Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,386 comments
I got fed up of trying to use our blunt kitchen knife every evening so bought a Shun Premier santoku

View attachment 1279325
Blunt knives are irritating as ****, especially when cutting fat from meat.

My daughter is learning calculator so I gave her my databank and picked up a cheapo Decathlon watch.
It’s an upgrade in the sense that it has a backlight and countdown timer, things I really do want in a watch.

IMG_7878.jpeg

There’s no monitors, camera, connectivity or anything else “smart”. Unavoidably made in China.

Blunt knives are irritating as ****, especially when cutting fat from meat.
Our previous knife was so blunt it struggled to cut into a tomato unless you punctured the skin with the tip of the knife first :lol:

So I got this today!
IMG_1802.JPEG

A Planet Hot Wheels Energy Disc my brother got about 20 years ago had several demos of Hot Wheels games and this one of them. Growing up I really enjoyed playing that disc and naturally, I became drawn to this game as a result and eventually wanted to get the game for myself. So I finally did after all these years and after some fiddling with the configuration settings, I was able to get it to run and it plays great! :) Really happy to finally have this in my possession, it's a simple, but fun game to play when I need to just chill out.

Last edited:
So I got this today!
View attachment 1279478
A Planet Hot Wheels Energy Disc my brother got about 20 years ago had several demos of Hot Wheels games and this one of them. Growing up I really enjoyed playing that disc and naturally, I became drawn to this game as a result and eventually wanted to get the game for myself. So I finally did after all these years and after some fiddling with the configuration settings, I was able to get it to run and it plays great! :) Really happy to finally have this in my possession, it's a simple, but fun game to play when I need to just chill out.
I’m honestly amazed you still have a disc drive to run it with.

I’m honestly amazed you still have a disc drive to run it with.
I do but I don't. My laptop has one, but it's gotten very uncooperative to the point it's not worth using anymore. So I bought an external disc drive a while back so I could continue playing disc-based games and rip CDs and it works! It was because of this I was able to play this game! :)

Last edited:
An energy meter which clamps onto live feed from meter and integrates with Home Assistant.
Will provide me with continuous readings of power consumption.....

IMG_0562.jpeg

Unlike a lot of these, this one does NOT go outside my network, is read directly over wifi by Home Assistant or the app on my phone.

Rather hilariously it took a week to get from Sofia to France and then another week to get from France to Heathrow and then 12 hours to be delivered to me:lol:

I technically didn't need this, but wanted to try it. I heard so many good things about this company and their work on their N64 controller, so I got intrigued by the fact they made a Playstation controller. Currently charging it, but am excited to try it later.
1691890430037.jpeg

Despite what I said above, I also wanted an actual PS2 controller in blue. Because I like to collect controllers sometimes. I have a black, silver, and green controller.
1691890441716.jpeg

I bought a GC Controller usb adapter so I could play my Gamecube controllers on the PC.
1691890595944.jpeg

And I bought this to also try my PS2 controllers on the PC or my PS3. It works on my computer great so far, I just tried it.
1691890684160.jpeg

I got RE Remake for GC, but only disc 1 because I lost my original disc 1 somewhere. Don't know how.
1691890848311.jpeg

So I got this today!
IMG_1805.jpeg

Ever since I started watching S1apsh0es on YouTube back in 2020, I’ve developed an intense fascination for abandoned race tracks. Naturally I was already interested in this book for that reason alone, but the fact it had some pictures I have not been able to find anywhere else was another. The biggest thing for me was it covered a track called Dog Track Speedway, one that’s been living rent free in my head for years now that I’ve wanted to know more about, but couldn’t find much on. While I didn’t find as much on it as I had hoped, it still delivers some interesting info.

The book is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and it’s proving to be more fascinating than anticipated! I’ll definitely read this sometime soon! :)

Last edited:
I technically didn't need this, but wanted to try it. I heard so many good things about this company and their work on their N64 controller, so I got intrigued by the fact they made a Playstation controller. Currently charging it, but am excited to try it later.
View attachment 1279720
I bought a wired Brawler64 controller a few years ago. Only real complaint I have with it, is the joystick is a bit too sensitive for FPS games. Very nice other than that though.

Last edited:
Our previous knife was so blunt it struggled to cut into a tomato unless you punctured the skin with the tip of the knife first :lol:
Ours is so blunt the nicks in the edge actually work like serrations so as long as you cut with a slicing motion it's actually not that bad... Obviously trying to get a straight cut is futile. I stopped bothering trying to sharpen it though because my partner keeps drying them on the wire rack edge down and absolutely refuses to just wipe the knife dry with a tea towel and put it back in the block.

That's a nice knife by the way!

Last edited:
I bought a wired Brawler64 controller a few years ago. Only real complaint I have with it, is the joystick is a bit too sensitive for FPS games. Very nice other than that though.
Ah, then I guess I might be good as the only games I'm probably going to play are more 3d platformers and racing games. I spend most of my time playing GT3 & 4 anyway.

So another thing I got yesterday was this:
IMG_1806.jpeg

IMG_1807.jpeg

Unfortunately I apparently didn’t pay close enough attention to what I was buying because I thought I was getting the CD that had this song and various remixes of it, but didn’t know until it arrived I had actually got this instead. Not the sellers fault though, it was mine for not looking closer because looking back at the page, I got what I paid for. (I was in a hurry when I found it though)

However upon listening to it, the ending is slightly different from the album version, you don’t hear part of the next track coming up. So, I might have accidentally bought the wrong thing, but given what I got it with it:
IMG_1808.jpeg

Last edited:
So yet another CD from Gravity Kills arriving today is this:
IMG_1813.JPEG

Been partial to Gravity Kills for a long time now since I grew up playing Test Drive 5 and eventually Test Drive Offroad 1 and 2, all of which featured music by them. I also listened to their first album back in my late teens and was blown away by it to the point I eventually got it and lately, it's encouraged me to explore their music a lot further despite being from a genre I don't typically prefer. While I have connections with their first 2 albums due to their involvement in the Test Drive series, I don't think I know any songs on this one besides "Personal Jesus", which I listened to in my teen years and didn't remember liking it too much. Whether that feeling has aged well or not, theirs only one way to find out! 😎

Tool truck had a deal on Milwaukee where if you bought a starter set, you’d get a cordless ratchet for free. So I got the 1/4” Hex Driver kit which comes with 2 batteries and a charger.
IMG_8438.jpeg
IMG_8394.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been looking for a copy of Vanishing Point on and off for a while but people want stupid prices for it or it's a Japanese import that wouldn't work in my player. Finally found a virtually pristine used copy on ebay from a Goodwill store.

20230821_173925.jpg

My UHD media book copy of Bloodsport arrived. I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but I’m looking forward to it after all these years since my last viewing.

The recent UHD version of Hard Target looked pretty good, so I have hopes for this too.

IMG_9785.jpeg

My blue PS2 controller came in the mail a couple days ago, I just wanted to take a picture as proof I had it along with my other controllers.
20230821_203250.jpg

My blue Defender controller, looks like a mesh of a Xbox One controller and a PS3 controller.
20230821_203314.jpg

and this actually is my latest purchase, I bought a couple of new Xbox controllers from my local Gamestop. Mainly because I only had one good controller. My older controllers weren't completely broken, but one was worn on the joystick and both had a case of the joystick drift. I've tested them each on Forza Horizon 5, they feel great.
20230821_204544.jpg

PS5 Pre-Order - A lovely Wedding Anniversary gift from the wife.

View attachment 1279578

I got her…

View attachment 1279579

A ‘40s inspired Roadhouse print, plus a custom frame from the local village framers.
Are you guys planning to play together? Cuz wifey might not see you for a while LOL. Crazy game. Worst part so far is JK Simmons's voice acting, imo, so that's saying something.

Are you guys planning to play together? Cuz wifey might not see you for a while LOL. Crazy game. Worst part so far is JK Simmons's voice acting, imo, so that's saying something.
I’ve asked if she’s up for co-op and the answer is yes.

She’s an ex RuneScape player so is into fantasy RPG type games, however from the videos I’ve shown her she’s got reservations about the turn based combat but willing to give it a go.

After watching the guys I work with using these for working on cars for many years I finally bought myself a head mounted flashlight. Don't know why it's taken me so long to get one but it does come in handy for things around the house.

91VHSKZSSML._AC_SX679_.jpg

Also picked up some extra wide opening nail clippers.

61m4ieTx5yL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Back