Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,330 comments
Ours lasted 3. I'm hoping it lasts the season before the frame give way to rust. Then I'm going back to a proper charcoal grill. I prefer it over gas.
That looks like a nice, and sturdy, grill though. Enjoy!

I found out a couple of things on gas grills. You definitely get a grill that's going to last longer, the more you spend. We used to buy the $300 4 burner gas grills, they worked great at first, but we use them so much (3-4+ times a week at least), they were only lasting a year or two. My last grill was a $650 Master Forge, and it was money well spent, but I also took better care of it.

The second thing is you have to keep the insides cleaned, especially on the cheaper ones. If not all that grease and stuff that falls down around the burners, catches fire and causes flare ups, then also ruins the vital parts over time.

We have a large charcoal grilll too. I like grilling different things on gas and on charcoal, but I use the gas one more especially in winter when it's cold out.

Had a minor disagreement with my old one and it is now sitting in a trash can.

UPDATE: Footbaw mag predicted Patriots (ugh) over Cowboys in Super Bowl 52. If the Pats make it again, I hope they face Eli for the FEUD ENDING SHOWDOWN FOR THE AGES.

Just a couple of purchases over the last couple of weeks:

Magnus Walker's 'Dirt Don't Slow You Down' book on Kindle...

61p0v7AcVXL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...and a A Dynavin N6-PS-S as a plug-n-play replacement for the standard Porsche PCM 2.1 car stereo. It means I'll now have sat nav, Bluetooth and full iPhone control all-in-one plus a proper touchscreen at last without having to completely re-harnass or use a dodgy MOST fibre optic adapter. (Not my pic, I have the steering wheel on the correct side ;))

GALLERY11.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple of purchases over the last couple of weeks:
...and a A Dynavin N6-PS-S as a plug-n-play replacement for the standard Porsche PCM 2.1 car stereo. It means I'll now have sat nav, Bluetooth and full iPhone control all-in-one plus a proper touchscreen at last without having to completely re-harnass or use a dodgy MOST fire optic adapter. (Not my pic, I have the steering wheel on the correct side ;))

GALLERY11.jpg
I didn't even notice that the steering wheel in the photo is on the correct side until you mentioned it. :P

I didn't even notice that the steering wheel in the photo is on the correct side until you mentioned it. :P
NO, just no.

I've also just noticed that the car in the pic doesn't have the stitched leather around the centre console. I thought all 997s did.

Old lid was feeling a bit ropey. Bought a new touring lid but removed the motoX style peak right away.

IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG

Didn't bother looking for a modular variety this time and unfortunately the design I wanted wasn't available in my size:

IMG_0322.JPG

doc351029_606x432.jpg

Having finally received my new router, I decided that the 2.4ghz in the laptop wasn't cutting it anymore. Therefore.

Dual band + bluetooth. This will also be the first time any pc or laptop related in my house will have bluetooth. :lol:

My brother informed me of some sale JB Hi-Fi were having for one day only, yesterday.

screenshot-twitter.com-2017-06-08-06-48-48.png

Ended up ordering the white version, hopefully it gets shipped out in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
The greatest rap known to mankind
awuh8YG.png
Along time ago, in a galaxy far away, me and some friends were pretty high one night. (Back when I used to do such things). We listened to the "Perfect Friend" song that Macho Man sang. It's the tribute to Mr Perfect. I think I 🤬 myself I was laughing so hard. I think that's the hardest I've ever laughed.

Along time ago, in a galaxy far away, me and some friends were pretty high one night. (Back when I used to do such things). We listened to the "Perfect Friend" song that Macho Man sang. It's the tribute to Mr Perfect. I think I 🤬 myself I was laughing so hard. I think that's the hardest I've ever laughed.

You inadvertently reminded me that I almost bought Hulk Hogan's CD from the 90's. I probably will.

Back