Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,490 comments
Not sure if I should be ashamed or proud of myself but I've never set foot in an Ikea store nor purchased anything from them online.
No aversion to the company it's just I've never felt the need.
Same here. I did have an ikea arm chair given to me and it was super comfortable. I don’t think there’s an ikea within a 500km of here.

After the success of this vinyl campaign, Vylet Pony started a new one for her album “Cutiemarks (And The Things That Bind Us)”. This album came out in 2021. It was her first album that took her from a super niche artist to a slightly not as niche but still really niche artist.
View attachment 1262699
The campaign reached its goal in 18 minutes this time.
It finally arrived!!!
IMG_9649.jpeg

IMG_9650.jpeg

IMG_9651.jpeg

IMG_9652.jpeg

Here’s a code to get the digital version of the album if anyone wants it. I already got it when it released a few years ago.
IMG_9653.jpeg

Bought the Troy Lee Designs gloves to use with my racing wheel about a month ago. Fit and feel is nice for the price, and I liked the variety of color/design options compared to more "hardcore" brands.
20240106_215537.jpg

Also picked up a set of WeatherTech mats for the Lexus. Certainly the most expensive pieces of plastic I've ever bought, but should be better for dealing with Wisconsin snow and salt than the standard fabric ones.
20240127_122525.jpg

Well walking the doggo a few nights ago in heavy rain and my rainproof boots were letting water… ohh that would be a hole in the sole at the toes I hadn’t noticed.

Enter, new boots.

View attachment 1324155
Interested to hear what you think of them. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Vivobearfoot's for a while now. I have some similar looking Berghaus boots for winter dog walks but they have a more solid traditional soul. I also have a pair of Merrell Wrapt which are a 'barefoot' style shoe which i use in summer, but are not at all waterproof. I could do with something inbetween really.

Interested to hear what you think of them. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Vivobearfoot's for a while now. I have some similar looking Berghaus boots for winter dog walks but they have a more solid traditional soul. I also have a pair of Merrell Wrapt which are a 'barefoot' style shoe which i use in summer, but are not at all waterproof. I could do with something inbetween really.

I’ve worn nothing but Vivo for the last 10 years. The pair which wore through were also Vivo but we’re about 4 years old.

I currently cycle between about 3 winter pairs and 6 summer pairs.

The only pair I can’t wear now are my original leather Gobi 2’s. When I bought them my feet were still getting used to having more to spread out, now they’re about 3 cm wider than when I started so the Gobi’s are too tight and won’t stretch out any further. It’s a shame too as they’re so comfy and look great.

The best winter boots I’ve had are the ones worn through, these were the Tracker FG but were a canvas version. Fully seam sealed etc. and have been worn in snow, mud and rain without any issues and kept my feet warm, especially with the Outlast thermal insole.

I was mortified when I noticed the holes in the toes. Same place, both feet.

In fact just found these on my Insta account from 2015/2016

IMG_0215.jpeg

I still have these but as I say, just a bit too small now. Gutting

IMG_0217.jpeg

Like I say, cycle a lot of shoes at a time

IMG_0218.jpeg

Still have these from 2015 and they’re still perfect.

Last edited:
They maybe a little over the top for mainly dog walking in wet & mud but at least I should be warm and dry.
I'm out at least once a day. Every day, rain or shine. So buying something that does the job and will last, even though 'expensive' for just dog walking, isn't a false economy at all, IMO. 👍

Plenty of those silly yellow things floating around here. I’ve not experienced one myself but I can’t imagine they go very fast.
Tops out at 60 MPH in the game, which seems pretty generous.
It is hilariously slow, but it has a body kit. Oh and you can swap in basically any electric motor from any other car in the game for 200+ mph shenanigans.
085ccc35-8957-4dda-94c6-e602190c9c68.png

60mph is above the national limit here, so perhaps they’re comfortable on the highways.
I’d put money on them disappearing within 5 years though.

I'm out at least once a day. Every day, rain or shine. So buying something that does the job and will last, even though 'expensive' for just dog walking, isn't a false economy at all, IMO. 👍

Same for us. At least two walks a day no matter the weather. Plus it’s not always the park, once the woods and local ponds etc open up he gets his fill of those too, the woods are a bit of a mess though and hard to traverse even in summer.

Ohh and I forgot, you get a free pot of leather wax thrown in too to keep them in tip top.

I wore them this afternoon for his lunchtime jaunt and they were very comfy and warm. So far I’m very happy.

It’s a shame there are not many shops who sell their full range so people can have hands / feet on with them like regular shoe shops.

Last edited:
@TheCracker they’ve arrived.

They’re a substantial boot and will need a little time breaking in.

So far I’m impressed and construction seems good. They maybe a little over the top for mainly dog walking in wet & mud but at least I should be warm and dry.

View attachment 1324657
I've been looking at Vivo Barefoots, but I have wide feet. Coupled with the fact that Vivo Barefoot shoes aren't that common, it makes me more reluctant to drop money on them without being able to do a fit. I did see they allow returns on shoes that don't fit as expected.

Still, it's good to see praise of them. I might make them my next purchase.

I've been looking at Vivo Barefoots, but I have wide feet. Coupled with the fact that Vivo Barefoot shoes aren't that common, it makes me more reluctant to drop money on them without being able to do a fit. I did see they allow returns on shoes that don't fit as expected.

Still, it's good to see praise of them. I might make them my next purchase.

In normal shoes before Vivo I was a 10.5 UK size. I was told to go half a size up when I picked up my first pair, however I stuck to my normal size and after a few months my feet had started to widen and I knew then why I was told that.

I’m now on 11.5 UK, while they’re a little long in the foot, the width is spot on.

They have a really good sizing tool on their site too which you can scan your feet with your phone to get a good fit.

Back