Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,326 comments
I have an endurance race during the Rolex 24. I'm going to stream the race on my phone while I drive.
IMG_0286.JPG

So I bought a clamp for my phone that attaches to my racing rig.

Last edited:
Why would you pre-order without a release date?
Because we want to. UK got a decent deal really given how weak the pound is so pre-ordered just in case it goes up in price or down in price. Wonder if I'll find out about release date from Amazon first or from lurking on here.

SVX
...annnd endless money-pit #10 thanks to @Nuschel01

$_57.JPG

Minolta X300s - 50mm, 1.7f. I've been looking at getting into film for awhile, so I'm really excited to get started. All the aesthetic.
You chose a good kit to start with, not old enough to feel archaic but not so new it feels like a DSLR. I love my X-570 to death.

It was maintenance week this week. Started it with a fresh oil change, cabin air filter and new serpentine belt. Ended it with a new Injen short ram intake.
20170128_125343.jpg

Sound is phenomenal. Tremendous, even. Huge, huge power gains.

Ok it doesn't really add or rob any power, I bought it solely for sound and looks.

Ordered myself a pair of Huf's 'Soto' skate shoe. Skateboarding shoes are ridiculously expensive in Australia, which is annoying because they're just going to get thrashed to death, so by ordering them online I saved myself $50 AUD (including shipping).

p7F0Z5A.jpg

They look pretty good too I guess.

Ordered myself a pair of Huf's 'Soto' skate shoe. Skateboarding shoes are ridiculously expensive in Australia, which is annoying because they're just going to get thrashed to death, so by ordering them online I saved myself $50 AUD (including shipping).

p7F0Z5A.jpg

They look pretty good too I guess.

Yeah, anything Nike SB is $150 and upwards here if you don't look around. :boggled:

Fidget Cube, one is G4MER and the other is Graphite. Not technically a purchase but a reward from Kickstarter campaign.
View attachment 625320
I thought about purchasing one of those, but with my luck I'd lose track of it in a day.

Edit: Got some PVC pipe and Gorilla glue to build a shifter mount onto my racing rig.
IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited:
Technically I bought these. But then my mom gave me the money back and said happy birthday. 👍

View attachment 519985 View attachment 519986 View attachment 519987 View attachment 519989
This is sort of a review for this previous purchase... I have had these shoes for almost a year at this point. Let me tell you how much I love them.

Originally, they were a tad uncomfortable. They were super stiff and needed some breaking in. I bet it took at least 3-4 weeks for them to be broken in. I was wearing them 2-4 times a week with moderate walking distances on a college campus. My feet are not exactly designed for these slender shoes, so it was a bit of a gamble trying a completely different pair on in a store and then ordering these online. (This was my first time ever going into this type of shoe as I usually went with a wider pair of Nikes)

Quality
When I first started wearing them, I noticed how my left foot felt different than the right. I am pretty sure that is common when everybody gets new shoes, but when inspecting the inside of them it appeared as the foot linings were actually attached in slightly different areas. It bothered the crap out of me for a while but that went away as soon they broke in a bit. Overall, they have held up great. They have general signs of wear such as discolor and slight (very slight) creasing in certain parts of the leather that gets flexed a lot due to how I walk and sit while wearing them. As the shoes are white and made of leather, you'd expect them get dirty and need a good cleaning very often. While this is sort of true... I have never cleaned them. I have wore them through the dusty summer months, and the cold/wet winter months. The only cleaning I have ever done to them was taking a few napkins to some mud I stepped in. I gave them one coat of some cheap protectant I got from Wal-Mart, although I don't think it did a whole lot. No tears/frays in any of the stitching so far. I honestly couldn't ask for much better quality out of a shoe.

Comfort Cons
Although I really enjoy wearing these shoes in just any casual environment, they do have a few downsides in the comfort department. Walking long distances can be pain as they are a flat shoe. Also, since the soles are somewhat thin, stepping on pebbles and rocks can sometimes catch you off-guard and drop you to your knees. This isn't really a problem now that I know of the issue because I can brace myself and walk over them in a manner that does not hurt. As mentioned before the break-in period was lengthy which that caused some discomfort to begin with. Even after they were broken in I found they were still a bit uncomfortable for my liking. So I had to experiment and figure out what the hell was going on. What I found turns into a "comfort pro."

Comfort Pros
I have complained about the comfort enough. The trick for me was to lace them loosely. I basically loosened them all the way, put my foot in, and laced them without tightening them too much. Basically just tightened them enough to where they don't feel sloppy, but just snug enough to where I can slip them on and off without much effort. They are very comfortable for short walks and in an office setting. Yes, that is important. When I where my Nikes to the office, I constantly trip over my own feet as they feel a bit large. They are pain with the roll-y chairs and walking through tight corners. These Pumas are slim, and I do not have the problems I do with the Nikes.

Last edited:
Back