Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I am not :censored:ing around this weekend, I'm on a bit of a spree. I've been waiting to get a new couch, it seems like everyone is always asking me if I want a couch. People are always giving away their old couches, which a lot of them are in really great shape still.

Well I've been waiting for 2 years now, and no one has asked me if I wanted a couch. My couch is old and has tears here and there, so I went and got this:

IMG_4821.JPG

I got a great deal on it, the store has to close to remodel so they have everything marked down. Their marked down prices weren't really deals, but the lady said she would go down even more. I found a couple of couches I liked, looked them up online and she said she would beat the best online sale price. I got this couch for $150 cheaper then the best online price I could find. Pretty happy with that. Lots of neat stuff being delivered next week. :)

I am not :censored:ing around this weekend, I'm on a bit of a spree. I've been waiting to get a new couch, it seems like everyone is always asking me if I want a couch. People are always giving away their old couches, which a lot of them are in really great shape still.

Well I've been waiting for 2 years now, and no one has asked me if I wanted a couch. My couch is old and has tears here and there, so I went and got this:

View attachment 656099

I got a great deal on it, the store has to close to remodel so they have everything marked down. Their marked down prices weren't really deals, but the lady said she would go down even more. I found a couple of couches I liked, looked them up online and she said she would beat the best online sale price. I got this couch for $150 cheaper then the best online price I could find. Pretty happy with that. Lots of neat stuff being delivered next week. :)

I suppose we know who's going to host the next GTP meeet up then. :D

In readiness for the Fastnet in August...

Gill Offshore OS2 waterproofs
9f51dcc0-3fdc-4b60-a233-9119a177f219.jpg

New gloves
IMG_1242_1.jpg

Deckvest 5D pro-sensor life jacket (self inflating)
IMG_1239_1.jpg

Ocean Signal 'rescueme PLB1' (66 channel GPS personal locator beacon)... just in case I fall overboard in the middle of the night :scared:
IMG_1243_1.jpg

Pretty much ready to go now :)

The Last of Us: Remastered (Best game I've played in my life).
Horizon Zero Dawn (now playing... and what a game this is. I predict it will be GOTY 2017).
The Witcher 3 GOTY edition (waiting on the shelf)

IMG_0724.JPG

£90 touch up on right side skirt and a liiiiiiitle bit on the rim when I turn to the right to early and scrape against a kerb.

Finally got around to picking this up because it seems that availability is thinning out at most retailers and I didn't want to settle for a used copy.

WP_20170626_15_14_37_Pro[1].jpg

Now I have this movie three times, The very first 2001 DVD release, The Ultimate Edition 2007 Steelbook DVD, and finally a Blu-ray version. :D

WP_20170626_15_40_44_Pro[1].jpg

I did get the VHS as a kid in 1987, and kept hold of that for at least 12 years. It's long gone now.

Last edited:
A healthy wallet is a skinny wallet:
Black Diamond Revolt - I love it
NIC.jpg

Some rock climbing gloves
801858_BLAK_Crag_web.jpg

It's about time I bought this thing. I paid $150 for the 2015 model w/everything included(no kinect)
xbox-one.jpg

125088562-1-aral_battlefield_1_xbox_one_oyun.jpg

New Balance 247 Luxe - Tan Leather
New_balance_luxe_247_end_211216_blog_3.jpg

So much new stuff. To be honest, I'm glad I've purchased all of this. I'm going to get quite a bit of usage out it.

I couldn't resist. 17% Off of MSRP, Brand New directly from PioneerDJ. Now i will have Monitors for my setup in Montreal during the school year.

dm-40-launch.jpg

I purchased this home a couple of months ago. I didn't want to post a picture until we had possession of it. We moved in 3 days ago.
We'll be living out of boxes for the next month or so. We are replacing the entire upstairs carpeting with a distressed oak laminate and replacing a small section of carpet downstairs with new carpet.
Exciting and stressful at once. Happy for my wife and daughter.

@SlipZtrEm
My wife and I saw Muse in concert at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR. To this day it's been one of the best concerts I've ever been to. (I've been to hundreds). They put on a fantastic show.
Your wife will enjoy it and I suspect you will to.

IMG_0792.JPG

Nice place, @Boston77!

Thanks for the info on Muse. I've never been a huge fan, but I have heard good things about their live shows. Slowly getting pumped up for it...

So it seems Sony is charging $5 more for the digital version of the N. Sane Trilogy. That, truly, is insane. It seems the PS1-style case isn't actually available to purchase, so I checked Amazon. I got an extra $10 off the physical version because of my Prime membership, and it'll arrive Sunday. Sweet!

upload_2017-6-30_22-26-49.png

Bit of a haul from my trip to Vancouver...

jyK7ocu.jpg

Shirt on the left was bought when I went to the Jurassic 5 concert on the Friday before I left. It was an amazing, first time seeing a rap group live, and it was one of my favorite West Coast groups. When they played A Day at the Races I about lost my mind. Got a free drink from one of the members of the backing band that played before J5 came out, and got my hat signed by one of the members, Akil:

TdeQByk.jpg

The Canadians hat was bought at the Vancouver Canadians game I went to, the Canadians being the Single A short season affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. Game was a lot of fun even if they got blown out, and it was my first real baseball game I went to, major or minor league, in a long time.

Back