Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,294 comments
IMAG0479_1.jpg

And no, I did not have to pay for all that at once lol

And no, I did not have to pay for all that at once lol
Good choice with the Nano, flies great indoors and on calm days outside, too. It does have a habit of shedding props, check that they're on securely before flying. Are you attaching the FatShark to the Nano?

Good choice with the Nano, flies great indoors and on calm days outside, too. It does have a habit of shedding props, check that they're on securely before flying. Are you attaching the FatShark to the Nano?
Yeah, the Nano QX is awesome. Flew it around in the hobby shop after I bought it. The FatShark is not for the Nano though lol, it is for my Horizon Sport Cub S airplane, along with my various r/c cars and trucks. I also plan on getting a Vortex race quad sometime in the next few months as well.

Another audio purchase.

I forgot this EP was being released. Being an Aphex Twin fan, I couldn't pass up his latest offering of 2015.

image.jpg

More stuff...
IMAG0482_1.jpg

Spektrum transmitter case (for my DX6i)
Blade Inductrix BNF ducted fan quadcopter
LED light set and controller for 1/10 scale r/c cars

I bought a knife sharpener because I have quite a few knives that need sharpening. My finger can partially attest to that.

61cfKtoqwJL._SL1000_.jpg

And some more stuff that came in the mail earlier:
IMAG0496_1.jpg

2X 3Racing 1/10 scale winches
HTC One M8 screen protectors
USB3.0 extension cable

Got these things this past week, but forgot to post them here 'cuz I was messing around with them.

IMG_20150823_224842.jpg

From left to right:
- BLU Life 8 XL
- Ultraviolet LED torch
- UV protective eyewear
(Sharpie and iPod are purely for size comparisons for the BLU which is ginormous in one hand!)

The BLU is huge for me (5.5" screen). I got it for $130 on Amazon, so I wasn't expecting much. Guess I could say I wasn't surprised. It has eight cores, but only 1GB of RAM, which kind of stinks. 8Mp rear camera, 2Mp front. The 1280x720 pixel resolution on this huge display makes the UI icons look like Duplo blocks, which I am not a fan of. But what can I expect of a dual-SIM 4G capable smartphone at $130 unlocked?

I didn't really need the glasses; the torch outputs a wavelength in the "safe area" of UV (backlight), not the kind you'd find in a tanning salon. If I point the beam at my hand, I feel some heat (it's still energy!), but it doesn't hurt. It isn't even uncomfortable, actually. 'Tis only a precaution.

WP_20150823_003.jpg

WP_20150823_009.jpg

Ultraviolet torch in action. "Obvious text" being written with the Sharpie pictured above and "Not so obvious text" being written in a highlighter of a very similar hue to the Post-It.

Last edited:
IMAG0399.jpg

Craigslist deal, all that for $400. Only used lightly, guy didn't know what he really had. It all works perfectly and I can't believe my luck! He did throw in FM Horizon 2, maybe he was expecting a different type of game and decided to bail out on all the kit because of that. I was seriously considering buying almost this exact setup any day now. Had great timing checking CL that day on a whim.

Using this to get up to speed on Forza in anticipation of FM6. Set up was easy enough for me, but I wonder if the last owner had done all the required firmware updates and such, otherwise he would've been stuck to a really bad steering ratio. It's definitely not plug and play.

So glad the add-on wheel was included, I kept hearing the stock wheel rim was too toyish so I wanted to avoid having to use that. Love the GTE wheel. Also made sure to order the Ricmotech G27 pedal adapter so I could continue using those in place of the basic two pedal stock kit. Eventually I'll try going the CSP route for the PC and getting this beauty so I can also use those awesome German pedals with Forza.

Anyway, it feels amazing so far. I originally wanted to get a G920 to replace my G27, then I was looking at going Fanatec, but it was going to be so expensive. I don't have the greatest past with Thrustmaster, I bought the T500 and used it on GT5 for about 3 weeks before I decided to return it. I just hated the pedals that much and I didn't have a sturdy enough set up at the time so it sort of left a bad impression.

My mind was changed on the Thrustmaster TX after diving into the reviews. I tried the T80 at PlayStation Experience last year and it was horrible, my boneheaded self thought the TX was similar, man was I wrong. What sold me most was this ISR review, I can even show you the exact moment when my mind was made up and nothing was going to stop me from getting one:

T500 level FFB in a smaller package?! SIGNED!

Oh and it came with Forza Horizon 2 and the two latest Assassin Creed games as well!

Last edited:
3 Feet A Male to B Male 2.0 for my DDJSZ. Since the current one i have is 6feet and its to long, and it im 100% sure its the cause of the stutter i get in Serato. So this should fix it.
51fdt6AqDYL._SL1200_.jpg

New sunglasses since i lost them at the last gig :\

8025ja_1024x1024.jpg

My Jamie Liddle 2 song EP arrived.

image.jpg

Sorry for the poor image. It's now pretty dark on an evening when I get in from work.

I got some boring college books.

Oh, and I bought a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet today for school. :D

My mind was changed on the Thrustmaster TX after diving into the reviews. I tried the T300 at PlayStation Experience last year and it was horrible, my boneheaded self thought the TX was similar, man was I wrong. What sold me most was this ISR review, I can even show you the exact moment when my mind was made up and nothing was going to stop me from getting one:

T500 level FFB in a smaller package?! SIGNED!

Oh and it came with Forza Horizon 2 and the two latest Assassin Creed games as well!

T300 should be similar, if not better than TX.

Back