Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,306 comments
A "worthy" addition:

IMG20210526120130.jpg

A couple of things.

New Pokemon Snap (Picked up 12 months of Nintendo online membership as well).

912-OgtfQKL._SY445_.jpg

And new headphones. HyperX Cloud Stinger.

hx-product-headset-stinger-black-hxhscsbk-1-sm.jpg

I was waiting for the order to be cancelled because the deal was too good but now that I have a tracking number, a rubber bed mat for the Tacoma.

8593aa6095da7523a07c61e3d97a5318.jpg

Paused a movie I was watching in the bedroom to switch some laundry out, came back and the TV was off and wouldn't turn back on.

Fourteen and a half years. Not a bad run.

Went from a 32" 720p to a 43" 4k.

desktop-01.jpg

TB
Only took 2 months to get a replacement that wasn't bent.

View attachment 1004977
I had everything sorted with Traeger a month ago. I still have the first, busted smoker that they haven't sent me a return label to ship it back and today Ireceived an email that I have another... something... coming from them tomorrow.

I thought it might finally be the return label but the shipping details says its 38 pounds.

I'm betting it's a third barrel. :boggled:

I'm hoping it's a bag of pellets, some rub and BBQ sauce, instead. :lol:.

TB
I had everything sorted with Traeger a month ago. I still have the first, busted smoker that they haven't sent me a return label to ship it back and today Ireceived an email that I have another... something... coming from them tomorrow.

I thought it might finally be the return label but the shipping details says its 38 pounds.

I'm betting is a third barrel. :boggled:

I'm hoping it's a bag of pellets, some rub and BBQ sauce, instead. :lol:.
38 lbs of pure American steaks would be better than a bunch of wood turds.

Picked up a Japan only release of Studio Ghibli short films and advertisements they have done. Region free but no English subs or audio.

56DE4A66-8463-4B84-892C-FE63E52C05D8.jpeg

Picked up a Japan only release of Studio Ghibli short films and advertisements they have done. Region free but no English subs or audio.

View attachment 1014558
Cool, nice find 👍

I made it all the way to the Studio Ghibli Museum on the outskirts of Tokyo, only to find that they do not allow walk-ins. Luckily I didn't have my heart set on it but it was still a bit disappointing. I'm not sure how common knowledge it is that it is really quite difficult to get in to this place, and I imagine a fair few foreign fans have been bitterly disappointed to discover that not only could they not get in to the museum on spec, but that they can't even book a ticket for a later date either. They operate a system whereby they release a limited number of tickets each month for visits the following month, but they get snapped up pretty fast. Basically, you need to book a ticket through an agent before you travel, otherwise you're pretty much screwed unless you happen to be staying in Japan for a couple of months...

Cool, nice find 👍

I made it all the way to the Studio Ghibli Museum on the outskirts of Tokyo, only to find that they do not allow walk-ins. Luckily I didn't have my heart set on it but it was still a bit disappointing. I'm not sure how common knowledge it is that it is really quite difficult to get in to this place, and I imagine a fair few foreign fans have been bitterly disappointed to discover that not only could they not get in to the museum on spec, but that they can't even book a ticket for a later date either. They operate a system whereby they release a limited number of tickets each month for visits the following month, but they get snapped up pretty fast. Basically, you need to book a ticket through an agent before you travel, otherwise you're pretty much screwed unless you happen to be staying in Japan for a couple of months...

Great to know, if I ever make it to Japan at some point. I really want to visit and hit some of the Jazz Cafes in and around Tokyo but also head out around Japan itself as there are all sorts of cool Cafes dotted all over.

Joined the glove wearing sim crowd. Feel good. Though I might have short thumbs as everything fits great, but the thumb is maybe a quarter of a inch long.
44F644D4-8729-4DF0-85AF-8B5930D49E90.jpeg
0E48D60A-BACC-4F21-AB39-4429F2EE81D5.jpeg

Brought all of this mess home today.
20210603_162253.jpg
20210603_162316.jpg

The main prize was these two Storm bowling balls. I chose them based on the recommendation of my proshop operator to complement the other ball I posted a few months ago. Storm's cool shtick is that their reactive balls are scented; in my case, the HyRoad (left) is Mixed Berry and the Proton PhysiX (right) is Frosted Cupcake. The actual smells have that synthetic quality to them, but they're easy on the olfactories.

20210603_162345.jpg

I also made the decision to move to Switch Grips. This means that I have a thumb slug (pictured at the top) that I can insert into all of my balls in order to have the same feel, as opposed to trying to get multiple thumb grips feeling 100% identical. It also allows me to have a bigger slug in case my thumb swells up, hence the two grips. Some people are able to twist them in and out with their bare hands, but since I have dainty baby thumbs I also grabbed a Switch-a-Roo (weird thing with the red handle) to make my life easy.

20210603_162440.jpg
20210603_162557.jpg

Last but certainly not least is this lovely 4-ball rolling bag. For years I've put up with lugging a 3-ball roller and a single ball bag over my shoulder, but now I'm finally able to consolidate everything into one neat package...that weighs in over 60lbs fully loaded. However, as you can see the top half separates from the chassis, which makes things much easier when I lug it to the basement or put it in my trunk.

Last edited:

I have been eyeing these up at Playtech ... Went in and tried the demo rig a while ago, they wouldn't let me load up iRacing to test it though, not really keen to fork out that much if I cant test out on iRacing first as that's my preferred sim.

Would be keen to know your thoughts on it (and what sims/games you use it for).

I have been eyeing these up at Playtech ... Went in and tried the demo rig a while ago, they wouldn't let me load up iRacing to test it though, not really keen to fork out that much if I cant test out on iRacing first as that's my preferred sim.

Would be keen to know your thoughts on it (and what sims/games you use it for).

I got it from Playtech and I love it. It's a huge improvement on the T300 I had before.
I play mostly iRacing, some AMS2 and some ACC. iRacing feels so much better and I can feel things I never felt before.

The build quality is very impressive and the torque is amazing. On 100% I can hardly turn the wheel, so I use it on 30% on iRacing. Even so, my arms were hurting after a 90 min league race.

Definitely not regretting my wife getting it for my birthday,

Last edited:
TB
I was waiting for the order to be cancelled because the deal was too good but now that I have a tracking number, a rubber bed mat for the Tacoma.

8593aa6095da7523a07c61e3d97a5318.jpg
I'm not doing well with shipments lately.

I ordered a short box bed mat and they shipped out a long box.

20210604_151315.jpg

This one is being shipped back and a short box will be shipped out on Monday.

There went their profit margin.

Could you not trim that down with a box cutter? I know that’s sort of besides the point, but it might save you from further headache.

Could you not trim that down with a box cutter? I know that’s sort of besides the point, but it might save you from further headache.
I would but the mistake was on their end, not mine so they can fix it.

Picked up another model kit, this time it's the ADFX-01 Morgan from Ace Combat Zero.

20210604_200821.jpg

Still need to finish the Nazca kit, but this at least gives me a bit of extra incentive.

il_794xN.2720719229_oh0e.jpg

Papero Yeti Backpack 28L.
produkty__1_1_-1.jpg

Some black Havaianas for the summer.

Attachments

• il_794xN.2720719229_oh0e.jpg
    il_794xN.2720719229_oh0e.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
Ordered an Air Tag for the Doggo. It’s not like he runs off, he’s really good, but it’s just a safety net.

2AA8E791-3415-43A8-8C73-EA232DA7ECBC.jpeg

IMG_20210607_120703.jpg

So, today I've learned that Havaianas size 43/44 in Brazil are actually 46 in Europe.

Just why? It's not too big, but still. I had no clue Brazil had its own wierd sizies.

Back