Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,336 comments
Never really been into pins, but someone in the MK7 GTI owners group on Facebook was advertising their custom made pins. They made one of the MK7.5 GTI in Tornado Red, so I felt the need to have it. Is this what it's like to own a VW? :lol: Seems like most VW enthusiasts I know love buying anything that has to do with the brand or their car. (Not my photos)
il_1140xN.2380400493_hbxk.jpg

il_1140xN.2332813650_g0co.jpg

I got these just yesterday. Lately, I have been on a bit of a quest to replace a lot of my old, low-quality MP3's I have had for over a decade with ones of much better sound quality. (typically around 320 kbps) So I got these because not only were they cheap, but they had a fair number of the tracks I was looking to replace and the Keith Urban album had a few I had been wanting but didn't already have.
900AFF0E-8E56-4CB8-A895-F9A528596A2F.jpeg

Something I didn't realize until after listening to the Taylor Swift album is this CD has the radio edits of "Our Song", "Teardrops on My Guitar", and "Picture to Burn" instead of the original versions I was looking for, but I am okay with this. I had been wanting those versions of "Teardrops on My Guitar" and "Picture to Burn" anyways even if they're not direct replacements for what I currently have. So it's a win win either way! I'm getting to where I buy CD's more often now.

I got these just yesterday. Lately, I have been on a bit of a quest to replace a lot of my old, low-quality MP3's I have had for over a decade with ones of much better sound quality. (typically around 320 kbps) So I got these because not only were they cheap, but they had a fair number of the tracks I was looking to replace and the Keith Urban album had a few I had been wanting but didn't already have.
View attachment 927136
Something I didn't realize until after listening to the Taylor Swift album is this CD has the radio edits of "Our Song", "Teardrops on My Guitar", and "Picture to Burn" instead of the original versions I was looking for, but I am okay with this. I had been wanting those versions of "Teardrops on My Guitar" and "Picture to Burn" anyways even if they're not direct replacements for what I currently have. So it's a win win either way! I'm getting to where I buy CD's more often now.
T-Swizzle is bae

I’m amazed at that collection of physical media, especially since every set Metallica has done is available on their YouTube channel.

Recently I’ve been hooked on Pokemon TCG Online so to be able to bring some of that enjoyment to my students in the disguise of education I’ve ordered 3 theme decks.
0B0DD275-CAE8-4BE8-BF91-8BC2C606D018.jpeg

My word these little printed paper things are costly.

@Spacegoat after watching several more videos today, I made the decision to purchase this game. How do you like the game so far?

👍

Really wish I could tell you but I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the post. Tracking says it should be here by Thursday. Fingers crossed it gets here a bit earlier, I'm excited to try it out.

Last edited:
Just ordered Dior Magnitude sunglasses. Definitely not cheap at $265, but I’ve been looking at them for the past year.

Titanium frames and mirrored lenses.

They’re somewhat rare, and are discontinued. I hope they fit my noggin well, otherwise, I’ll just return them.

View attachment 927752

I’ve owned Oakleys upon Oakleys, and ultimately just found insufficient quality and over priced goods. Cost me hundreds (and hundreds) of totalled dollars.
Had a few years out of each pair.

Bought a pair of shades from Sainsbury’s (UK supermarket) for £23 in ‘15. Still have them for daily use. Only just starting to show their age.

Expensive shades are a waste of money, unless you really have to one-up your neighbours/ friends/ local fashion group.

I’ve owned Oakleys upon Oakleys, and ultimately just found insufficient quality and over priced goods. Cost me hundreds (and hundreds) of totalled dollars.
Had a few years out of each pair.

Bought a pair of shades from Sainsbury’s (UK supermarket) for £23 in ‘15. Still have them for daily use. Only just starting to show their age.

Expensive shades are a waste of money, unless you really have to one-up your neighbours/ friends/ local fashion group.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've only had two pairs of expensive sunglasses - One pair of Oakley sunglasses that I broke in my pocket when loading a mill - one pair of RayBans from 2018 which I still use on a frequent basis. Even then, those two pairs of sunglasses don't even add up to the total of these.

Initially, I was trying to find a cheaper knock-off, but I just couldn't.

I justified the purchase of these sunglasses on a basis that I would have blown the money on needless food and drink, and other non-essential things. Luckily, the saner part of me decided to take the rest of my paycheck and make a payment towards my tuition. These will get lost or broken eventually, but I've likely eaten $250 in fast food in the past 3 months, so I won't feel too bad if they do.

30 bucks + shipping... A bit expensive, but it does it's job! Finally recovering my data from my old hdd to revive my youtube!! :D

Ugreen-HDD-Case-2-5-SATA-to-USB-3-0-Adapter-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-for-SSD(1).jpg

Just ordered Dior Magnitude sunglasses. Definitely not cheap at $265, but I’ve been looking at them for the past year.

Titanium frames and mirrored lenses.

They’re somewhat rare, and are discontinued. I hope they fit my noggin well, otherwise, I’ll just return them.

View attachment 927752
Very nice. I hope they fit. As I have to wear bifocals, I never had sunglasses. Until a few years ago when I came into a few dollars I could spare for some new eyewear. You can see me with them here:
http://eyeglassboy.com/Customer_Of_The_Week_16.html
as you can see I got them at Eyeglassboy.com. Both pairs are no-line bifocals, and I still get a lot of compliments on them.

Very nice. I hope they fit. As I have to wear bifocals, I never had sunglasses. Until a few years ago when I came into a few dollars I could spare for some new eyewear. You can see me with them here:
http://eyeglassboy.com/Customer_Of_The_Week_16.html
as you can see I got them at Eyeglassboy.com. Both pairs are no-line bifocals, and I still get a lot of compliments on them.
Looks like they do a good job with their frames. The first thing I worry about is durability, as I’m a ‘buy it for life’ kind of person.

I’m looking for a pair of eyeglasses as well.

TB
I've purchased inexpensive sunglasses and always end up going back to Oakley. I'm on my fourth pair in 22 years.
I feel young. You’ve been wearing Oakley since before I could walk :lol:

I used to buy cheap sunglasses, but I ventured out and bought Oakleys with Prizm lenses, and it changed my idea of what ‘Good’ glasses can be.

Four pairs over 22 years is impressive, though I’ve heard Oakley has fallen off ever since being bought out by Luxottica, at least that’s what they would say at my old job.

Last edited:
A 20,000mAh Powerbank.
Supports Quick charge 3.0.
Charges my Nokia pretty darn quick.
Outputs 7v easily, can also charge a laptop that uses 30w.
power-bank-xiaomi-zmi-20000-mah-type-c-black-qb822.jpg

I feel young. You’ve been wearing Oakley since before I could walk :lol:
I bought my first pair sometime in 1996, I think so it might be 24 years. :lol:

I ventured out and bought Oakleys with Prizm lenses, and it changed my idea of what ‘Good’ glasses can be.
I've had my Prism pair just over a year and now that I'm used to them (they almost hurt your eyes with the clarity), they are absolutely amazing lenses. Everything else, including my old pair of polarized Oakleys, looks flat and dull.

Please let me know if you can get it working properly. I tried it a while ago but had horrible framerate and stuttering issues despite more than matching the recommended specs.

Biggest issue I've seen to date is being seemingly unable to select the Speedhunters Supra, instead it defaulting to the Speedhunter Challenger. Driving wise, still getting the hang of it after haven't played it since...er...2013 or so. Performance-wise, haven't noticed much wrong aside from a bit of pop-in that I'm fairly sure I can get smoothed over.

Got a road bike from my dad for next to nothing, which has been in his basement for ages. I know nothing about it other than it's old and the tires need to be replaced, but it's otherwise in near perfect shape. I'm not into riding bikes on the road so it will remain a stationary exercise bike.

49984876546_33a2ed5032_b.jpg

TB
I've had my Prism pair just over a year and now that I'm used to them (they almost hurt your eyes with the clarity), they are absolutely amazing lenses. Everything else, including my old pair of polarized Oakleys, looks flat and dull.
I have polarized RayBans that have amazing clarity, but the lenses are brown. I don’t like them as much as I initially did.

Its been a very long time since I’ve used non-polarized lenses, and these Dior glasses are non-polarized. I hope they have great quality, otherwise, I may return them and find another pair of sunglasses from somewhere else.

Got a road bike from my dad for next to nothing, which has been in his basement for ages. I know nothing about it other than it's old and the tires need to be replaced, but it's otherwise in near perfect shape. I'm not into riding bikes on the road so it will remain a stationary exercise bike.

49984876546_33a2ed5032_b.jpg

I like your Trek. ;)

I like your Trek. ;)
Which one, there are three Treks pictured (sorta). :D

Green is a Trek Marlin 5, black is a Stache 7 and hiding in the back is a Rumblefish. The green one is a wonderful bike for the price, not too shabby on equipment either despite being one of the cheapest Trek's available new.

I got these pins from an artist I discovered on Twitter named Meyoco. She makes these gorgeous pins.

This is her store (although it's closed right now.) This is the second set of pins I've bought from her. They are always beautiful and well made. These are the pins I got from her recently. This photo doesn't do them any justice. They really sparkle in real life.

Got these today! :D

Like I said in my last post, I have been going through and replacing a lot of my old low-quality MP3's from long ago with ones of much higher sound quality. When I got to the songs "My Town" by Montgomery Gentry and "Swing" by Trace Adkin's, I noticed they were quite different from the versions used on the album and a bit shorter and upon researching it, I found out they were single edits. So I looked on iTunes and "various other places" and could not find a replacement for these with decent sound quality anywhere. Then I look on Ebay and bam, there they were! So I got them both!

Ironically, the Montgomery Gentry CD came from the same seller that sold me that Keith Urban CD I bought last year. What's interesting about the Montgomery Gentry CD is when I put it in my computer and opened it in iTunes, Gracenote actually did NOT recognize it and was not able to retrieve any relevant information on it. I legitimately have never had this happen before. (apart from burned CD's) It's not even listed on Discog's either. I suspect this one is a bit uncommon.
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG

I've already compared the audio for both in Audacity and they are a match to what I had before, but with much higher sound quality. So yes, I am pretty satisfied with both of these! 👍

Now if I can just scan or photocopy the covers of these, that'd be great since I can't find very good images of them.

Back