Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,251 comments
I thought awnings were retractable.

As @Populuxe Cowboy put it, glass thingy is fine. 😂

The Office Nbc GIF

Last edited:
I’ve been looking to get a decent pair of headphones for a while now. I’ve been watching a lot of DankPods on YouTube recently, and a pair he kept recommending that was in my price range was a set of Samson SR850s
A5B24DA1-CC13-486B-8AC1-760B03FB21B8.jpeg
E49A8BC1-C1F1-4C20-A167-404FAB3F6B80.jpeg

So far, I’m loving them.

Edit: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sounds AMAZING through these.

Last edited:
Big week for comics. The highlight is Sweet Paprika. It’s written and drawn by one of my all-time favorite artists, Mirka Andolfo. It’s about the romance between uptight but very successful business woman devil Paprika, and handsome slacker delivery boy angel Dill. I Am Not Starfire is a graphic novel by Mariko Tamaki and Yoshi Yo****ani. It’s got a bunch of incels filling their adult diapers in rage, but don’t listen to them. It’s well written and beautifully illustrated.
FAD82331-14C1-40AC-B293-74F36DC946D5.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't know that strollers are so expensive. :eek:
That's not even an expensive one! The one up from that was £800, and even then there were others that sell for even more. My parents paid for it though so 🤷‍♂️

A friend and I stopped at the Duwamish Longhouse and Cultural Center in South Seattle today. I got four enamel pins, a key ring, and a large sticker. All the art is by native Northwest artists. The small sticker on the right shows how the word “Duwamish” is written in the Lushootseed language. I’ve lived here for nearly 60 years, and I’m only just now starting to learn about the history of this region before Europeans arrived. It’s a fascinating subject.
9D17F7D2-F1BA-4041-8094-26C7D40FCA1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Grabbed a PC copy of NFS: Porsche Unleashed. I had the PS1 version as a kid but didn't get to enjoy it much because my older brother broke the disc...

Got it running just fine on a Windows 10 laptop and I am loving it.
51353189189_baabd234b1_c.jpg

THE MEMORIES!!! 😍😍 I used to play this on PC all the time when I was a kid.

Grabbed a PC copy of NFS: Porsche Unleashed. I had the PS1 version as a kid but didn't get to enjoy it much because my older brother broke the disc...

Got it running just fine on a Windows 10 laptop and I am loving it.
51353189189_baabd234b1_c.jpg
A surprisingly fun experience on keyboard.

A few things. Two essentials, two not so much. Still waiting for the dragon window sticker to show up, but aside from the floor mats being a tad too wide, its all worked out thus far. The wheel locks were my main concern, but they fit nicely.

dodge 1.PNGdodge 2.PNGdodge 3.PNGdodge 4.PNG

I got several more enamel pins in the mail today. The top group is from https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinsByRini. I used to pick these up every time I went to the Uwajimaya bookstore in Seattle, but the display was gone the last couple times I visited. So I did some searching and found the correct Etsy shop. I love these food-based pins. They’re fun and whimsical. They threw in a “Pin Trade Negotiator” pin for free, but I’ll never trade. These are too much fun.

The bottom pins are from https://store.dokirosi.com/. I found them while scrolling through Twitter. This is a brand new collection called “Urban Jungle” so I bought all nine. They’re truly stunning in person.
8270A4B2-82D1-422C-A257-C54DF41E92BC.jpeg

I picked up a bag of Hawaiian Brand “Way Out Wasabi” chips. I always try to grab these special batch chips whenever Hawaiian (or their owner Tim’s Chips) releases them. They’re good, but you have to remember two things: They’re not made in Hawaii and there’s no wasabi in them.
EB3C35D6-0023-4738-B11C-D65FFC219F1D.jpeg

I’ve acquired some 501s. Technically not my purchase as my wife bought them but they’re for me.

Here are my comic purchases from last week. I strongly recommend Not All Robots by Mark Russell and Mike Deodato, Jr. The former is one of the smartest writers in comics right now, and the latter is a brilliantly talented veteran comic artist.
6E1FD215-CA58-4894-9EEC-8ED6FBA82F8E.jpeg

I got my Kickstarter rewards for BitterxSweet, a comics anthology featuring punk/goth girls and the cute pink girls who love them.
5B1292F3-31CA-4022-9126-7C07190D4F14.jpeg

Another comic I picked up is a zine by Yamino. She creates a web comic called Sister Claire that is 💯% worth checking out. She also has an AU based around the Incredibles she calls Elastigale. It’s about a love affair between Elastigirl and Stratogale before Gale died and Helen met Bob. This zine focuses on Evelyn’s damaged emotional state after the events of Incredibles 2. Get all her zines on Gumroad and support indie artists. https://yamino.gumroad.com/
3E30C667-75D2-4753-A7A2-4C5EF4B181AF.jpeg

Finally. I just watched the latest The Mads Are Back livestream featuring Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff from MST3K, with Lizz Winstead as their aftershow guest. Absolutely hilarious.
1D83821E-519E-4F3A-AA77-4CACBAFA1FE6.jpeg

I have an expensive paper weight DSLR camera I never use, so I got a polarizer filter and may get a new lens (one of my favorites is a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 I used to have) in the hopes to get back out and take pics. Travelling is off the table so local trips and car photos will do.

1371039794_56636.jpg

Last edited:
I’m thinking you must have a huge book shelf somewhere in your house. Or a massive hard drive.
I use the ComiXology app. I just download the ones I want to read and then delete them from my iPad when I’m done. If I want to reread them, I can always download them again.

I had a bit of an iPad emergency today. I have an iPad Air 2 that is six years old. The screen is cracked but that wasn’t the real problem. It’s been getting harder and harder to keep it charged. This morning, I discovered I couldn’t get the charger to plug in at all. I took it to a repair shop. They were able to get it cleaned up enough that I was able to plug the charger back in, but it needs to stay plugged in if it’s going to remain operational. So I bought a newer iPad Air 2 they had for sale for $200.
F24AE47D-DB1E-41EF-8956-D015F8475C55.jpeg

If you went to a garage and offered them free labour to fix cars, you’d still be financially better off.
I can’t fathom why anyone would buy a work simulator. :lol:
I can't fathom why other people do lots of things as hobbies, that doesn't mean they are wasting their time and money as you seem to be implying, it just means they have different interests than myself. Personally I enjoy games like this as I find them relaxing, they're a nice break from the usual stress inducing games and in the case of Car Mechanic Simulator a big part of the appeal is flipping cars, which is something that interests me.

Last edited:
Back