Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,336 comments
Wednesday is New Comic Book Day. Although it’s ironic since only five of the 18 comics here are new. The rest are reprints of classic comics or collections of previously published material.
EF4EF96F-708D-49E9-A896-D7E993B77DDE.jpeg

I just ordered a Vox Mini Superbeetle 25w amp in British Racing Green. It’s a limited edition color, but I was waiting for the July 4th sales to get a deal on it. Last week, everyone had them in stock. This morning they were nowhere to be found. Almost. I got an open box but otherwise new one from Alto Music. They knocked a little off the price because of that. It should be here in about a week.
D979F9EB-8233-487A-9AAE-A069DDC11A27.png

Latest resupply included bbq coal, WD40, windscreen wipers and insoles for my boots.

Miscellaneous food stuffs too.

I hate shopping, but necessities are necessary.

I've been super excited about Gearbreakers since I first saw it and put in the pre order. Like who wouldn't want a sapphic sci-fi/cyberpunk book involving giant mechs?

Really enjoyed the little bit of it I've managed to find time to read so far, and can't wait to finish it and add it to the stacks of WLW books I have on my shelves ^-^
fc0xi4.jpg

I've been super excited about Gearbreakers since I first saw it and put in the pre order. Like who wouldn't want a sapphic sci-fi/cyberpunk book involving giant mechs?

Really enjoyed the little bit of it I've managed to find time to read so far, and can't wait to finish it and add it to the stacks of WLW books I have on my shelves ^-^
View attachment 1065010
Did you get this from a book store or a comic shop?

New bar toys 😁, now if only the builders would get to work and start the garage extension so I can install everything into the existing section 🥺

20210706_082140.jpg
20210706_082247.jpg

Any suggestions for a good bowling and/or golf game (or any other good motion control party friendly games) would be most welcome.

New bar toys 😁, now if only the builders would get to work and start the garage extension so I can install everything into the existing section 🥺

View attachment 1065331View attachment 1065332

Any suggestions for a good bowling and/or golf game (or any other good motion control party friendly games) would be most welcome.
If you have a PS3 system with the move controllers I'd go for sports champion the disc golf is great.

If you have a PS3 system with the move controllers I'd go for sports champion the disc golf is great.
I've still got my old PS3 (and my PS1, PS2 and PS4) but no move controllers. I did think about going that way and Sports Champions 1 and 2 were games I'd been looking at but finding decent move controllers was starting to become a headache, and then my wife spotted a Ring Fit commercial and that was that, her mind was made up, which meant my mind was made up too. I couldn't really complain about the added expense of a new console after my TV purchase and upcoming Series S purchase though.

Starting a book collection. Beginning with the Canterbury Leatherbound Classics. Trying to save my wallet by spending only $100 a month on books. I missed this feeling of giddiness when buying books.

I'll start reading them by the end of this week, haven't really had time unfortunately.

IMG_20210702_133232_721.jpg

IMG_20210702_133232_744.jpg

IMG_20210701_133347_443.jpg

IMG_20210701_133347_446.jpg

IMG_20210701_133347_449.jpg

IMG_20210701_133035_175.jpg

IMG_20210701_133347_429.jpg

Also, got some football gear for the family and my cousin. My Addidas cleats tore at the sole:

20210706_122717.jpg

so I figured instead of doing a silicone hack job that would probably last me only another session or so, I might as well get new gear. Those cleats have lasted since 2014, so they've more than served their purpose.

20210706_122204.jpg

Thanks to the summer sales, I got all this gear for $145 CAD :D

Last edited:
Starting a book collection. Beginning with the Canterbury Leatherbound Classics. Trying to save my wallet by spending only $100 a month on books. I missed this feeling of giddiness when buying books.

I'll start reading them by the end of this week, haven't really had time unfortunately.

View attachment 1065563

View attachment 1065565

View attachment 1065567
Hey I have a few of those too! Awesome looking books, my only issue is that some of them use a very small font (the Edgar Allen Poe one in particular) which gets tiring after a while.

Hey I have a few of those too! Awesome looking books, my only issue is that some of them use a very small font (the Edgar Allen Poe one in particular) which gets tiring after a while.

Yea I knew this going into them. The Jane Austen collection, Edgar Allen Poe, Alice in Wonderland, and I think Robert Frost's Collection has small font. The rest of them should be good.

I don't mind it too much, for now.

Last edited:
@Team THRT Drift, those books look lovely. There's something really nice about having a quality book.

Last time I read the Sherlock Holmes book you've got there, many of the pages were falling out. :(
(I did borrow it from the school library though)

I was moving some things around and came across the case for Total Annihilation Kingdoms and was feeling the desire to play it again. However. I don't have to disc for the expansion pack, which is what I actually wanted to play.

Gog to the rescue.

MV5BMTUwNTQ2ODItOGU3OC00Zjk5LTg4M2YtYzg1ODI2ODk4NTYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Bonus - it was on sale for $3 instead of the normal $6. 🤣

@Team THRT Drift, those books look lovely. There's something really nice about having a quality book.

Last time I read the Sherlock Holmes book you've got there, many of the pages were falling out. 🙁
(I did borrow it from the school library though)
Well at least it sounds like that book entertained quite a few students.

The Sherlock Holmes collection and the Charles Dickens collection have me worried as they're a little old. You can hear the pages crackle when you turn them. I'm sure with some use the binding will loosen a bit and it will be more useable.

The Edgar Allan Poe book however is immaculate.

Last edited:
The speaker on my iPad is slowly dying, so I got this Sony SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker last night while I was shopping at Target. It works great.
A9C3DFE2-6357-4370-993A-EA44C21CCF2F.jpeg

Today is Wednesday which means new comic books. Only twelve today. If I wasn’t buying old Archie reprints it would only be four. But I’m not complaining. I love those old Archie comics. Wonder Girl is a pleasant surprise. Truly gorgeous art and impressive writing.
EFFB8A2D-FCCE-4BAB-9A9F-E5FC40FD9711.jpeg

If this one doesn't fit (and it absolutely should) I'm throwing the entire toilet right out of the window. 😂

41y-x6CslRL._AC_.jpg
Flapper two in a number of days. Your other flapper must be doing some serious damage against your new flappers.

If this one doesn't fit (and it absolutely should) I'm throwing the entire toilet right out of the window. 😂

41y-x6CslRL._AC_.jpg

No throwing of the toilet is necessary. I don't know what I'm going to do with the other I bought, I'm not going through the hassle of returning something that cost $11. So...spare flapper I can't use, I guess? Yay! Now I have to mess with the dial to save water but whatever, I'm glad I don't have to listen to a running toilet anymore.

Picked up some stuff from the Steam Sale before it ended:

Steam-Sale-Goodies.jpg

Last edited:
Back