Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,329 comments
My first set of serious headphones and amplifier.

Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition headphones
Schiit Magni Heresy headphone amp

Velour ear pads ftw

20210702_155103.jpg

20210702_155437.jpg

20210707_160912.jpg

gg1MS0Ol.png

Mostly because the way Wikipedia describes the music video is unintentionally hilarious to me, especially this gem:
Till Lindemann is portrayed in simple close-up shots, sternly singing the lyrics and at one point sporting a menacing pair of goggles.

Book store! Picked it up from Barnes and Noble!
Nice. I was already planning on going to B&N on Sunday. I’ll look for it then. And if I may recommend a WLW graphic novel back to you, have you seen Roadqueen: Eternal Roadtrip to Love by Mira Ong Chua? Hilarious and beautifully illustrated story. You can find it at B&N as well.

Last edited:
Two family cars was a bit too much, esp. with me not driving a lot anymore the past year, so gonna ditch one car and bought this one. Was eyeballing a new MX-5, but decided it wasn't worth it at this time, so went with this: a 2006 Mercedes-Benz R171 SLK 200 Kompressor. Picking it up on Saturday. :)

2c6fcbf9-c568-4e4b-bf94-6ee683bf1a4b.jpeg

Compact? Really?
I have one of those packs and can confirm they do compress down quite tight. They also hold a fair amount.

I had to order some new straps for mine as the standard ones were naff. That said, it’s now over 6 years old and has taken a hell of a beating (cycle commuting pack), and is still in great shape.

TB
View attachment 1067645

Hopefully things don't go down the crapper.

Still need to book the flight and car...
I'd like to try and use the search feature to see just how many times you have posted about Hawaii. However, I don't feel like being responsible for GTP crashing tonight. 😝

-------

I'm currently deciding on whether or not to drop Hulu completely and go for HBO Max. I currently pay for Hulu plus the Live TV package, and I really don't watch it all that much. Can't get local sports on it anymore, and Bally Sports may eventually go to a subscription itself and that's what I would go for for sports.

I could get HBO, Bally, and Netflix combined for less than Hulu Live TV by itself. (Providing Bally starts up and it's less than $35.)

Last edited:
I'd like to try and use the search feature to see just how many times you have posted about Hawaii. However, I don't feel like being responsible for GTP crashing tonight.
I'm sure I account for half of the references to "it". 🤣

Back