Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,287 comments
I’ve been working my way through the Yakuza series during quarantine, so I picked this up today.
ABBA8E49-26D7-4B7A-BB12-D75B1C7FA618.jpeg

A4162540-7B6E-4FCB-A505-D113CD153C3A.jpeg

I was going to post this in the "Somebody Talk Me Down" thread, but I found a measuring tape (for the T-shirt...) and went ahead and ordered it... call it the 'lockdown dividend' i.e. the money I am saving by not going to the pub...

https://www.rushbackstage.com/dept/permanent-waves-40th-anniversary?cp=102112_107415

I'll have to wait around 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, but at least you get three free live mp3s to download immediately upon pre-ordering...

View attachment 924776

I was going to post this in the "Somebody Talk Me Down" thread, but I found a measuring tape (for the T-shirt...) and went ahead and ordered it... call it the 'lockdown dividend' i.e. the money I am saving by not going to the pub...

https://www.rushbackstage.com/dept/permanent-waves-40th-anniversary?cp=102112_107415

I'll have to wait around 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, but at least you get three free live mp3s to download immediately upon pre-ordering...
giphy (2).gif
ycagKBYEmaili

The weather better coopate for me to put all this to good use.

20200528_170905.jpg

And I find it hilarious that the life jackets are apparently women's but I like them more than the men's. Unless a pineapple is more feminine than ugly stripes, I see nothing gender specific with these.

20200528_171917.jpg

TB
And I find it hilarious that the life jackets are apparently women's but I like them more than the men's. Unless a pineapple is more feminine than ugly stripes, I see nothing gender specific with these.

Seems kind of fruity

Every time I see the band Rush I always mistake it for Bush. I’m quite a fan of Bush*.

*The band, don't go there with your filthy mind. ;)

Through the course of my public education, I have heard every single joke, pun, nickname, etc. pertaining to what also happens to be my surname. Some of them are pretty funny though.

I’m now 15 hours into my first D&D campaign so I splashed on some Chessex dice:
39163929-36C0-4A94-B94A-98BF77646EB9.jpeg

Also received a new pipe from Poland (I now refuse to order anything Chinese made, you can’t imagine how hard that is these days).
60AAE48E-FB94-4558-8DEC-5F0C94B4B371.jpeg

I bought a terracotta rocket stove too for turning garden and paper waste into hot water for tea.
55D5B751-1302-465C-92A3-E8CF437BC684.jpeg

TB
The weather better coopate for me to put all this to good use.

View attachment 925012

View attachment 925014
We got my daughter one of those blow up kayaks. If you decide you like it, do your self a favor and get a proper kayak after your first season on that thing. The difference is night and day. Those intex yaks move through the water like a bus and take considerably more energy to move. Even a large tandem kayak is easier to maneuver. Not sure if you were into kayaking, but if not, welcome to the club!

x52_1-54f70dd44bf61.jpg

Lockdown has had me playing Elite Dangerous again and my Thrustmaster HOTAS is creaking and deadzoning like a MF so.... :D
That and with VR is the best way to play ED. If you don't have VR, look into getting a head tracking rig. Being able to look around without using one of those high hats or mouse is really helpful in this game.
I have the x52 as well. Though I think a step below this one. I also have a second smaller hotas that I got from my bro in law. Using both with the pilot assist off is a lot of fun.

New outdoor lights for the house to replace the old (I assume original with the house) lights.
61m98

Went to install them today, thinking it would be an easy swap. However, after removing one of the old ones and seeing how the idiot mounted them I'll have to figure out how to do it correctly. Install will have to wait for another day as I don't have time.

New outdoor lights for the house to replace the old (I assume original with the house) lights.
61m98

Went to install them today, thinking it would be an easy swap. However, after removing one of the old ones and seeing how the idiot mounted them I'll have to figure out how to do it correctly. Install will have to wait for another day as I don't have time.

What did the idiot do?

I. Curious now... How hard can it be?

What did the idiot do?

I. Curious now... How hard can it be?

Instead of cutting a hole in the siding and mounting the light securely to the junction box, they wired it up and mounted the light onto the vinyl siding using 2 wood screws. (the screws don't even aren't even the same) It does explain why the old ones appeared a little crooked.

This week I will be ordering the right attachments/bits for my Dremel to cut the vinyl siding and will install them next weekend, weather permitting.

Turtle Beach Recon 70

upload_2020-6-1_7-21-16.jpeg

I hate buying things like this. They’re usually poorly made and break after not even a year of usage. It just feels like easy consumer waste.

I usually use my Shure earbuds to play Xbox, but I’ve yet to find a quality microphone for them that doesn’t echo.

Considering this is my first headphone purchase since 2014, I’m convinced I’m warranted a try.

After many years of wanting Ka-bar, I finally purchased one for myself.

View attachment 926140
View attachment 926141
View attachment 926142
View attachment 926143
Pretty cool story.
View attachment 926144

Nice! I have had one for a number of years and similar to yours. Mine does not have serrations and I went with the kydex sheath. I have not really used it for what it intended, unless digging up weeds falls into the general use of a fixed blade. This also reminds me that I probably need to sharpen mine and lightly oil it.

They’re usually poorly made.
Sometimes.
break after not even a year of usage.
Just be gentle and take care of them. 👍

It is funny though. I've never had an issue with headsets breaking. Even with headsets that have poor reviews. My dad broke his Turtlebeach PX22's after a couple years and mine are still going strong since like 2013. I use them quite often and take them on and off a couple times a day usually. I always find it interesting when people break their headsets. I don't get it.

It’s actually a big change from the Formula wheel. Wanted to play Dirt Rally 2.0 with my wheel and had some spending money this month. Buttons are a bit of a reach than I was used to though.

Felt the stitching though is a bit lackluster. Though we will see how it stands up.

Attachments

• 243962B2-DF06-417B-8F82-2BC088F165F8.jpeg
    243962B2-DF06-417B-8F82-2BC088F165F8.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 19
Nice! I have had one for a number of years and similar to yours. Mine does not have serrations and I went with the kydex sheath. I have not really used it for what it intended, unless digging up weeds falls into the general use of a fixed blade. This also reminds me that I probably need to sharpen mine and lightly oil it.

1211 (7" straight blade) is what I was looking for but couldn't find for the same price as the one I purchased (1212). I wanted the leather sheath but I will also be purchasing the kydex sheath for it as well.

Ordered Snowrunner just now for pretty much the same reason.

snowrunner_premium_ps4_cover.jpg

Lately I've been watching a lot of gameplay videos of this game. The last new game I purchased was Forza Horizon 4 when it was first released. Snow Runner looks very promising but I'm going to wait a bit because I don't want to end being disappointed with this game, just like I was with Project Cars 1.

Latest Posts

Back