! (it's usually pretty expensive)
IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

I have listened to both of them already. Remix #1 is more or less the same as the one you would hear on most of the international releases of "Come On Over" and her greatest hits CD. However, it's shorter and doesn't have that bit in the end where she says things like "what do you think you're Elvis or something?" or "You're Tarzan?" for instance. Weird.

Remix #2 on the other hand is MUCH more interesting! It's essentially a combination of both the original and the remix together and it's what made me want to get this CD. See for yourself. I read somewhere this one was on the original international releases before it was replaced with the dance remix like the one featured on the greatest hits album. Apart from that video, this is one I don't see very often at all. It didn't matter if I wanted to buy it or download it (you what I mean), I didn't have much luck finding it for a while and I am very glad to have it now!

While I hate I couldn't get these new like all the other ones I own, they seem just fine and I am quite happy with them!

Last edited:
  • Metallica Creeping Death / Jump in the Fire EP (Vertigo label)
  • Metallica The $5.98 Garage days revisited EP (1987 West Germany release)
  • Rammstein Das Modell (Single)
  • Rammstein Engel (Fan Edition Single)
  • Rammstein Du richest so gut ‘98 (Single)
24C97A71-60AE-4739-9CE5-5F34E620142E.jpeg

I put a deposit down for this during the week, everything is approved and I'll be trading in my current vehicle. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive, it should be here by the 10th. That's not it below but it's exactly the same. The wife thinks I should get a personalized license plate that says FU GRETA, it would be awesome but my tires would probably get slashed lol.

2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro - Army green
2020-Toyota-4Runner-TRD-Pro-Army-Green-front-quarter-clean-679x453.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite earbuds. The left side on my old ones went out, so I ordered a brand new pair with money from my warranty refund.

What's cool is that the cables are detachable, so I will buy a replacement left earbud and keep the old right earbud so that I will essentially have a second pair available for rough work.

$_12.JPG

I've never seen WD-40 chain lube, what's it like?

I’ve got a 160km ride today (motorcycle) with a freshly applied coat. I’ll report back once the trip is over.

I saw it on Mighty Car Mods, as one of their sponsors, and then it appeared in my local Tesco. Wasn’t cheap (comparatively) but I’m hoping it’ll be worth it. I’ll also do my commuter bicycle tomorrow morning so I should have an accurate gauge of it’s effectiveness.

Got these just today!

The one on the left is something I have been meaning to get for quite some time now. I love the Playstation Classic, but ever since it was announced, I never have liked how short the PSC's controller cords were and upon using it's included controllers for a few hours, it makes my knuckles hurt. Fortunately, this will be a thing of the past now! :D

The one on the right is an OTG cable for the same console. I got it so I can use the power port to run my USB drive instead of the controller port.
13BFE245-500D-46ED-922F-088B07A7E377.jpeg

Already tested the wireless adapter and it works fabulously! In fact, it's even better than I expected! The only issue I really have is it creates a cursor on the screen, but all I have to do is switch the console off and then on again it's disappears.

Can't get the OTG cable to work though, not sure if it's on my end or the cables, but hopefully I will figure it out soon.

Got my first pair of true wireless earbuds today. Spent the past two weeks researching trying to find a pair that would sound good and not be super expensive. Finally settled on these. The iFrogz Airtime Pro.
CCCA61E6-CCCF-4DDC-9B1E-5C9BB2125C90.jpeg

Last edited:
A book!

I think the story is pretty interesting, its about an unwilling conscript soldier who is sent forth on a fleet of beat-to-hell-and-back battleships to fight one more battle in the end stages of World War 3. Decades of nuclear and chemical warfare has left the world nearly inhabitable and drained the surviving nations of resources, tech and people, a KGB-like structure forces the unwilling soldiers to fight the mysterious surviving enemy.
Also the surviving technology resembles that of the Mad Max franchise.

JTd5YAX.jpg

Long distance donuts. I had ONE, just one.

It was late at night and I was drunk, my brother asked me to bring donuts to him back home. I had the biggest smirk on my face when ordering these. I asked the clerk how much my order is and when she told her, I said "That's not enough, we must continue."

9C3D8131-3041-4CB8-8862-A125BA7930F0.jpeg

My family has always had an unwritten rule not to buy anything for yourself once October hits. Just makes Xmas shopping all the easier and ensures that someone doesn't come home with something that you already have stashed away for them. That being said, here's what I've bought online for the family recently.

For my mother

greenhouse model kit.jpg
Miniature greenhouse model kit. We've got a "Bits and Pieces" catalogue and she's been eyeing this one for some time now.

canvas.jpg
A large $600 canvas by a local artist who has a knack of taking his photos and changing them to appear as paintings. Its quite a nice shot of the valley where we live, and will be a good centerpiece for the living room, which she has completely "nauticalized".

For my younger brother
overwatch lego.jpg
A Lego set from one of his favourite games. He already has most of these sets, but never got around to purchasing this one for its larger price tag. Felt I had to complete the collection, especially since it comes with one of his favourite characters (Pharah).

The Sinking City.jpg
The Sinking City for PS4. Both of us love otherworldly horror content, and buying my brother Call of Cthulhu on PS4 last year turned out to be a good decision. I've watched and read mixed reviews on this particular game, but by what people say it does right, I think he'll like it. Its a good change of pace from all the fast action shooter titles he plays.

Aside from that, I'm still searching for stuff for my father. He has zero hobbies and doesn't like anything tangible. Usually I get him some $200 in Canadian Tire, Best Buy, Tim Hortons, and Home Depot cards, but I don't like doing the same predicable thing each year. Nor do I like watching him sit on the couch with his gift cards whilst the rest of us are still unwrapping gifts. He's been mentioning wanting a home security system, so maybe I'll look into one of those if they aren't four figures in price.

Just picked this up. It’s a 1:24 of the car Dale Jr. drove in his final NASCAR Cup Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2017. The car itself is a throwback to the paint scheme he ran in his first NASCAR Cup Series race in 1999.
635B6EE4-5714-4648-AA2A-D79D8B3FFB62.jpeg
9E45B062-0F2A-4CED-92CF-651ED9565176.jpeg

I’ve been wanting this model for a couple years now. My uncle found it this morning on Facebook Marketplace for $15 brand new in the box.

Edit: Well, apparently my mom got me the same die cast for Christmas this year. :lol: So now I have one I can display, and one I can keep in the box.

Last edited:
Back