Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,343 comments
I can't fathom why other people do lots of things as hobbies, that doesn't mean they are wasting their time and money as you seem to be implying
I wasn’t having a dig. Simply commenting about my confusion with work simulators.

IMG_20210813_085339_53984924800095.jpg

Time to take some photos of bikes...

If you went to a garage and offered them free labour to fix cars, you’d still be financially better off.
I can’t fathom why anyone would buy a work simulator. :lol:
Simply put, instant gratification with no physical labour.

Clean a rusty part? One simple click. Break loose a rusty bolt? One simple click.

Want to have the satisfaction of mowing a lawn but not the hassle of mosquitoes, spiders, grass clippings, the heat, etc.? Lawnmowing Simulator.

Want to powerwash the driveway without running up your water bill and standing in the heat and the noise? Powerwash Simulator 😂

Last edited:
My latest purchase is an Xbox Series X but I thought I'd post my full setup since it was the finishing touch for it. The LEDs are remote controlled so can be dimmed or changed depending on what we're doing and I still need to tidy some cables away but I'm pretty happy with it already!

tRAIUh.jpg

Wood burner?
Wind powered is my guess. Like a yacht but with wheels.
You just shovel money into the fuel tank. It craps out so much carbon they had to invent a new tax bracket for it. In fact it's truly mystifying Mazda sold any of them in the UK, much more so that they sold 1,196 of them.

You just shovel money into the fuel tank. It craps out so much carbon they had to invent a new tax bracket for it. In fact it's truly mystifying Mazda sold any of them in the UK, much more so that they sold 1,196 of them
Is it the 2.3 turbo?

It craps out so much carbon they had to invent a new tax bracket for it.
That's...honestly amazing. I don't know if I should laugh or be concerned, but it's amazing nonetheless.

Had no idea CX-7s were sold in the UK, figured it was something Mazda made exclusively for the US. How's living with it so far?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20210814_191209.jpg

Like many here, I already have GT3, but I figured I'd get the bundle variant with the all-red disc, because why the hell not? As for Armored Core, I've always had an interest in the series, but never knew where to start. Then I saw AC2 at my local game store, and decided to just pull the trigger.

I guess I'll look at some "Hot Wheel" cars as that's all I got money for!
I’m mainly struggling to find something because my budget is rather low.
They have a solution for that too.

View attachment 1074390
Do you think it comes with Tankdozer?

I dug up my flower patch yesterday and and replaced it with turf so my daughter has more play space. Also bought the trellis and the plants.
D9ABD321-9443-42FC-8EB4-46E8A3BF0C93.jpeg

That's...honestly amazing. I don't know if I should laugh or be concerned, but it's amazing nonetheless.
It's a mild exaggeration :D

In essence, the UK's "road tax" (which wasn't really a tax for the roads, it was just a name) was the same for every car up to about 1999. Then they introduced a lower rate for cars with engines under 1.1 litres, which lasted until 2001.

In 2001 they introduced a new system; cars registered before March 2001 were still in two different engine categories (under 1.55, 1.55 and over), but anything registered after that went into an emissions banding system. That meant that the lower your car's homologated CO2 emissions, the less you paid. The lowest band, band A, was for cars producing 100g/km CO2 or less, and the rate was £0. The highest was band G for cars over 225g/km.

That lasted until 2008, when the government decided to change the bands from 7 to 13 and - somewhat uncharitably - backdated the change to March 2006. The new bands ran from A (0) to K (226g/km and above) from cars registered from March 2001 to March 2006, with additional bands L (226-255) and M (256+) for cars registered from April 2006 onwards.

Mazda had introduced the CX-7 to the UK, exclusively as a petrol turbo, in September 2007, which meant that the first owners got away with paying Band G (though it was £400/y) in the first year, but subsequently the car fell into Band L at £415/y in 2008, and then £430/y in 2009. Rates have consistently gone up year on year, and it currently sits - as I well know - at £585/y.

So in effect the UK introduced a new tax band after the CX-7 was launched, backdated to apply to before the car's launch, so I'm mildly exaggerating when I say they had to make a new tax bracket for it, but not much :D

Unpredictably, that completely killed sales. They sold under 1,200 of them (just under 700 remain registered and licensed, with just over 100 more registered but declared off the road) in three years, before withdrawing it and introducing a replacement 2.2-litre diesel which had 100hp less and was half the cost to tax.

243g/km, for reference (equivalent to 26.9mpg). On my blast home in it, I got 29.9mpg before I gave it a little handling test on my traditional final leg of the journey (it did well enough), and that dropped to 29.5mpg. Considering the handling test route is four miles and the rest of the journey was 270 miles, that 0.4mpg drop is a slight hint that the throttle is a money-burning device.

Last edited:
This came in the mail today. Sweet Paprika is a romantic sex comedy comic by Italian artist Mirka Andolfo. This is the uncensored “Hot Paprika” version in the oversized ”DeLust Edition.” Andolfo is one of my favorite artists/writers. Even though it’s all in Italian, well, that’s what Google Translate is for. And it’s worth it to me to have the un-watered down version of the comic. Cover spoiler-tagged for spiciness.
819F158A-A374-4656-8039-C66E59E296FE.jpeg
C936034D-7917-456A-ABD6-EA6268D4B635.jpeg

Israeli T3 Bandage x3
NAR Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT) Gen 7 x3
Fluff Bandage Roll x 6
Hyfin Vent Compact Chest Seal x 3
H&H Mini Compression Bandage x 3
Survival Rescue Blanket x 3
Moleskin (pack of 4) x 1
Leatherman Raptor Shears x 1

I added these to the stuff I already had and keep in my truck.

No, I'm not a medical professional or in the medical field. But I do believe in being (somewhat overly) prepared for things.
Medium-size medical bag (for all the FAK supplies)

PS+ 12-month subscription

It's a mild exaggeration :D

In essence, the UK's "road tax" (which wasn't really a tax for the roads, it was just a name) was the same for every car up to about 1999. Then they introduced a lower rate for cars with engines under 1.1 litres, which lasted until 2001.

In 2001 they introduced a new system; cars registered before March 2001 were still in two different engine categories (under 1.55, 1.55 and over), but anything registered after that went into an emissions banding system. That meant that the lower your car's homologated CO2 emissions, the less you paid. The lowest band, band A, was for cars producing 100g/km CO2 or less, and the rate was £0. The highest was band G for cars over 225g/km.

That lasted until 2008, when the government decided to change the bands from 7 to 13 and - somewhat uncharitably - backdated the change to March 2006. The new bands ran from A (0) to K (226g/km and above) from cars registered from March 2001 to March 2006, with additional bands L (226-255) and M (256+) for cars registered from April 2006 onwards.

Mazda had introduced the CX-7 to the UK, exclusively as a petrol turbo, in September 2007, which meant that the first owners got away with paying Band G (though it was £400/y) in the first year, but subsequently the car fell into Band L at £415/y in 2008, and then £430/y in 2009. Rates have consistently gone up year on year, and it currently sits - as I well know - at £585/y.

So in effect the UK introduced a new tax band after the CX-7 was launched, backdated to apply to before the car's launch, so I'm mildly exaggerating when I say they had to make a new tax bracket for it, but not much :D

Unpredictably, that completely killed sales. They sold under 1,200 of them (just under 700 remain registered and licensed, with just over 100 more registered but declared off the road) in three years, before withdrawing it and introducing a replacement 2.2-litre diesel which had 100hp less and was half the cost to tax.

243g/km, for reference (equivalent to 26.9mpg). On my blast home in it, I got 29.9mpg before I gave it a little handling test on my traditional final leg of the journey (it did well enough), and that dropped to 29.5mpg. Considering the handling test route is four miles and the rest of the journey was 270 miles, that 0.4mpg drop is a slight hint that the throttle is a money-burning device.
As an almost more stupid situation with the tax brackets, on my S4 the auto (7spd DSG) is £340 a year to tax, but the manual version (6spd) is in the same bracket as your CX-7, so I save £245 a year! [/ManMaths]

Back